CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/vgahw/vgaHW.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
122. In the vesa driver, do not call VBE to save/restore adapter state if the mode on server entry is not one reported by VBE (i.e. is a VGA or OEM mode). This prevents hangs under certain video BIOS'es (Marc La France). 121. Change the vesa and vgahw modules' saving and restoring of video memory for the mode on server entry to be less prone to bus lockouts (Marc La France). 120. Change the vesa driver to save and restore more video memory contents for the mode on server entry (Marc La France). 119. Fix vesa driver's mapping of video memory apertures (Marc La France). 118. Experimental change to cause the vesa driver to ignore sync tolerances in XF86Config monitor sections when the monitor is detected through DDC to be a digital panel, relying instead on any BIOS ability to reject or adjust mode timings to accomodate the panel (Marc La France). 117. Endianness changes to the vesa driver (Marc La France). In part, these changes amount to a port of the vesa driver to non-ix86 architectures.
205. Fix off-by-one error in VGA sync pulse positions for siliconmotion, vga, vesa and vmware drivers; other drivers to follow; also see CHANGELOG 133 (Marc La France).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
801. Optimise SlowBcopy() for ia64 architecture (Marc La France). 800. Simplify vgaHWSaveFonts() and vgaHWRestoreFonts() to fix hangs seen with certain nVidia boards on ZX1-based systems (Marc La France).
IRIX build and warning fixes
948. Fix reversed logic for VGA locking/unlocking (Nat Ersoz).
536. Attempt to fix bitblt problems when doing offscreen pixmaps in i810 (Egbert Eich). 535. Change Build rule so that x86 assembler code for MESA can be completely disabled on i386 (Egbert Eich). 534. Added IEEE Optimization for x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 533. Initialized fullscreen in DRIscreenPrivate to a vaild value (Egbert Eich). 532. Fixed module loader to map memory in the low 32bit address space on x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 531. Shifted Keypad delete: added KP_Separator for de_DE and de_CH keyboard. 530. Added sanity checks to various scripts (Egbert Eich). 529. Fixed Trident RGB16 video playback mode (Alastair Robinsion). 528. i810 only set OVRACT register when TVout isn't enabled (Sebastien BASTARD, Matthew J. Sottek, Egbert Eich). 527. Record changes of BusMaster state so that pciDisable/Enable/Mem/Io don't override these (Egbert Eich). 526. Fixed RAC code: when no resources are shared chips may still need RAC for bus access if both require non overlapping parts of the VGA resources (Egbert Eich). 525. Fix for resource registration of C&T and Tdfx driver (Egbert Eich). 524. Prevent core dumps in Xutf8Reset/Lookup code of Xlib (Masaru Yokoi). 523. Added support for BE systems for C&T driver (Michael Stephen Hanni). 522. Added support for special keys found on many ACPI control, Easy Access Keyboards, Internet keyboards, laptops, notebooks and PDA (via xkb/symbols/inet). Added new key symbols for these keyboards (Stanislav Brabec). 521. Fixed some problems with ininite loops which where introduced with the host bridge specific code (Egbert Eich). 520. AXP domain support (Jeff Wiedemeier). 519. Added -m32 flag to c++ when build on ia32 (Egbert Eich). 518. Support for R_ALPHA_GPRELHIGH und R_ALPHA_GPRELL on Alpha used by gcc 3.2 (Stefan Reinauer). 517. Added rule to be able to use Numlock key on broken IBM keyboards (Stefan Dirsch). 516. Fixed Xlib build rules so it builds a truly static library again (Egbert Eich).
99. Fixed i810 crash on vt switch due to call to Sync() while switched away (Andris Pavenis). 98. Fixed MGAG550 HW Cursor (Laure-Amelie Couturie). 97. Added Xv support to neomagic driver (Shigehiro Nomura). 96. Implemented cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 95. Added AMD x86-64 architecture support (Egbert Eich). 94. Fixed memory leaks in xkb code (Egbert Eich). 93. Fixed several memory leaks in the config file parser and initialization routines (Egbert Eich). 92. Added CardBus bridge support (Egbert Eich). 91. Fixed strdup() define in glx (Egbert Eich). 90. Extended xf86misc extension to support changing the mouse device (Egbert Eich). 89. Replaced strdup() in xf86Configure.c with xalloc()/strcpy() to avoid conflicts when using internal malloc (Egbert Eich). 88. Extended memory debugging: Added signal handler to trigger a memory debugger dump on SIGUSR2 when compiled with memleak support (Egbert Eich). 87. Set vtSema to FALSE when suspended by APM to catch calls to 2D accel functions (Egbert Eich). 86. Implemented mouse protocol detection by analyzing data stream (Egbert Eich). 85. Added PnP mouse detection for PS/2, ImPS/2 and older MS serial mice (Egbert Eich). 84. Fixed gamma correction code for Trident 9397 (Alan Hourihane). 83. Fixed C&T driver to avoid initialization of video in non-linear mode (Egbert Eich). 82. Changed C&T driver to allow video even if acceleration is disabled (Egbert Eich). 81. Attempt to implement a more consistent handling of HW cursor in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 80. Fixed MGA driver to make HALlib work with VESA framebuffer modes (Egbert Eich). 79. Reworked Rendition driver (Egbert Eich). 78. S3 Virge driver: added minimal gap between SyncStart and HDisplay to avoid video lockups (Egbert Eich). 77. Fixed memory leaks in S3 Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 76. Modified several drivers to do int10 initialization using the VBE functions instead of calling int10 directly (Egbert Eich). 75. Fixed video support and mode initialization in Silicon Motion driver, removed wait for v-retrace (Egbert Eich). 74. Misc fixes to SiS driver (Thomas Winischhofer). 73. Added support for 1400x1050 screen in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 72. Fixed several video issues for Trident CyberBladeXP chips (Egbert Eich). 71. Added probe for Tseng ISA chips (Egbert Eich). 70. Added 'KGAUniversal' option to generic vga driver which changes handling left overscan to work also on chips with C&T core (ie all C&T and Intel graphics chips) (Egbert Eich). 69. Modified int10 code to map area between V_BIOS and SYS_BIOS instead of copying it. Copying causes problems if legacy devices map MMIO registers there (Egbert Eich). 68. Implemented an extended int10 init function to allow passing flags (Egbert Eich). 67. Implemented optional handling of BIOS video mode scratch area in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 66. Again modified MTRR range splitting (Egbert Eich). 65. Added funtions to VBE to save and restore a video mode (Egbert Eich). 64. Added missing commas to symbols/us_intl (Hans Lunsing). 63. Added Ungherese (qwerty) support (Koblinger Egmont). 62. Added Euro symbol for hungarian kbd layout (Koblinger Egmont).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
save all 8 font slots instead of only one (Matthias Drochner).
Remove (stale) support for Amoeba and Minix.
Fix C&T 69030 support so that 1280x1024@24bpp with 75Hz refresh is possible.
remove debugging messages
Trivial typo fix in vgahw for KGA
462. Add a PIOOffset value plus readEnable and writeEnable function pointers to the vgahw rec. The former allows vgahw to be used for VGA registers that are shadowed in I/O space. The latter allow the VGA_ENABLE register to be accessed in similar way to most other VGA registers. Add vgaHWEnable() and vgaHWDisable() functions (David Dawes).
168. Removed code that sets a chipset into graphics mode when saving/restoring fonts in standard vga code. This causes problems on some trident chipsets (Egbert Eich). [EXPERIMENTAL!] 167. Moved KGA code that handles the H/VBlankEnd code that overscans remain invisible to separate functions. This way drivers have better control over these registers.
144. Fix the neomagic driver so that it saves/restores the palette (#4452, Ken Hornstein). 143. Fix a palette saving bug in the vgahw module (#4452, Ken Hornstein). 142. Fix a typo in Xfbdev.man (#4446, Juliusz Chroboczek). 141. Major updates to the savage driver, including: - DDC support - I2C support - XVideo YUV overlay support for Savage/MX and Savage/IX - DGA support - yanks Ani Joshi's depth/bitsPerPixel patch for searching the BIOS - fixes interactions with frame buffer and SVGATextMode consoles; VT switching now seems quite reliable for almost everyone - yanks unused options - adds new options for hacks to deal with the status register hangs - adds one special case memory configuration for Savage 4 - adds support for doublescan modes (320x240 works) - adds LCD panel detection - fixes a panning bug at depth 24 (panning must be to even pixels) - adds a workaround for bugs in the latest ProSavage BIOSes (#4445, 4448, Tim Roberts). 140. Make 'X -configure' use the long monitor name when present in the DDC info (#4444, Andrew C. Aitchison). 139. Make glxinfo respect $DISPLAY (#4443, Meelis Roos). 138. Fix TrueType font problems in 4.0.2 (#4439, Juliusz Chroboczek). 137. Document the "DisplaySize" keyword in the XF86Config man page (#4438, Andrew C. Aitchison).
1279. Disable RENDER extension support in the ATI(misc) driver when mibank and/or shadowfb is used (Marc La France). 1278. Remove cfb & friends from the ATI driver (Marc La France). 1277. Some additional ATI PCI IDs (Marc La France). 1276. Make compilation of drivers produce the same object whether or not DPMS and DGA extensions are being built. Partial changes to do the same for RENDER (Marc La France). 1275. Ensure `make depend` goes through the same set of subdirectories as `make all` does. Allows MakefileAdditions to contain depend rule(s) (Marc La France). 1274. Move $(EXTRA_DEFINES) to the end of ALLDEFINES. Ditto for $(CXXEXTRA_DEFINES) and CXXDEFINES. Allows easier overrides at the subdirectory level (Marc La France). 1273. Add a pre-clean phase to `make World` if xc/xmakefile already exists (Marc La France). + update formatted docs + build & warning fixes
1256. Fix 1bpp colour map in vgaHW (Marc La France). 1255. More IA64 loader fixes and make xf86sym.c compile again (Michael Madore, Marc La France). 1254. Add missing symbols in vesa driver (Marc La France). (+ warning fixes)
935. Update GNU/Hurd support (#A.188, Marcus Brinkmann).
897. Added render extension support to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 896. Fixed clock code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 899. xf86Configure now uses the imake variable xf86ConfigFile (Egbert Eich). 898. xf86cfg has a new option for a server path (Egbert Eich). 897. xf86cfg can now handle more than one command line argument (Egbert Eich). 895. Added a delay to dac code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 894. Changed shadowfb to use delayed updates in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 893. Rewrote ddc code in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 892. Rewrote ddc code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 891. Fixed problems with enter/leave/closeScreen in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 890. Fixed a bug in the fixed modelines in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 889. Added reinitialization of blitter on enterVT in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 888. Fixed a typo which caused wrong register to be set in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 887. Added loader symbol handling to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 886. Changed tseng driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 885. Changed chips driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 884. Added render extension support to chips driver (Egbert Eich). 883. Added render extension support to neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 882. Added render extension support to nv driver (Egbert Eich). 881. Modified helper_mem.c to map everything between video bios and system bios on PC-like platforms (Egbert Eich). 880. Modified Linux mapVidMem() to map memory on page boundaries (Egbert Eich). 879. Changed BIOS_SIZE (Sys BIOS) from 0x10000 to 0xffff to make int10 work un DGUX (Takis Psarogiannakopoulos). 878. Fixed a bug in the argument list of the call to xf86ReadPciBIOS() from int10/pci.c (Egbert Eich). 877. Added simple sanity check to catch situation where DDC reads all 0 and therefore trivially has the correct checksum (Egbert Eich). 876. Changed i2c code to allow for longer rise/fall times on longer cables (Egbert Eich). 875. Removed limit on default visual for 4bpp (Egbert Eich). 874. Added macros to build nv driver on AXP (Jay Estabrook). 873. Changed -configure to use primary card as first card (Egbert Eich). 872. Changed generic vga driver to not unmap memory when switched away. 871. Fixed problem that caused APM support to be disabled on server reset (Egbert Eich). 870. Added support for newer sparse AXP systems (Egbert Eich). 869. Added support for MGA G100 PCI (Egbert Eich).
507. Remove obsolete PC98 code (#4081, Takaaki Nomura). 506. Fix PC98 keyboard problems (#4081, Osamu Tomita). 505. Imake support for building on Linux/arm32 (#4080, Andrew E. Mileski). 504. Fix a problem with restoring the PIXCONF register in the i810 driver (#4078, Jonathan Bian). 503. Fix a build problem with the sis dri driver Imakefile (#4076, Takaaki Nomura). 502. Add DPMS support to the fbdev driver (#4075, Ani Joshi). 501. Add DPMS support to the fbdevhw module (#4074, Ani Joshi).
491. fixed handling of backwards compatibility in xvmode (Egbert Eich). 490. fixed changing mouse protocol with xf86misc extensions (Egbert Eich). 489. added code to sanitize uninitialized PCI config space base addresses (Egbert Eich). 488. Changed xf86xv.c to call StopVideo(exit=TRUE) even if StopVideo(exit=FALSE) has already been sent (Egbert Eich). 487. fixed core dump in C&T video driver when vt switching Changed C&T video driver to only register a block handler when StopVideo() is called with exit = TRUE (Egbert Eich). 486. Fixed Cirrus driver not segfault when termineated while switched away (Egbert Eich). 485. Neomagic driver: select sw cursor when screen stretching is enabled (Egbert Eich). 484. Neomagic driver: fixed problem with screen to screen copy on 2200 chipsets (Egbert Eich). 483. Neomagic driver: fixed 'white screen problem' by implementing a signal save delay routine (Egbert Eich). 482. r128 driver: Fixed colormap set problem when server is switched away (Egbert Eich). 481. r128 driver Added reinitialization of accel engine after vt switch. 480. fixed a fg/bg color problem in SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 479. attempt to address some problems with Cyber LCD chipsets in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 478. tseng driver: Implemented correct MMIO handling (Egbert Eich). 477. tseng driver: made accel driver multi screen capable (Egbert Eich). 476. fixed vgaHW driver to use forground color for readability test of pallette registers. This prevents annoying flashing screen on server start (Egbert Eich). 475. added module/font/rgb path parameters to xf86cfg (Egbert Eich).
472. Save/restore the text mode colourmap for Solaris, to fix a blank screen problem on Solaris 8 after exiting the X server (#A.104, Richard Coley). 471. Patch for SuperProbe on Linux with devfs (#A.103, Adam J. Richter). 470. Enable BSD/gcc-2.95.2 workaround for BSD/OS 4.2 (#4072, Kurt Lidl).
451. Minor int10 and VBE fixups (Marc La France). 450. For frequency options, don't clobber the old value before verifying the new one is valid (Marc La France). 449. Ensure xf86_ansic.h is always #include'd before compiler.h in code that can be compiled as a module (even for the static server). Generate an error if not (Marc La France). `make Everything` required.
update formatted docs 3832. Add a "xf86LoaderCheckSymbol" function and use this in drivers to check if the vgahw module is loaded before calling vgaHWFreeHWRec() (David Dawes).
3799. Fix all other SaveScreen() functions, and add a helper xf86IsUnblank() that drivers can use to interpret the SaveScreen mode values (David Dawes). 3798. Fix GLINTSaveScreen's use of the second argument (#3706, Michel Danzer).
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
3395. Add QNX4, Neutrino support (#3489, Frank Guangxin Liu).
2970. Modify DDC for neomagic (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2969. Add DDC support for the S3 ViRGE (DDC2 untested) (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2968. Fix DDC2 support for MGA and C&T drivers (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2967. Add a call to xf86SetPciVideo(NULL,NONE) after each probe (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2966. Modified registration of the OS access windows (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2965. Some Xaw and xedit fixes (#3138, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2964. Next round of the font ansification and warning removal (#3135, Matthieu Herrb). 2963. Fix ATI 18800-x detection problem (#3133, Marc La France). 2962. Check for limitations on vertical blending in panel support for the ATI driver (#3133, Marc La France). 2961. Update ATI driver to complain about bad BIOS data (#3133, Marc La France). 2960. Man page corrections for the MGA driver (#3132, Mark Vojkovich). 2959. Limit PCI BIOS apertures to 16MB as per the PCI 2.1 spec (#3131, Marc La France). 2958. Assume a system has up to 1G of physical memory installed, rather than 2G (#3130, Marc La France). 2957. Fix a bug in the handling for buggy VGA CRTCs (#3129, Marc La France). 2956. Fix to build the mga driver with the driver SDK (#3128, David Bateman). 2955. Xterm patch #113 (#3125, Thomas Dickey). 2954. Port the XAA cfb copyplane functions, adding them to the cfb code (#3124, 3126, 3127, David Bateman).
2902. Xterm patch #112 (#3031, Thomas Dickey). 2901. Change the colormap layer's LoadPalette function to take a Visual as an argument rather than just the Visual class (#3030, Mark Vojkovich). 2900. Add some code to auto-detect Japanese PC98 systems (#3029, Takaaki Nomura). 2899. Fix a casting problem in DefineSelf() that shows up on FreeBSD/alpha (#3028, Doug Rabson). 2898. Fix a problem with the GMX2000 DRI support (Jens Owen).
fix a vgahw-related problem that shows up in the s3virge driver
2873. Fix a glyph padding problem in XAA's nonTE text code that shows up on 64-bit platforms (Doug Rabson). 2872. Rework the wacom driver's init phase (#3004, Frederic Lepied). 2871. Add a 19200 speed option to the wacom driver for Airbrush tablets (#3004, Frederic Lepied). 2870. Add support for transparent stipples to the tga driver (#3003, Matt Grossman). 2869. Modify xfontsel to not show scaled fonts by default (#3002, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2868. Some notes about xterm for the release notes (#3001, Thomas Dickey). 2867. Some Xaw, Xmu and xedit updates (#2999, 3002, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2866. Xterm patch #111 (#2998, Thomas Dickey). 2865. Fix a "NoAccel" problem with the PM2 video support (#2997, Michael Schimek). 2864. Update for lynx.cf (#2995, Thomas Mueller). 2863. Fix a LynxOS macro clash with the cirrus driver, and fix a xf86UnmapVidMem() warning in the cirrus driver (#2995, Thomas Mueller). 2862. Fix a problem on LynxOS where assert is unresolved in the static server (#2995, Thomas Mueller). 2861. Fix a problme with vsnprintf being unresolved when building Xvfb and Xnest on some platforms (#2995, Thomas Mueller).
fix some build problems and update formatted docs
2860. Remove the s3virge fifo_ changes introduced in 3.9Pu, update the DGA2 support and docs (#2994, Kevin Brosius). 2859. Initial attempt to get the XFree86-Misc again (#2993, Joe Moss). 2858. Remove XAASync() (#2992, Rik Faith). 2857. Cleanup the TGA driver's hw cursor code, remove global variables in in the "accel" files, and fix up the RAC support (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2856. Add partial support for color expands to the 8-bit TGA driver (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2855. Re-enable DDC2 support in the MGA driver (#2989, Andrew Aitchison). 2854. Add missing TIOC defines for Interactive Unix to xf86_OSlib.h (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2853. Don't register the Xqueue mouse handler for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2852. Don't include sys/mman.h in cidchar.c when USE_MMAP isn't defined (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Disable BuildXF86DRI and BuildXF86DRIDriverSupport for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Update the apm (Alliance ProMotion) driver (#2987, 2988, Loic Grenie). 2850. Fix a problem with the xf86config screen configuration that was introduced with the removal of "32bpp" (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2849. Add a DefaultDepth configuration page to xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2848. Add the inputDevice examples from XF86Config.eg to config files generated by xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2847. Modify the vgahw module to allow it to save/restore more than the standard number VGA CRTC, Sequencer, Graphics and Attribute registers (2985, Jeff Garzik). 2846. Add DDC information to the release notes (#2984, Andrew Aitchison). 2845. Change XDGAChangePixmapMode to return the X-Y position of the pixmap in case the server is not able to place it exactly where requested (#2983, Mark Vojkovich). 2844. Fix some problems with unfavorable alignment of XAA offscreen pixmap (#2982, Mark Vojkovich). 2843. Some XAA speedups for NonTE text in certain cases (#2981, Mark Vojkovich).
back out unneeded change
2740. Trap for packed 24bpp on systems with 64-bit scanlines. 2739. Fix the type of the "set_mckl" option in the s3virge driver (#2865, Harald Koenig). 2738. Fix some s3virge palette problems in 8bpp mode (#2863, Harald Koenig). 2737. Avoid clobbering CR55 in the s3virge HW cursor code (#2862, Harald Koenig). 2736. Xterm patch #106 (#2861, Thomas Dickey). 2735. Fix an incorrect test in I2CWriteBytes() in the i2c module (#2875, Ben Cahill). 2734. Don't set YDSTORG for the non-WRAM Matrox cards (#2874, Mark Vojkovich). 2733. Change the order of text-mode font restoration in the vgahw module (#2872). 2732. XInput driver for Dynapro touch screens (#2859, 2860, 2867, David Woodhouse). 2731. Enable support for extended PS/2 protocols on Solaris/x86 (#2857, Nicholas Brealey). 2730. Fix the ZAxisMapping handling in the mouse driver (#2857, Nicholas Brealey). 2729. Add a sixth valuator to the wacom driver to support the wheel of the airbrush and of the lens cursor (Frederic Lepied). 2728. Convert the wacom driver to work with the new input code (Frederic Lepied).
2727. Increase the MAXSCREENS value from 4 to 16 (Egbert Eich). 2726. Add support for printing out PCI-PCI bridge header information correctly (Egbert Eich). 2725. New RAC (Resource Access Control) code (Egbert Eich). 2723. An attempt at allowing the server to correct the /tmp/.X11-unix directory when it is possible to do so safely (David Dawes).
preliminary MTRR support for FreeBSD (3.2 and later) Fix some vgaHW map usage
rework MapVidMem functions
patches 2468-2471,2473-2476 plus mga and pci updates
fix some build bugs on other platforms fix video noise associated with writing colourmaps in vgahw
Some PCI updates and some x*alloc casting cleanups
fix a typo
s3virge and colourmap layer updates
Initial batch of patches for 3.9No
some colormap updates
preparing for 3.9Nl
patches for 3.9Ng
update sample config file allow drivers to tell the loader about symbols it references and which are essential.
vgahw module rework
fix mga crash
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
Back out #1896, and fix a few other things
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
file vgaHW.c was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.