CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/Imakefile
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
Xwin build fixes and cleanups
Remove most foreign cvs keywords.
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
475. APM driver: . improved clock parameter calculation. . Fixed order of initialization of cursor. . Fixed restauration of grapical text mode. . Added YUY2 video format. . Corrected accel framebuffer pitches and max screen height (BugzillaR #528, Egbert Eich). 474. Moved DisableMMIO() out of the unmap() function, added call to EnableMMIO() to EnterVT() to work around lockup problems when switching between two Xserver (BugzillaR #748, Egbert Eich). 473. Fixed problem with text widget in Xaw when widget has a different depth than the default visual (Bugzilla #745, Wolfram Gloger). 472. Fixed Sig11 when calling X -query with no ipv6 support in kernel (BugzillaR #737, Egbert Eich). 471. Added support for Sparc64 and AMD64 on FreeBSD. This patch also disables warnings from system headers, fixes some elf relocations also relevant for other platforms and disables translation of KEY_SysReqest and KEY_Break on sparc64. (Bugzilla #739, Eric Anholt). 470. Switched VIA video driver to fillkey helper function (Bugzilla #525, Alan Cox). 469. Fixed CRT modes > FP panel size for siliconmotion (Bugzilla #727, Hugues Fournier). 468. Fixed xedit coredumps: update counter of free objects when getting an object from the list (BugzillaR #722, Egbert Eich). 467. Fixed definititon of UseInstalledOnCrossCompile so that it never is undefined (Harlod L. Hunt II). 466. Add the 'b' flag to fopen() when opening binary xkm files. This is irrelevant for *nix OSes, but reqired for Cygwin. (Bugzilla #689, Harold L Hunt II). 465. Cygwin: * MultiWindow Mode: Automatically validate the size of windows that are being resized. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Safely shutdown the MultiWindow Mode and Clipboard Manager threads on server shutdown. (Earle F. Philhower III) * MultiWindow Mode - Fix a crash from a string copy bug. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Add lots of defaults for keyboardlayout. (Alexander Gottwald) * Add a system tha allows arbitrary commands to be added to the tray menu icon. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Print the name of the keyboardlayout to aid in adding more layouts. (Alexander Gottwald) * Stop printing the IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt() failure messages after 10 times. (Harold L Hunt II) * Disable check for pc105 keyboard and just assume that it is present. This check was causing problems with certain keyboard drivers that failed to report that a pc105 keyboard was present. (Alexander Gottwald) * MultiWindow Mode - Add handling for WM_CHANGE_STATE IconicState messages; minimize the associated Windows window when these messages are received. (Harold L Hunt II). Submitted: (Bugzilla #704, Harold L. Hunt). 464. cygwin.cf: * removed BuildDPS flag. * Changed Alloca flag as Cygwin 1.5.x supports alloca, now. * Use external expat package by default. * Changed XawI18nDefines to utilize improved wide char suoort in Cygwin 1.5.x. (Bugzilla #699, Harold L. Hunt II). 463. Fixed C&T panel register setting (Akira Taniguchi, Egbert Eich). 462. Fixing crash on ia64 because of wrong setjmp buffer alignment (Bugzilla #596, John Dennis). 461. Changing ImPS/2 mouse Z-axis range to -8 to 7 (Bugzilla #691, Matthew W. S. Bell, Egbert Eich). 460. Making sure the compiled xkb config file is found by Xnest if ProjectRoot is modified (Bugzilla #688, Frank Giessler). 459. Fixing build of machine code .S files on OS/2 (Bugzilla #689, Frank Giessler). - Changed wording of message which is printed by the bigfont extension when shm support doesn't exist (Bugzilla #698, Harold Hunt).
359. More work on the NativeGDI server for Cygwin/XFree86. The span routines are nearing completion (albeit they run slowly until the higher level X primitive functions are implemented). The obvious issue with the current code is the problems surrounding 1-bit DIBsections which have msb/lsb issues compared to the other types of DIBsections. This work was done quite some time ago in the Cygwin/XFree86 CVS. (Alan Hourihane).
333. Resync with Cygwin/XFree86 changes up to Test92 (#5721, Harold Hunt and the Cygwin/XFree86 project).
(These changes are limited to Cygwin/XFree86 and won't affect anything else) 872. Bring Cygwin/XFree86 up-to-date (#5613) - Multiwindow Window Manager (Kensuke Matsuzaki). - Clipboard integration (Harold Hunt). - Remove unnecessary redefines of fchown/fchmod (Takashi Sawanaka) - Fix some NULL pointer problems on screen changes (Alexander Gottwald).
430. Cygwin/XFree86 updates - Add X.ico, an icon for Windows (Harold Hunt, Jehan Bing) - Include a preliminary pseudo-rootless mode (Matsuzaki Kensuke) - XF86Config file support (Alexander Gottwald) - Scrollbars support (Jehan Bing, Harold Hunt) (#5424, Cygwin/XFree86 developers).
#5317, #5318 - Major Cygwin/XFree86 updates
#5035, Cygwin/XFree86 updates. 1) InitOutput.c - ddxProcessArgument () - Add an undocumented parameter, -ignoreinput, to allow programmers to see how the non-NativeGDI engines behave when they do not receive input events. 2) win.h - Remove a duplicate declaration for winRestoreModeKeyStates (). 3) win.h - Add defines for ABS_AUTOHIDE and ABS_ALWAYSONTOP that should be in Cygwin's w32api shellapi.h 4) winengine.c - New file. Move winDetectSupportedEngines () and winSetEngine () here from winscrinit.c 5) wincreatewnd.c - New file. Move winCreateBoundingWindowFullScreen () and winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () here from winscrinit.c 6) wincreatewnd.c - Add a function, winAdjustForAutoHide (), to detect the location of auto-hide Window's TaskBars then back away one pixel from those edges of the screen to allow the TaskBars to popup when the mouse is moved over them. 7) winkeybd.c - winKeybdReleaseModifierKeys () - Don't check which modifier keys are down when we lose focus, just release them all; this doesn't have any adverse effect and it makes the code simpler. 8) winkeybd.c - Add a function, winSendKeyEvent ()to simplify sending a keystroke event. 9) winscrinit.c - Move winPaintBackground () to winmisc.c 10) winwndproc.c - winWindowProc () - Remove duplicate checks for pScreenPriv == NULL. 11) winwndproc.c - winWindowProc () - Only reload the privates property when the window handle has changed. I think I did this correctly this time around. 12) winwndproc.c - winWindowProc () - WM_HOTKEY - Create an engine specific function to handle the Alt+Tab hotkey. Move the Primary FB engine's functionality into that new engine specific function. Set all other engine's function to perform no operation. 13) winwndproc.c - winWindowProc () - Change the check on input events from pScreenInfo->dwEngine == WIN_ENGINE_NATIVE_GDI to pScreenInfo->fIgnoreInput.
add OSVErrorF for Cygwin
Commit Cygwin/XFree86 patches #4789, #4790 Add RandR, and new Cygwin bindist. Add Xutf8LookupString to X11-def.cpp.
allow Cygwin/XFree86 to be cross-compiled (#4784, #4785 Harold Hunt)
add Cygwin/XFree86 man page (#4756) fix typo in Bitmap.h (#4757)
fix some build issues on cygwin/xfree86 cleanup some code in hw/xwin layer
394. Cygwin updates (#4557, 4558, 4563, Suhaib Siddiqi).
343. New Xwin server code from the Cygwin/XFree86 project. This version is more portable across Win32 platforms. Changes include: - Use fb and shadowfb, and use the faster of GDI blitter, DirectDraw blitter and DirectDraw4 blitter to update damaged regions. The video card's framebuffer is no longer mapped. - Works correctly at depths > 8, but colors are not correct at depth 8. - Uses the standard Win32 API messages for processing keyboard and mouse input rather than using DirectInput. This is more reliable. - Improved internal structure and coding conventions. - Builds completely from the XFree86 tree using gcc (the Visual C++ compiled xf_dx.dll is no longer used). - The new server can run on machines that don't have DirectDraw/DirectX installed (or installed but not operable) by falling back to the GDI blitter. The best drawing interface is determined at startup, but this can be overriden with the -engine command line option. - The Xrender extension is now supported. - Command line option is available to run in full screen mode. (#4531, 4532, 4534, Cygwin/XFree86 project including Harold L Hunt II, Suhaib M Siddiqi, Dakshinamurthy Karra, Peter Busch). 342. v4l driver bug fixs: catch xalloc() failures, and set the depth correctly for the VIDIOCSPICT ioctl (#4530, Gerd Knorr).
1000. Fix parser not dup'ing a string (#4272, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 999. Improve direct fifo writes for the glint/permedia3 pixmapwrite hook when using FIFO disconnect (#4271, Sven Luther). 998. Fix a sprite problem with the "xwin" server (#4269, Suhaib M. Siddiqi). 997. Fix a confusing local typedef for "wchar_t' in xc/lib/X11/lcUTF8.c (#4268, Bruno Haible). 996. Allow ProjectVar to override "/var" when set (based on #4266, Bruno Haible).
819. Improve Xaw 7 compatibility with version 6 in the form widget geometry management code. This should fix some problems seen with ghostview (#4194, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 818. Build fixes for XFree86 on Cygwin (#4193, Suhaib Siddiqi). PM3 updates for the glint driver (Sven Luther)
second part of cygwin support (Suhaib M. Siddiqi)