CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/atistruct.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
Annual copyright update.
Annual copyright update. Happy New Year!
208. atimisc changes: another DSP calculation tweak; work-around for screen-to-screen copy corruption on second-generation integrated controllers; make memory range prints faster (Marc La France).
The annual update of my copyright
69. Change atimisc driver on big-endian systems to allow depth 24 even if a big-endian aperture is not available, by swapping RGB masks (Marc La France).
64. ATIProbe() and atimisc changes: - Port to common layer's domain scheme; - Replace AVOID_CPIO and AVOID_NON_PCI rchitecture-specific #define's with run-time checks and implement new common layer infrastructure to allow this to happen; - Replace endianness compile-time checks with run-time ones; - Deal with certain spurious I/O errors; - No longer consider IOBase when matching adapters to device sections This re-instates support for all ATI adapters on all architectures supported by the common layer (Marc La France). 63. Make sparse I/O masks more portable throughout the server (Marc La France).
Update my copyright. It's gotta be midnight somewhere by now...
251. Fix minor bug in Linux/Alpha's xf86GetPciSizeFromOS() (Marc La France). 250. Cause the Linux port to warn when MAX_PCI_BUSES and/or MAX_PCI_DEVICES need to be increased (Marc La France). 249. Deal with Linux 2.6's PCI bus naming (Marc La France). 248. Resync with Martin Mares's 2004.11.29 pci.ids snapshot and add to it an entry for Sun's Schizo+ (Marc La France). 247. Re-instate DGA support in atimisc driver on UltraSPARC's (Marc La France). 246. Add support for the more recent UltraSPARC implementations to the Linux port (Marc La France). 245. Fix DGA for multi-domain architectures (except perhaps for Linux/Alpha, see comment inserted into axpPci.c). PCI only for now (Marc La France) Note these changes require `make World`.
Change bit-fields to pacify C99.
820. ati & atimisc module changes (Marc La France) - Allow builds with ATIAvoidNonPCI && !ATIAvoidCPIO; - Make handling of unknown Radeon's saner; - Add private option to re-enable BIOS display switches; - Deal with ati & atimisc module version skews; - Fix private option handling;
2004 update to my copyright.
583. Fix atimisc's decoding of the mode on input for large panels (Marc La France).
327. Add Mach64 I2C framework. Derived from GATOS project (Marc La France).
136. Fix bug that prevented fbman from using the last partial scanline of a Mach64 framebuffer (Marc La France). 135. Make ATI Mach64 FIFO cache integrity testing optional (Marc La France). 134. Export ATI Mach64 hardware overlay as an XVideo adaptor (derived from GATOS project, Egbert Eich, Marc La France). 133. Reorganise ATI Mach64 support into separate source files (Marc La France). 132. Refine atimisc's decoding of the panel mode on server entry in an attempt to reduce the effect of atyfb bugs (Marc La France). 131. Make Rage128 and Radeon XVideo available even when 2D acceleration is disabled (Marc La France). 130. There is no longer any need to require hardware cursors during Rage128 and Radeon XVideo displays (Marc La France). 129. Initialise v4l's XVideo adaptors last (Marc La France). 128. Reduce cut&paste effects by adding more helpers to Xv (derived from #5645, Björn Augustsson, Marc La France). 127. Centralise a region comparison primitive into 'mi' and use it instead of local definitions throughout the server (Marc La France). 126. DPMSExtension & XvExtension driver cleanups (Marc La France).
708. Fix for when firmware/BIOS initialisation does not enable the extra command FIFO entries available on second-generation integrated Mach64 variants (Marc La France).
Update my copyright
405. Fix long-standing colour map bug in ATI driver (Marc La France).
107. Rework ati, atimisc, r128 and radeon module versioning (Marc La France). 106. Code clean up for the original Rage LT (Marc La France). 105. An attempt at disabling display switches while the server is running on an LT Pro or Mobility M1 (Marc La France). 104. Make atimisc, r128 and radeon modules register the symbols they reference at module load time, rather than PreInit() (Marc La France). 103. Fix rounding error in Mach64 DSP calculation (Marc La France).
39. Fix IBM-reported bug that could cause PCI bus lockouts with second generation integrated Mach64 controllers (Marc La France). 38. Rework ATI driver's registration of symbols with the loader (Marc La France). 37. In the ATI driver, add option "CrtDisplay" to force CRT display in a dual display situation (Marc La France). 36. In the ATI driver, rename option "CrtScreen" to "NoPanelDisplay", keeping "CrtScreen" as a private option for compatibility (Marc La France). 35. Document X_NOT_IMPLEMENTED (Marc La France).
Prep work for future changes.
Update my copyright notice. Drop OldChipID() for R128's and Radeon's. Miscellaneous ATI driver cleanups.
524. Fix support for ATI Graphics Pro Turbo 1600 adapters (Marc La France).
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
145. Fix typos in radeon and wacom drivers. 144. Don't disable the secondary CRTC on ATI Rage XL adapters (it doesn't exist) (Marc La France). 143. Speed up ix86 block moves in ATI driver (Marc La France). 142. Temporarily disable hardware cursor support for ATI GX & CX adapters (Marc La France). 141. Make composite sync the default in the ATI driver (David S. Miller). 140. Rework stretching of small DFP modes in ATI driver (Marc La France). 139. Add an interesting PCI ID (Marc La France). 138. Allow ChipValidMode() functions to pre-calculate a mode's horizontal sync and vertical refresh rates (Marc La France). 137. Another fix for mode switch and cursor interactions (Marc La France). 136. Temporary fix for endianness problems in ATI driver (Marc La France). 135. Add XGetIMValues() prototype to Xlib.h (Marc La France). 134. Use a more reasonable numbering for recent binutils versions on Linux (Marc La France). 133. Fix dependencies for building drivers in a static server (Marc La France). + build & warning fixes.
29. ATI DGA changes (Patrick Chase and Marc La France): - Add accelerated DGA primitives for Mach64 variants; - Add accelerated DGA transparent blits for Rage128 and Radeon; - Fix setting of DGA_CONCURRENT_ACCESS; - Take XaaNo* options into consideration. 28. Simplify DGAShutdown() (Marc La France). 27. Fix colourmap bug when switching out of a DGA mode (Marc La France). 26. Make it possible, but not required, for a driver to initialise DGA after XAA so that it may factor in any XaaNo* options in determining what DGA drawing primitives to support (Marc La France). 25. Prevent mode switches while DGA modes are set (Marc La France).
303. XvMC build fix (Marc La France). 302. Fix recently introduced bug in xf86cfg (Marc La France). 301. Re-instate warning fixes clobbered by DRI merge (Marc La France). 300. Ignore disabled non-video PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 299. Hardware cursor implementation for Mach64 variants (William Blew, Ani Joshi, Marc La France). 298. Some endianness fixes in the ATI driver (incomplete) (Marc La France). 297. Fix MMIO ordering problems for Mach64 acceleration (Marc La France). 296. Fix ATI driver behaviour when it finds the LCD panel has been disabled on entry (Marc La France). 295. Fix ECP clock for GATOS (Vladimir Dergachev). 294. Undo part of CHANGELOG 36 (Marc La France).
1279. Disable RENDER extension support in the ATI(misc) driver when mibank and/or shadowfb is used (Marc La France). 1278. Remove cfb & friends from the ATI driver (Marc La France). 1277. Some additional ATI PCI IDs (Marc La France). 1276. Make compilation of drivers produce the same object whether or not DPMS and DGA extensions are being built. Partial changes to do the same for RENDER (Marc La France). 1275. Ensure `make depend` goes through the same set of subdirectories as `make all` does. Allows MakefileAdditions to contain depend rule(s) (Marc La France). 1274. Move $(EXTRA_DEFINES) to the end of ALLDEFINES. Ditto for $(CXXEXTRA_DEFINES) and CXXDEFINES. Allows easier overrides at the subdirectory level (Marc La France). 1273. Add a pre-clean phase to `make World` if xc/xmakefile already exists (Marc La France). + update formatted docs + build & warning fixes
Update my copyright and email address.
Switch misc ATI driver to fb, add render extension
523. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Make ATIProbe() and ATIPreInit() optionally more verbose. - Fix compile problem on Alpha's. - Fix Mach64 hardware clipping bug. - Support transparency during Mach64 screen-to-screen copies. - Disable int10 interface in MMIO-only driver version. - Fix determination of MMIO base address for Mach64 GX, CX, CT, ET, VT and GT. - "Wake" up ATI VGA's before probing for them. - Other cosmetic changes.
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
417. Make ATI driver tolerate relocation of conflicting resources (Marc La France). 416. Make Mach64 FIFO handling available to GATOS (Marc La France). 415. Fix bug in Mach64 scissor handling (Marc La France). 414. Implement Mark Vojkovich's suggestions in the ATI driver (LSB ordering of monochrome data and host transfer burst modes) (Marc La France). 413. More fixes to ATI DSP register calculation (Marc La France). 412. ATI DGA support fixes for VGA Wonder capable adapters and the setting of the DGA_CONCURRENT_ACCESS flag (Marc La France). 411. Change imake to generate symbols for the GCC version used to compile it (Marc La France).
327. xdm warning fix (Marc La France). 326. Make x11perf dies gracefully when display cannot be opened (Marc La France). 325. Fix rendition driver compile glitch (Marc La France). 324. #ifdef out glitch in glint driver (Marc La France). 323. Preliminary DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 322. Minor update to DESIGN and Status documents (Marc La France). 321. Fix DGA's reporting of vertical refresh rates to clients (Marc La France). 320. Make driver-provided Sync(), SetViewport() and GetViewport() DGA callbacks optional (Marc La France). 319. Fix XKB compile glitch (Marc La France). 318. Make imstt driver compile (Marc La France).
162. Fix possible SEGV in generic int10 module (Marc La France). 161. Fix *BSD aperture driver to allow for int10 (Bernd Ernesti, Marc La France). 160. Fix vesafb restore problem in ATI driver (Marc La France). 159. Fix a few more compilation glitches (Marc La France).
131. Remove Intel 440BX-specific resources from os-support layer (Marc La France). 130. Change ATI driver to mark VGA resources as unused in operating state when appropriate (Marc La France). 129. Fix bug in the generation of default screen layout (Marc La France). 128. Include all resource attributes when printing them (Marc La France). 127. Fix compiled-in input driver list (Marc La France). 126. Allow driver access to resource manipulation functions (Marc La France). Note: `make Everything` is insufficient to properly compile some of these changes.
95. Add colour expansion acceleration for Mach64's (Kevin Martin, Marc La France). ... compilation fixups.
Fix Xinerama compile glitch. Fix detection of PCI/AGP bridge memory windows. Add detection of Rage128 Mobility to ATI driver. Cache writes to selected Mach64 MMIO registers and allow this cache to be disabled.
32. ATI driver changes: Implement Mach64 engine restriction on virtual resolution; Add DPMS support; More DSP calculation fixes; Fix text mode restoration bug; Fix Mach64 screen blanking; Don't probe for previously claimed VGA compatibles; Fix device section matching for Mach64 controllers made by UMC foundry; Miscellaneous cleanups (Marc La France).
Add Mach64 screen-to-screen copy acceleration.
3811. A rework of Kevin Martin's Mach64 acceleration. Only solid fills for now (Marc La France). 3810. ATI Mobility fixes (Marc La France). 3809. A new clock ordering has been reported for Mach32's. Treated as a different clock chip for now (Marc La France). 3808. Build fixups (Marc La France).
3296. ATI LCD changes to add interlaced mode support and near-final rework of mode validation (Marc La France). 3295. Keep track of a mode's hsync and vrefresh rates used for monitor checks so they can be displayed by xf86PrintModes() (Marc La France). 3294. Add sync polarities to VESA modes (Marc La France).
3286. Remove ATI driver's meddling with LCD power management facilities (Marc La France).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3272. Mode validation changes (Marc La France). - Remove assumption that modes of the same name are also of the same size. - Even if Display subsection mode names include duplicates, no two names will ever match the same mode. - If the supplied mode names do not yield a usable mode (including the case where no names are supplied), scan the mode pool until a usable mode is found. This is a step towards allowing successful server runs with XF86Config's that specify no mode information whatsoever. - Implement minHeight and maxHeight checks. - Call the driver's ValidMode() for a final OK just before accepting a mode. - Free mode pool on xf86PruneDriverModes() calls. - Documentation updates. - Minor fixes to C&T and GLINT drivers. 3271. ATI driver updates (Marc La France). - Disallow interlaced modes when scanline pitch exceeds hardware limits. - LCD support no longer depends on the mode on server entry. - Fix bug introduced by CHANGELOG entry 3245. - Re-lock adapters on ATIPreInit() failures. - Make default sync polarities consistent.
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
3188. Turn MGA soft reset stuff back on but modified so that it doesn't poll for fifos in case the PLLs aren't powered up (#3254, Mark Vojkovich). 3187. Xterm patch #115 (#3253, Thomas Dickey). 3186. Comment out some of the CacheBlit tiling code since the logic is not quite correct and it can get stuck in an endless loop in some cases (#3250, Mark Vojkovich). 3185. Fix tseng 24 bpp mode (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3184. Fix et4000W32p font corruption with ColorExpandScanline in modes > 8bpp (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3183. Add Solaris 8 support (#3241, 3247, David Holland). 3182. Fix some build problems in the Type1 code that show up on Solaris 8 (#3241, David Holland). 3181. Add an ISO8859-1 version of the "micro" font (#3246, Mark Montague). 3180. Minor DDC code improvement: xf86PrintEDID() now returns pointer to monitor structure (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3179. Problem with RAC wrapper (hopefully) fixed (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3178. Neomagic ScreenToScreenCopy bug fix (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3177. Initial INT10 module (Linux-only so far) (#3245, 3248, 3251, Egbert Eich). 3176. Update the DRM Linux kernel module to match that in the Linux 2.3.18 tree, and update libdrm and the DRI routines that use libdrm to reflect changes in the Linux kernel (#3244, Rik Faith). 3175. Fix a WarpPointer bug in Xinerama (#3243, 3252, Mark Vojkovich). 3174. Fix a seg fault when changing DGA mode (#3242, Loic Grenie). 3173. Xterm patch #114 (#3240, Thomas Dickey). 3172. Fix an XAA GC validation problem with Polygons for some fillStyles in some situations (#3239, Mark Vojkovich). 3171. Fix an incorrect method for preallocating a color on the default map (#3237, Mark Vojkovich). 3170. Fix a bad assumption in the XAA NonTE text rendering code (#3236, Mark Vojkovich). 3169. An attempt to autodetect the G400 Max and set the max pixel clock appropriately (#3235, Mark Vojkovich). 3168. Fix shadowfb problems when drawing is done while switched out (#3234, Marc La France). 3167. Attempt to autodetect SDRAM in the MGA driver for the primary head (#3233, Mark Vojkovich). 3166. Make Window->Pixmap copies in Xinerama less broken (#3232, Mark Vojkovich). 3165. Fix a bug in the Xinerama ShmGetImage support added in the last alpha (#3230, Mark Vojkovich). 3164. New cursor warping code. This implements the new way of specifying screen positions in the ServerLayout config file section (#3229, Mark Vojkovich). 3163. Add a xf86CheckMTRR function which returns TRUE when changing the MTRR setting is supported and enabled (#3227, Alan Hourihane). 3162. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with the 3.3.x version (#3226, Marc La France). 3161. Make 8+24 work on Matrox 2064w (Millennium I) with >4MB (#3224, Mark Montague). 3160. Make xdpyinfo -ext XFree86-VidModeExtension print the current mode line (#3223, Andrew Aitchison). 3159. Minor fix to Xnest Imakefile (#3222, Marc La France). 3158. Make the wrapping or replacement of ScreenRec region code function pointers reliable when NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS is #define'd (#3221, Marc La France). 3157. Remove ScreenRec region code function pointers (except BitmapToRegion) when the server is compiled with NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS #undef'ined (#3221, Marc La France). 3156. Fix memory leak during resource broker initialisation (#3220, Marc La France). 3155. During broker initialisation, use both system and non-system PCI resources to "trim" OS resources. Among other things, this allows the maximum memory limit to be bumped back up to 2G (#3220, Marc La France). 3154. Temporarily allow a driver to register resources that only conflict with resources whose size the common layer has only estimated (#3220, Marc La France). 3153. ATI driver updates, including: - Add option to display on the CRT interface whether or not a digital flat panel is detected. - Add support for ShadowFB (adapted from Henrik Harmsen). - Always read BIOS from legacy location for adapters found enabled on server entry. - Ensure the primary CRTC is always used for the CRT interface. - Fix determination of panel dimensions with older BIOS's. - Stop driver when panel dimensions cannot be determined. (#3219, Marc La France). 3152. Thread-related updates to 'ico' (#3217, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3151. Fix a build problem on 64-bit platforms introduced in 3.9.16a (#3216, Matt Grossman).
2970. Modify DDC for neomagic (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2969. Add DDC support for the S3 ViRGE (DDC2 untested) (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2968. Fix DDC2 support for MGA and C&T drivers (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2967. Add a call to xf86SetPciVideo(NULL,NONE) after each probe (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2966. Modified registration of the OS access windows (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2965. Some Xaw and xedit fixes (#3138, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2964. Next round of the font ansification and warning removal (#3135, Matthieu Herrb). 2963. Fix ATI 18800-x detection problem (#3133, Marc La France). 2962. Check for limitations on vertical blending in panel support for the ATI driver (#3133, Marc La France). 2961. Update ATI driver to complain about bad BIOS data (#3133, Marc La France). 2960. Man page corrections for the MGA driver (#3132, Mark Vojkovich). 2959. Limit PCI BIOS apertures to 16MB as per the PCI 2.1 spec (#3131, Marc La France). 2958. Assume a system has up to 1G of physical memory installed, rather than 2G (#3130, Marc La France). 2957. Fix a bug in the handling for buggy VGA CRTCs (#3129, Marc La France). 2956. Fix to build the mga driver with the driver SDK (#3128, David Bateman). 2955. Xterm patch #113 (#3125, Thomas Dickey). 2954. Port the XAA cfb copyplane functions, adding them to the cfb code (#3124, 3126, 3127, David Bateman).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 184.108.40.206 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).