CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/r128_dri.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
36. Rage 128 driver changes: - Add support for dual head on Rage 128 Mobility's (X.Org, via OpenBSD's xenocara repository). - Don't use vgaHW if the video mode on server entry is found to be an accelerator (i.e. non-VGA) video mode (Marc La France). - Avoid hard-failed master aborts while attempting to read video BIOS (Marc La France).
107. Change the r128 and radeon drivers to respect the size PCI allocates for their MMIO regions (Marc La France).
Merge in latest DRI codebase
White space cleanup.
DRI merge - CHANGELOG entries to follow.
453. Add gcc format checking for the X server's message and logging functions, and fix lots of associated warnings (David Dawes).
290. Update the usage of DRM AGP handles to reflect the fact that 0 is a valid handle since handles were switched to be AGP "key" values (Bugzilla #484, Dave Airlie).
858. Update Rage 128 and Radeon PCI IDs (Mike Harris).
Resync with DRI (mesa-4-0-4-branch).
536. Attempt to fix bitblt problems when doing offscreen pixmaps in i810 (Egbert Eich). 535. Change Build rule so that x86 assembler code for MESA can be completely disabled on i386 (Egbert Eich). 534. Added IEEE Optimization for x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 533. Initialized fullscreen in DRIscreenPrivate to a vaild value (Egbert Eich). 532. Fixed module loader to map memory in the low 32bit address space on x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 531. Shifted Keypad delete: added KP_Separator for de_DE and de_CH keyboard. 530. Added sanity checks to various scripts (Egbert Eich). 529. Fixed Trident RGB16 video playback mode (Alastair Robinsion). 528. i810 only set OVRACT register when TVout isn't enabled (Sebastien BASTARD, Matthew J. Sottek, Egbert Eich). 527. Record changes of BusMaster state so that pciDisable/Enable/Mem/Io don't override these (Egbert Eich). 526. Fixed RAC code: when no resources are shared chips may still need RAC for bus access if both require non overlapping parts of the VGA resources (Egbert Eich). 525. Fix for resource registration of C&T and Tdfx driver (Egbert Eich). 524. Prevent core dumps in Xutf8Reset/Lookup code of Xlib (Masaru Yokoi). 523. Added support for BE systems for C&T driver (Michael Stephen Hanni). 522. Added support for special keys found on many ACPI control, Easy Access Keyboards, Internet keyboards, laptops, notebooks and PDA (via xkb/symbols/inet). Added new key symbols for these keyboards (Stanislav Brabec). 521. Fixed some problems with ininite loops which where introduced with the host bridge specific code (Egbert Eich). 520. AXP domain support (Jeff Wiedemeier). 519. Added -m32 flag to c++ when build on ia32 (Egbert Eich). 518. Support for R_ALPHA_GPRELHIGH und R_ALPHA_GPRELL on Alpha used by gcc 3.2 (Stefan Reinauer). 517. Added rule to be able to use Numlock key on broken IBM keyboards (Stefan Dirsch). 516. Fixed Xlib build rules so it builds a truly static library again (Egbert Eich).
441. Import Mesa-4.0.4, and resync with the DRI trunk (DRI Project).
367. When enabling PCI adapters, also enable their bus mastering capability; Consequently, deprecate xf86EnablePciBusMaster() (Marc La France). + reduce compilation of unused code.
Second stage of mesa-4 merge.
Resync with today's trunk.
Handle the ATI Rage128 "PP" variant like the "PR" variant.
530. Set the r128 DRI driver version back to 2.2 so that the major version is the same as for the version in XFree86 4.1.0.
merge from DRI CVS trunk.
346. Changed itn10 module to stub on Sparc (Egbert Eich). 345. Added hyperpen driver (Roland Jansen et. al.). 344. Fixed alignments of x86emu-structures for AXP (Jay Estabrook). 343. Fixed XLoadQueryFont() and XLoadFont() to support locales (required for Euro support) (Markus Kuhn). 342. Modified XtCvtStringToFont() to match any ISO8859 instead of latin1 as fallback. Required for Euro Support (Markus Kuhn). 341. Added acute to compose key list for iso8859-15 (Markus Kuhn). 340. Modified XV Xinerama support to recognize adaptors if screen 0 has no adaptor (Egbert Eich). 339. Modified order of disable devices and LeaveVT() to be symetric to the enter case (Egbert Eich). 338. Modified GetTimeInMillis() to handle non monotonous system clocks (Egbert Eich). 337. Added comment about a Zeos Meridan 850c Notebook to C&T docs (Alan Cox). 336. Added call to vbeFree() to apm driver (Egbert Eich). 335. C&T driver: - fixed sig11 problem for non-69030 chipsets. - fixed DGA to announce acellerated functions only if accelleration is enabled. - added FP_mode flag to C&T driver which allows to override the detected state of the flat panel (Egbert Eich). - fixed driver to act appropriately if the BIOS switches to the external monitor it detects when doing DDC. - Set IOBase correctly for MMIO when detection 65545 PCI. - fixed text screen restauration on 69030 (Egbert Eich). - reinabled correct KGA handling of C&T chips: unblank before the end of scanline. - added support for composite sync. - when FP is active disallow display sizes greater than panel. - added double buffering to video support. - fixed register settings to prevent flickering during video playback. (Egbert Eich). 334. Fixed bug in C&T driver that caused interlaced mode not to work (Claus HulstrÝm). 333. Added full MMIO support for C&T 69030 chips (Gregg H. Burman). 332. Fixed MMIO accel code in Cirrus Alpine driver, got PIO accel code to work (Egbert Eich). 331. Fixed fbdev to obtain 24 bit framebuffer format from the kernel, added more failure messages to fbdev driver (Egbert Eich). 330. Added calls to vbeFree() to rendition, savage, silicon motion, i740 and i810 driver (Egbert Eich). 329. Modified MGA driver for new Sparse allocation sceme (Jay Estabrook). 328. Modified handling of sparse addresses on AXP: The code now no longer maps the entire sparse range. Now the required ranges are mapped relative to a fixed base address (Jay Estabrook). 327. Fixed HW cursor for MGA G100 (Egbert Eich). 326. Fixed MGA drivers to be able to use overlay modes when HAL lib is loaded (Egbert Eich). 325. Disabled accel functions that cause lockups on certain neomagic systems by default. They can be reenabled by setting the option "StrangeLockups" to "no" (Egbert Eich). 324. Did a further fix on ScreenToScreenCopy() for Neomagic 2200 (Egbert Eich). 323. Added experimental support for Toshiba Libretto. This can be enabled by the option "DisplayHeight480" (Egbert Eich). 322. Fixed clipping in Savage driver, update to version 18.104.22.168 (Tim Roberts). 321. fixed calls to BLTSync() on SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 320. Fixed Mono8x8PatternFill(): Moving SETROPFG behind SETROPBG did the trick (Egbert Eich). 319. Setting 24 bpp pximap flags correctly in SiS driver dependening on chipset (Egbert Eich). 318. Setting depth and bpp of framebuffer correctly for suncg14 and sunleo driver (Thorsten Kukuk). 317. Tseng driver not longer ignores results of TsengDoMemLimit() which tests for certain restrictions on the usable framebuffer size (Egbert Eich). 316. Vesa driver: adding calls to vbeFree() before exiting PreInit(). Reinit vbe in ScreenInit() (Egbert Eich). 315. Adding int10 initialization to generic vga driver (Egbert Eich). 314. Modified generic vga driver to use shadow fb for vga16 on AXP. This works around the problem that AXP can address memory only 32bit wide which doesn't work on a latched register planar fb (Egbert Eich). 313. Removing 3.3 code from wacom driver. Makes driver hard to read (Egbert Eich). 312. Removing message output from xf86WcmPlug() which causes -configure to core dump (Egbert Eich). 311. Modified int10 Pci code to be able to use new version of xf86ReadPciBIOS() (Egbert Eich). 310. Modified int10 int1A handler to return valid when an unimplemented int10 call is encountered. This allows fallback to system BIOS (Egbert Eich). 309. Modified xf86ReadPciBIOS() to check for valid i386 PC signature. Added functions xf86GetAvailablePciBIOSTypes() and xf86ReadPciBIOSByType() to obtain available PCI BIOS types and retrieve a certain BIOS by type (Egbert Eich). 308. Reversed bogus patch 1050 of version 4.0.2. The graphics engine will *never* be called after receiving an APM suspend and before receiving an APM resume. If the neomagic locks up on resume this has a different reason (Egbert Eich). 307. Change real/effective user ID to 0/0 before calling modprobe in xf86LoadKernelModule() on Linux so user can also load drm modules. Fixed PATH environment variable to /sbin (Stefan Dirsch, Egbert Eich). 306. Removed disable/enable interrupt code on ia64 as interrupts cannot be controled from user level (Egbert Eich). 305. Further attempt to fix split algorithm for MTRR regions (Egbert Eich). 304. Fixed problem in XAACopyPlaneNtoNColorExpand() that caused bogus memory accesses when src was not in fb memory (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed cfb8_32PaintWindow() to use correct cfb32FillBoxTileOdd function (Egbert Eich). 302. Fix to xdm PAM support (Werner Fink). 301. Fixed cz and cz_querty keyboard layouts, added support for Slovak keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). 300. Fixed core dump in twm if no locales are present (Egbert Eich). 299. Modified xterm app default to use LFD fontnames instead of old type (Michael Schroeder).
Add ATI Xpert2000 (Rage128 SM) support (#4896) Fix some Cygwin/XFree86 dependencies in cygwin.rules (#4894)
Commit ATI's driver patch for ... ATI LINUX DRIVER UPDATE July, 2001, ATI Technology 1. New features: (1) New cards: RADEON VE, RADEON MOBILITY M6, All-in-Wonder RADEON, RAGE 128 PRO ULTRA (2) Digital Flat Panel and LCD (VE and M6 only). (3) Dual-head and Xinerama (VE and M6 only). (4) EDID using DDC2(I2C) interface. 2. Unsupported features and known bugs: (1) DRI is not currently working with dual-head/Xinerama setup. (2) Monitor hot swapping (P&D) is not supported. (3) Power management is not fully implemented. (4) TV output is not supported.
472. Resync with DRI CVS trunk (VA Linux Systems).
373. Resync with DRI CVS trunk (VA Linux Systems).
Update the xf86EnablePciBusMaster interface to fit in better as a common layer bus interface.
Fix xf86EnablePciBusMaster calls
resync drivers with DRI CVS trunk
1252. Resync with DRI CVS trunk (Kevin Martin, VA Linux Systems) - Add Radeon 3D driver (Kevin Martin and Gareth Hughes) - Improve Rage 128 3D driver support (Gareth Hughes) - Add fast AGP read/drawpixels support in MGA driver (Keith Whitwell) - Update DRI docs (Kevin Martin, Brian Paul) - Fix various bugs (Keith Whitwell, Brian Paul, Kevin Martin)
Bump libdri.a version from 3.0.x to 3.1.x. Mark's backbuffer changes cause the DRIWrap structure to change and therefore the private structures in the drivers change.
1173. Fix some R128 DRI bugs: - Fix depth span functions (was causing rendering errors for windows not at (0,0)). - Don't use 32-bit depth buffers since they're not supported by Mesa. - Use subpixel offsets to fix coordinate rounding errors. (#4373, Gareth Hughes).
1086. Updated Rage 128 DRI support from the DRI CVS (Gareth Hughes, VA Linux).
976. Make xf86SoundKbdBell() available to modules (for citron driver) (Marc La France). 975. Fix glide driver's check for glide library presence (Marc La France). 974. Add missing symbol references in r128 and s3virge drivers (Marc La France). 973. Fix int10 debugging and reading in all segments between 0x0C0000 and 0x0F0000 (Marc La France). 972. Fix typo in imake.c (Marc La France). + more warning fixes.
967. Change linux/int10 to intercept signals generated by the vm86() syscall rather than killing the server (Marc La France). 966. Reinstate DG/UX mmap() bug work-around in int10 (Marc La France). 965. Rage128 and Radeon fix for -configure (Marc La France). 964. Fix int10 woes with retrieving PCI BIOSes (Marc La France). 963. Allow modules to intercept signals that would otherwise kill the server (Marc La France). 962. Fix static Xvfb server build (Marc La France). 961. Some warning fixes (Marc La France). 960. Rage128 and Radeon #include changes to reduce recompilations (Marc La France).
917. Fix r128 and radeon driver source code formatting that was munged during ATI merge (Kevin Martin).
867. Change Rage 128 DRM driver name to what the r128 kernel module expects (Kevin Martin). 866. Fix newly merged "ati" driver probe to allow "r128" and "radeon" driver names in the XF86Config file for backwards compatibility (Kevin Martin).
Merge Rage128 and Radeon drivers into the ATI driver.