CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/vgahw/vgaHW.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
205. Fix off-by-one error in VGA sync pulse positions for siliconmotion, vga, vesa and vmware drivers; other drivers to follow; also see CHANGELOG 133 (Marc La France).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
99. Fixed i810 crash on vt switch due to call to Sync() while switched away (Andris Pavenis). 98. Fixed MGAG550 HW Cursor (Laure-Amelie Couturie). 97. Added Xv support to neomagic driver (Shigehiro Nomura). 96. Implemented cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 95. Added AMD x86-64 architecture support (Egbert Eich). 94. Fixed memory leaks in xkb code (Egbert Eich). 93. Fixed several memory leaks in the config file parser and initialization routines (Egbert Eich). 92. Added CardBus bridge support (Egbert Eich). 91. Fixed strdup() define in glx (Egbert Eich). 90. Extended xf86misc extension to support changing the mouse device (Egbert Eich). 89. Replaced strdup() in xf86Configure.c with xalloc()/strcpy() to avoid conflicts when using internal malloc (Egbert Eich). 88. Extended memory debugging: Added signal handler to trigger a memory debugger dump on SIGUSR2 when compiled with memleak support (Egbert Eich). 87. Set vtSema to FALSE when suspended by APM to catch calls to 2D accel functions (Egbert Eich). 86. Implemented mouse protocol detection by analyzing data stream (Egbert Eich). 85. Added PnP mouse detection for PS/2, ImPS/2 and older MS serial mice (Egbert Eich). 84. Fixed gamma correction code for Trident 9397 (Alan Hourihane). 83. Fixed C&T driver to avoid initialization of video in non-linear mode (Egbert Eich). 82. Changed C&T driver to allow video even if acceleration is disabled (Egbert Eich). 81. Attempt to implement a more consistent handling of HW cursor in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 80. Fixed MGA driver to make HALlib work with VESA framebuffer modes (Egbert Eich). 79. Reworked Rendition driver (Egbert Eich). 78. S3 Virge driver: added minimal gap between SyncStart and HDisplay to avoid video lockups (Egbert Eich). 77. Fixed memory leaks in S3 Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 76. Modified several drivers to do int10 initialization using the VBE functions instead of calling int10 directly (Egbert Eich). 75. Fixed video support and mode initialization in Silicon Motion driver, removed wait for v-retrace (Egbert Eich). 74. Misc fixes to SiS driver (Thomas Winischhofer). 73. Added support for 1400x1050 screen in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 72. Fixed several video issues for Trident CyberBladeXP chips (Egbert Eich). 71. Added probe for Tseng ISA chips (Egbert Eich). 70. Added 'KGAUniversal' option to generic vga driver which changes handling left overscan to work also on chips with C&T core (ie all C&T and Intel graphics chips) (Egbert Eich). 69. Modified int10 code to map area between V_BIOS and SYS_BIOS instead of copying it. Copying causes problems if legacy devices map MMIO registers there (Egbert Eich). 68. Implemented an extended int10 init function to allow passing flags (Egbert Eich). 67. Implemented optional handling of BIOS video mode scratch area in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 66. Again modified MTRR range splitting (Egbert Eich). 65. Added funtions to VBE to save and restore a video mode (Egbert Eich). 64. Added missing commas to symbols/us_intl (Hans Lunsing). 63. Added Ungherese (qwerty) support (Koblinger Egmont). 62. Added Euro symbol for hungarian kbd layout (Koblinger Egmont).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
No wonder vgaHW didn't work on PowerPC. It was doing inb() to non-existent VGA registers for timing. As a side note, we should probably ignore the VGA_SR_FONTS flag on PowerPC so all the drivers don't have to have special code omitting it. There is no VGA aperture, or if there is, I don't know where it is at. It sure as hell isn't at 0xA0000.
Fix C&T 69030 support so that 1280x1024@24bpp with 75Hz refresh is possible.
462. Add a PIOOffset value plus readEnable and writeEnable function pointers to the vgahw rec. The former allows vgahw to be used for VGA registers that are shadowed in I/O space. The latter allow the VGA_ENABLE register to be accessed in similar way to most other VGA registers. Add vgaHWEnable() and vgaHWDisable() functions (David Dawes).
168. Removed code that sets a chipset into graphics mode when saving/restoring fonts in standard vga code. This causes problems on some trident chipsets (Egbert Eich). [EXPERIMENTAL!] 167. Moved KGA code that handles the H/VBlankEnd code that overscans remain invisible to separate functions. This way drivers have better control over these registers.
1279. Disable RENDER extension support in the ATI(misc) driver when mibank and/or shadowfb is used (Marc La France). 1278. Remove cfb & friends from the ATI driver (Marc La France). 1277. Some additional ATI PCI IDs (Marc La France). 1276. Make compilation of drivers produce the same object whether or not DPMS and DGA extensions are being built. Partial changes to do the same for RENDER (Marc La France). 1275. Ensure `make depend` goes through the same set of subdirectories as `make all` does. Allows MakefileAdditions to contain depend rule(s) (Marc La France). 1274. Move $(EXTRA_DEFINES) to the end of ALLDEFINES. Ditto for $(CXXEXTRA_DEFINES) and CXXDEFINES. Allows easier overrides at the subdirectory level (Marc La France). 1273. Add a pre-clean phase to `make World` if xc/xmakefile already exists (Marc La France). + update formatted docs + build & warning fixes
3799. Fix all other SaveScreen() functions, and add a helper xf86IsUnblank() that drivers can use to interpret the SaveScreen mode values (David Dawes). 3798. Fix GLINTSaveScreen's use of the second argument (#3706, Michel Danzer).
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
2970. Modify DDC for neomagic (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2969. Add DDC support for the S3 ViRGE (DDC2 untested) (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2968. Fix DDC2 support for MGA and C&T drivers (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2967. Add a call to xf86SetPciVideo(NULL,NONE) after each probe (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2966. Modified registration of the OS access windows (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2965. Some Xaw and xedit fixes (#3138, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2964. Next round of the font ansification and warning removal (#3135, Matthieu Herrb). 2963. Fix ATI 18800-x detection problem (#3133, Marc La France). 2962. Check for limitations on vertical blending in panel support for the ATI driver (#3133, Marc La France). 2961. Update ATI driver to complain about bad BIOS data (#3133, Marc La France). 2960. Man page corrections for the MGA driver (#3132, Mark Vojkovich). 2959. Limit PCI BIOS apertures to 16MB as per the PCI 2.1 spec (#3131, Marc La France). 2958. Assume a system has up to 1G of physical memory installed, rather than 2G (#3130, Marc La France). 2957. Fix a bug in the handling for buggy VGA CRTCs (#3129, Marc La France). 2956. Fix to build the mga driver with the driver SDK (#3128, David Bateman). 2955. Xterm patch #113 (#3125, Thomas Dickey). 2954. Port the XAA cfb copyplane functions, adding them to the cfb code (#3124, 3126, 3127, David Bateman).
fix a vgahw-related problem that shows up in the s3virge driver
2888. ISO 10646-1 version of the 5x7 and 6x13B fonts, and an update for the 6x13 font (#3017, Markus Kuhn). 2887. First part of the ansification of xc/lib/fonts. So far the bitmap, fc and fontfile directories have been done (#3016, Matthieu Herrb). 2886. Fix default PC98 XKB setting (#3015, Akio Morita). 2885. Remove the reference to VGADriverDoc in xfree86/Imakefile (#3015, Takaaki Nomura). 2884. Fix a bug in Xaw/TextPop.c (#3014, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2883. Man page update for xfontsel (#3013, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade).
2860. Remove the s3virge fifo_ changes introduced in 3.9Pu, update the DGA2 support and docs (#2994, Kevin Brosius). 2859. Initial attempt to get the XFree86-Misc again (#2993, Joe Moss). 2858. Remove XAASync() (#2992, Rik Faith). 2857. Cleanup the TGA driver's hw cursor code, remove global variables in in the "accel" files, and fix up the RAC support (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2856. Add partial support for color expands to the 8-bit TGA driver (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2855. Re-enable DDC2 support in the MGA driver (#2989, Andrew Aitchison). 2854. Add missing TIOC defines for Interactive Unix to xf86_OSlib.h (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2853. Don't register the Xqueue mouse handler for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2852. Don't include sys/mman.h in cidchar.c when USE_MMAP isn't defined (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Disable BuildXF86DRI and BuildXF86DRIDriverSupport for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Update the apm (Alliance ProMotion) driver (#2987, 2988, Loic Grenie). 2850. Fix a problem with the xf86config screen configuration that was introduced with the removal of "32bpp" (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2849. Add a DefaultDepth configuration page to xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2848. Add the inputDevice examples from XF86Config.eg to config files generated by xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2847. Modify the vgahw module to allow it to save/restore more than the standard number VGA CRTC, Sequencer, Graphics and Attribute registers (2985, Jeff Garzik). 2846. Add DDC information to the release notes (#2984, Andrew Aitchison). 2845. Change XDGAChangePixmapMode to return the X-Y position of the pixmap in case the server is not able to place it exactly where requested (#2983, Mark Vojkovich). 2844. Fix some problems with unfavorable alignment of XAA offscreen pixmap (#2982, Mark Vojkovich). 2843. Some XAA speedups for NonTE text in certain cases (#2981, Mark Vojkovich).
fix some build bugs on other platforms fix video noise associated with writing colourmaps in vgahw
merge pandix/panmi into dix/mi fix an xtrans bug introduced earlier minor server header cleanups
s3virge and colourmap layer updates
Initial batch of patches for 3.9No
some colormap updates
preparing for 3.9Nl
more updates for 3.9Ng
patches for 3.9Ng
update sample config file allow drivers to tell the loader about symbols it references and which are essential.
vgahw module rework
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
file vgaHW.h was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.