CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/ativalid.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
Annual copyright update.
Annual copyright update. Happy New Year!
The annual update of my copyright
64. ATIProbe() and atimisc changes: - Port to common layer's domain scheme; - Replace AVOID_CPIO and AVOID_NON_PCI rchitecture-specific #define's with run-time checks and implement new common layer infrastructure to allow this to happen; - Replace endianness compile-time checks with run-time ones; - Deal with certain spurious I/O errors; - No longer consider IOBase when matching adapters to device sections This re-instates support for all ATI adapters on all architectures supported by the common layer (Marc La France). 63. Make sparse I/O masks more portable throughout the server (Marc La France).
Update my copyright. It's gotta be midnight somewhere by now...
2004 update to my copyright.
536. Fix ChipValidMode() return type (Marc La France).
136. Fix bug that prevented fbman from using the last partial scanline of a Mach64 framebuffer (Marc La France). 135. Make ATI Mach64 FIFO cache integrity testing optional (Marc La France). 134. Export ATI Mach64 hardware overlay as an XVideo adaptor (derived from GATOS project, Egbert Eich, Marc La France). 133. Reorganise ATI Mach64 support into separate source files (Marc La France). 132. Refine atimisc's decoding of the panel mode on server entry in an attempt to reduce the effect of atyfb bugs (Marc La France). 131. Make Rage128 and Radeon XVideo available even when 2D acceleration is disabled (Marc La France). 130. There is no longer any need to require hardware cursors during Rage128 and Radeon XVideo displays (Marc La France). 129. Initialise v4l's XVideo adaptors last (Marc La France). 128. Reduce cut&paste effects by adding more helpers to Xv (derived from #5645, Björn Augustsson, Marc La France). 127. Centralise a region comparison primitive into 'mi' and use it instead of local definitions throughout the server (Marc La France). 126. DPMSExtension & XvExtension driver cleanups (Marc La France).
Update my copyright
39. Fix IBM-reported bug that could cause PCI bus lockouts with second generation integrated Mach64 controllers (Marc La France). 38. Rework ATI driver's registration of symbols with the loader (Marc La France). 37. In the ATI driver, add option "CrtDisplay" to force CRT display in a dual display situation (Marc La France). 36. In the ATI driver, rename option "CrtScreen" to "NoPanelDisplay", keeping "CrtScreen" as a private option for compatibility (Marc La France). 35. Document X_NOT_IMPLEMENTED (Marc La France).
Update my copyright notice. Drop OldChipID() for R128's and Radeon's. Miscellaneous ATI driver cleanups.
Update my copyright and email address.
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
102. Fix XAA problems with CPU-to-screen colour expansion (Marc La France). 101. For panel support in the ATI driver, add an entry to the monitor section's mode list for the panel's native resolution (Marc La France).
3811. A rework of Kevin Martin's Mach64 acceleration. Only solid fills for now (Marc La France). 3810. ATI Mobility fixes (Marc La France). 3809. A new clock ordering has been reported for Mach32's. Treated as a different clock chip for now (Marc La France). 3808. Build fixups (Marc La France).
3296. ATI LCD changes to add interlaced mode support and near-final rework of mode validation (Marc La France). 3295. Keep track of a mode's hsync and vrefresh rates used for monitor checks so they can be displayed by xf86PrintModes() (Marc La France). 3294. Add sync polarities to VESA modes (Marc La France).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3272. Mode validation changes (Marc La France). - Remove assumption that modes of the same name are also of the same size. - Even if Display subsection mode names include duplicates, no two names will ever match the same mode. - If the supplied mode names do not yield a usable mode (including the case where no names are supplied), scan the mode pool until a usable mode is found. This is a step towards allowing successful server runs with XF86Config's that specify no mode information whatsoever. - Implement minHeight and maxHeight checks. - Call the driver's ValidMode() for a final OK just before accepting a mode. - Free mode pool on xf86PruneDriverModes() calls. - Documentation updates. - Minor fixes to C&T and GLINT drivers. 3271. ATI driver updates (Marc La France). - Disallow interlaced modes when scanline pitch exceeds hardware limits. - LCD support no longer depends on the mode on server entry. - Fix bug introduced by CHANGELOG entry 3245. - Re-lock adapters on ATIPreInit() failures. - Make default sync polarities consistent.
3188. Turn MGA soft reset stuff back on but modified so that it doesn't poll for fifos in case the PLLs aren't powered up (#3254, Mark Vojkovich). 3187. Xterm patch #115 (#3253, Thomas Dickey). 3186. Comment out some of the CacheBlit tiling code since the logic is not quite correct and it can get stuck in an endless loop in some cases (#3250, Mark Vojkovich). 3185. Fix tseng 24 bpp mode (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3184. Fix et4000W32p font corruption with ColorExpandScanline in modes > 8bpp (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3183. Add Solaris 8 support (#3241, 3247, David Holland). 3182. Fix some build problems in the Type1 code that show up on Solaris 8 (#3241, David Holland). 3181. Add an ISO8859-1 version of the "micro" font (#3246, Mark Montague). 3180. Minor DDC code improvement: xf86PrintEDID() now returns pointer to monitor structure (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3179. Problem with RAC wrapper (hopefully) fixed (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3178. Neomagic ScreenToScreenCopy bug fix (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3177. Initial INT10 module (Linux-only so far) (#3245, 3248, 3251, Egbert Eich). 3176. Update the DRM Linux kernel module to match that in the Linux 2.3.18 tree, and update libdrm and the DRI routines that use libdrm to reflect changes in the Linux kernel (#3244, Rik Faith). 3175. Fix a WarpPointer bug in Xinerama (#3243, 3252, Mark Vojkovich). 3174. Fix a seg fault when changing DGA mode (#3242, Loic Grenie). 3173. Xterm patch #114 (#3240, Thomas Dickey). 3172. Fix an XAA GC validation problem with Polygons for some fillStyles in some situations (#3239, Mark Vojkovich). 3171. Fix an incorrect method for preallocating a color on the default map (#3237, Mark Vojkovich). 3170. Fix a bad assumption in the XAA NonTE text rendering code (#3236, Mark Vojkovich). 3169. An attempt to autodetect the G400 Max and set the max pixel clock appropriately (#3235, Mark Vojkovich). 3168. Fix shadowfb problems when drawing is done while switched out (#3234, Marc La France). 3167. Attempt to autodetect SDRAM in the MGA driver for the primary head (#3233, Mark Vojkovich). 3166. Make Window->Pixmap copies in Xinerama less broken (#3232, Mark Vojkovich). 3165. Fix a bug in the Xinerama ShmGetImage support added in the last alpha (#3230, Mark Vojkovich). 3164. New cursor warping code. This implements the new way of specifying screen positions in the ServerLayout config file section (#3229, Mark Vojkovich). 3163. Add a xf86CheckMTRR function which returns TRUE when changing the MTRR setting is supported and enabled (#3227, Alan Hourihane). 3162. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with the 3.3.x version (#3226, Marc La France). 3161. Make 8+24 work on Matrox 2064w (Millennium I) with >4MB (#3224, Mark Montague). 3160. Make xdpyinfo -ext XFree86-VidModeExtension print the current mode line (#3223, Andrew Aitchison). 3159. Minor fix to Xnest Imakefile (#3222, Marc La France). 3158. Make the wrapping or replacement of ScreenRec region code function pointers reliable when NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS is #define'd (#3221, Marc La France). 3157. Remove ScreenRec region code function pointers (except BitmapToRegion) when the server is compiled with NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS #undef'ined (#3221, Marc La France). 3156. Fix memory leak during resource broker initialisation (#3220, Marc La France). 3155. During broker initialisation, use both system and non-system PCI resources to "trim" OS resources. Among other things, this allows the maximum memory limit to be bumped back up to 2G (#3220, Marc La France). 3154. Temporarily allow a driver to register resources that only conflict with resources whose size the common layer has only estimated (#3220, Marc La France). 3153. ATI driver updates, including: - Add option to display on the CRT interface whether or not a digital flat panel is detected. - Add support for ShadowFB (adapted from Henrik Harmsen). - Always read BIOS from legacy location for adapters found enabled on server entry. - Ensure the primary CRTC is always used for the CRT interface. - Fix determination of panel dimensions with older BIOS's. - Stop driver when panel dimensions cannot be determined. (#3219, Marc La France). 3152. Thread-related updates to 'ico' (#3217, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3151. Fix a build problem on 64-bit platforms introduced in 3.9.16a (#3216, Matt Grossman).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 184.108.40.206 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
add all the new files and changes 769+821