CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/atipreinit.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
51. Change atimisc to not disable the MMIO area at the tail end of the linear aperture if it is found to be enabled on entry. Fixes a hang on Solaris/sparc upon /dev/console or /dev/wscons output while the server is running (Marc La France).
48. Fix ATIPreInit() glitch that caused it to ignore the posiibility that the common layer had relocated a Mach64's PCI block I/O base (Marc La France).
47. Disable Mach64 hardware cursors when the unaccelerated VGA CRTC is used to produce server-generated video modes (Marc La France). 46. Fix Mach64 video memory burst transfers on x86_64 (Marc La France).
Annual copyright update.
Remove references to the GATOS project.
Annual copyright update. Happy New Year!
224. TinyX build fixes, including one for Linux systems that don't provide <sys/io.h>, e.g. libc5 among others (Marc La France). 223. Improve accuracy of atimisc's calculations that are based on a 29.5 MHz reference clock (Marc La France).
The annual update of my copyright
130. Add loader infrastructure to implement inter-module version checks and use it as part of a rework of VBE information blocks (Marc La France).
103. Fix XAA's support for TRIPLE_BITS_24BPP on big-endian systems (Marc La France). 102. Fix unaligned access in XAA's handling of 24bpp (Marc La France). 101. Fix atimisc's support of 24bpp on big-endian systems (Marc La France).
Workaround for IRIX compiler complaint.
69. Change atimisc driver on big-endian systems to allow depth 24 even if a big-endian aperture is not available, by swapping RGB masks (Marc La France).
64. ATIProbe() and atimisc changes: - Port to common layer's domain scheme; - Replace AVOID_CPIO and AVOID_NON_PCI rchitecture-specific #define's with run-time checks and implement new common layer infrastructure to allow this to happen; - Replace endianness compile-time checks with run-time ones; - Deal with certain spurious I/O errors; - No longer consider IOBase when matching adapters to device sections This re-instates support for all ATI adapters on all architectures supported by the common layer (Marc La France). 63. Make sparse I/O masks more portable throughout the server (Marc La France).
312. Fix another buglet in atimisc's decoding of a panel's mode on server entry (Marc La France).
Update my copyright. It's gotta be midnight somewhere by now...
178. Fix atimisc driver for unusually small page sizes (Marc La France).
Fix typo (reported by Raoul Arranz).
134. Set subpixel order to horizontal RGB in atimisc panel support (Adam J. Richter, Marc La France). 133. Fix off-by-one error in the interpration and programming of VGA sync pulses. This has only been done for atimisc, and should also be for vgahw and callers, but the complexity of doing so right now far exceeds my ability to test such a change (Marc La France). 132. Some RENDER cleanup in drivers (Marc La France).
2004 update to my copyright.
698. Warning fixes for gcc 3.3.2 (Marc La France). 697. Fix file descriptor leaks in xdm (Marc La France). 696. Fix memory leaks in libFS (Marc La France). 695. Security fix: change xdm to use mkstemp(), where available, instead of mktemp() (Marc La France).
Fix bug introduced by #583.
583. Fix atimisc's decoding of the mode on input for large panels (Marc La France).
453. Add gcc format checking for the X server's message and logging functions, and fix lots of associated warnings (David Dawes).
393. Change the XFree86 server's global default depth to 16, and change most drivers that support the three common depths (8, 16, 24) to defer to the global default rather than specifying their own (David Dawes). + remove a few ^M characters from via_driver.c + fix redundant declaration warning in riva_driver.c
327. Add Mach64 I2C framework. Derived from GATOS project (Marc La France).
136. Fix bug that prevented fbman from using the last partial scanline of a Mach64 framebuffer (Marc La France). 135. Make ATI Mach64 FIFO cache integrity testing optional (Marc La France). 134. Export ATI Mach64 hardware overlay as an XVideo adaptor (derived from GATOS project, Egbert Eich, Marc La France). 133. Reorganise ATI Mach64 support into separate source files (Marc La France). 132. Refine atimisc's decoding of the panel mode on server entry in an attempt to reduce the effect of atyfb bugs (Marc La France). 131. Make Rage128 and Radeon XVideo available even when 2D acceleration is disabled (Marc La France). 130. There is no longer any need to require hardware cursors during Rage128 and Radeon XVideo displays (Marc La France). 129. Initialise v4l's XVideo adaptors last (Marc La France). 128. Reduce cut&paste effects by adding more helpers to Xv (derived from #5645, Björn Augustsson, Marc La France). 127. Centralise a region comparison primitive into 'mi' and use it instead of local definitions throughout the server (Marc La France). 126. DPMSExtension & XvExtension driver cleanups (Marc La France).
Update my copyright
658. Fix atimisc panel support bug that occurs when the mode on server entry is a VGA mode with large horizontal and/or vertical blanking pulses (Marc La France).
467. Ignore (with messages) any HorizSync and VertRefresh specifications for panels when using ATI LT, LTPro, XL and Mobility M1 (Marc La France). + some version number tweaks.
234. Attempt to prevent PCI scans on non-PCI ix86 systems (Marc La France). 233. Allow master aborts on CardBus buses to complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 232. Fix bug that prevented the server from restoring CardBus data properly (Marc La France). 231. Fix DEVID define and make it more generally available (Marc La France). 230. Fix bug in NetBSD PCI code (Marc La France). 229. Add an option to completely disable PCI scans (Marc La France). + PCI code cleanups
210. RAC-related fixups to ATI drivers and xf86SetOperatingState() call cleanups in most drivers (Marc La France).
39. Fix IBM-reported bug that could cause PCI bus lockouts with second generation integrated Mach64 controllers (Marc La France). 38. Rework ATI driver's registration of symbols with the loader (Marc La France). 37. In the ATI driver, add option "CrtDisplay" to force CRT display in a dual display situation (Marc La France). 36. In the ATI driver, rename option "CrtScreen" to "NoPanelDisplay", keeping "CrtScreen" as a private option for compatibility (Marc La France). 35. Document X_NOT_IMPLEMENTED (Marc La France).
Prep work for future changes.
Resync with 4.2.0
Resync with 220.127.116.11
690. Workaround for hardware bug that prevents older ATI 3D Rage adapters from being assigned to XF86Config device sections (Marc La France).
Update my copyright notice. Drop OldChipID() for R128's and Radeon's. Miscellaneous ATI driver cleanups.
Resync with today's trunk.
Update GATOS message.
GATOS message revision
524. Fix support for ATI Graphics Pro Turbo 1600 adapters (Marc La France).
Another warning fix and route users to GATOS until I get their code merged in.
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
217. Experimental change to default behaviour of ATI panel support to override the horizontal and vertical porches of all modes to that found in the mode on entry (Marc La France). 216. Fix detection of a panel's mode on entry in the ATI driver (Marc La France). 215. Fix for Option "CRTScreen" in ATI driver (Marc La France). + build fixes for recent changes.
Re-instate one of Egbert's changes I should not have backed out.
Re-instate one of Egbert's changes I should not have backed-out
551. More build & warning fixes (Marc La France). 550. Fix bug that caused hardware cursors to be temporarily moved during mode switches (Marc La France). 549. Optimise HARDWARE_CURSOR_AND_SOURCE_WITH_MASK case (Marc La France). 548. Move xf86CursorScreenRec definition into xf86CursorPriv.h (Marc La France). 547. Fix BIOS retrievals in MGA driver (Marc La France). 546. Fix ATIProbe() for newer Rage128 and Radeon chips (Marc La France). 545. Add temporary workaround in ATI driver for interrupts that occur on PowerPC's upon PCI master-aborts (Marc La France).
528. Fixed lbx to handle endian swapping without core dump (Egbert Eich). 527. Fixed MTRR region splitting (Egbert Eich). 526. Cleaned up option handling in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 525. Added options to specify the Video BIOS to use for POSTing a chipset (Egbert Eich). 524. Trident driver: added call to BIOS to enable unstretched mode when display is stretched. This should make the option "CyberShadow" obsolete. (Egbert Eich). 523. Attempt to fix video Support on Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 522. Added VBE DDC support to SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 521. Fixed Silicon Motion to unblank the display when driver fails in PreInit() (Egbert Eich). 520. Cleaned up handling of 'shadow status' in Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 519. Savage driver: fixed lockups for Savage4 when loading colormap, manipulating the HW cursor, doing certain blit operations 518. Cleanded up DDC code in mga driver (Egbert Eich). 517. Fixed KGA handling in i740 driver (Egbert Eich). 516. Converted i740 and Silicon Motion drivers to fb (Egbert Eich). 515. Added calls to vbeFree() or xf86FreeInt10() to C&T, glint, mga, neomagic, nv, s3v, tdfx and trident drivers to clean up shared memory segments (Egbert Eich). 514. Reworked video support in C&T driver, cleaned up block handler (Egbert Eich). 513. C&T driver: introduced a delay when setting the cursor image for the first time after a mode change (Egbert Eich). 512. Fixed R128CCE_RESET in r128 driver to do a reset only when dri is enabled (Egbert Eich). 511. Rewrote readPciBIOS() and getValidBIOSBase() (Egbert Eich). 510. Fixed xf86Info structure in xf86Globals.c to match prototype (Egbert Eich). 509. Allow ':' as delimiter in locale.alias and similar files (Egbert Eich).
Bug fix for missing BIOS case
317. glxinfo needs libGLU (Marc La France). 316. Rage128 fix to Cards database (Marc La France). 315. Minor fix to PCI resource overlap handling (Marc La France). 314. Loader code simplification and IA-64 cache flushes (Marc La France). 313. Workaround in the ATI driver for troublesome interaction between loader and compiler optimisation (Marc La France). 312. Warning fixes for `gcc -fno-builtin`, which appears to be the default on some systems (Marc La France). + more of #301, tags, warnings and build fixes.
303. XvMC build fix (Marc La France). 302. Fix recently introduced bug in xf86cfg (Marc La France). 301. Re-instate warning fixes clobbered by DRI merge (Marc La France). 300. Ignore disabled non-video PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 299. Hardware cursor implementation for Mach64 variants (William Blew, Ani Joshi, Marc La France). 298. Some endianness fixes in the ATI driver (incomplete) (Marc La France). 297. Fix MMIO ordering problems for Mach64 acceleration (Marc La France). 296. Fix ATI driver behaviour when it finds the LCD panel has been disabled on entry (Marc La France). 295. Fix ECP clock for GATOS (Vladimir Dergachev). 294. Undo part of CHANGELOG 36 (Marc La France).
122. Change ATI driver to detect panel dimensions of non-PC systems using an LT or LT Pro (Marc La France).
99. Improve determination of primary adapter (Marc La France). 98. Fix PPC xf86sym.c compile problems (Marc La France). 97. Fix int10 option handling for drivers that cann xf86CollectOptions() before calling int10 (Marc La France). 96. Properly detect unassigned MMIO address in ATI driver (Marc La France). 95. Fix default compilation on Sparc/Solaris (Marc La France). 94. Fix typo in Linux/Arm configuretion (Marc La France). 93. By default, don't build libGLU on libc5 systems (Marc La France).
Update my copyright and email address.
1177. Fix recognition of valid depth/fbbpp combinations in ATI driver (Marc La France). 1176. Fix 1bpp in ATI driver (Marc La France).
1068. Clean up r128_video.c again (Marc La France). 1067. Fix ATI clock generator recognition when an adapter BIOS cannot be retrieved (Linus Torvals). 1066. Fix int10 and ATI driver for video BIOS larger than 64kB (Marc La France). 1065. Change xf86MatchDevice() to initialise its return pointer and clean up drivers accordingly (Marc La France). + the usual gang of build and warning fixes.
817. Fix for missing symbol messages in int10 and cirrus driver (Marc La France). 816. Detect null windows of PCI-to-PCI bridges (Marc La France). 815. Update pciConfigRec's and pciVideoRec's when relocating PCI resources (Marc La France). 814. Fix handling of 64-bit PCI bases (Marc La France).
Forgot this in driver reorg.
751. Fix int10 so that it rejects BIOS's that are not aligned on a 512-byte boundary (Marc La France). 750. Fix int10 for ISA adapters on Alpha's (Egbert Eich). 749. Fix for ATI ISA adapters on Alpha's or with -configure (Marc La France). 748. Fix stupid clock probe bug in ATI driver (Marc La France). 747. Reorganise ATI driver in preparation for futuure changes (Marc La France). 746. Formatting changes to hsync/vrefresh messages (Marc La France). 745. Fix spurious free() when using an ISA adapter (Marc La France).
740. Make ATI driver's detection of Rage 128's more precise (Marc La France).
721. PCI chip ID updates to ATI driver (Marc La France). 720. Fix i810 driver for -probe and -configure (Marc La France). 719. Change message when default modes are deleted (Marc La France). 718. Fix Xinerama byte swapping bug (Marc La France). 717. IA-64 and Alpha fixes for pswrap, Mesa, DRI, Xpm, libX11, Xt, Xaw, Xmu, dps, Type1 fonts, cfb24, most output drivers, ELF loader, ramdac module, xf4bpp and xf86cfg (Marc La France). 716. Improve IA-64 support by removing a plethora of 32-bit'isms (Marc La France). 715. Default HasLinuxDoc to NO (Marc La France). + ident lines and warning fixes.
561. Fix ATI driver bug that prevented the disabling of int10, ddc and vbe through options (Marc La France).
Corrections to previous changes.
535. Engine polling changes in r128 driver (David Mosberger). 534. Fix linear memory mapping in ATI driver (Marc La France). 533. Fix endianness problems in the ATI driver when accessing BIOS images (Marc La France). 532. Allow building Xptr, Xnest and Xvfb with MakeDllModules (Bill Nottingham). 531. Build DRI drivers on IA-64 (David Mosberger, Marc La France). 530. Use $(CC) instead of $(LD) when building modules (Bill Nottingham). 529. When building with MakeDllModules, generate both dynamic and static libraries (Bill Nottingham, Marc La France). + more build fixes and ident lines.
523. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Make ATIProbe() and ATIPreInit() optionally more verbose. - Fix compile problem on Alpha's. - Fix Mach64 hardware clipping bug. - Support transparency during Mach64 screen-to-screen copies. - Disable int10 interface in MMIO-only driver version. - Fix determination of MMIO base address for Mach64 GX, CX, CT, ET, VT and GT. - "Wake" up ATI VGA's before probing for them. - Other cosmetic changes.
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
441. Allow memory mapping during probe phase (Marc La France). 440. Clean up os-support/dgux/dgux_video.c (Marc La France). 439. Fix int10 bug that prevented recognition of video BIOS'es that are part of the system BIOS (Marc La France). 438. MGA driver warning fix (Marc La France). 437. An update to change 425 (Marc La France). 436. More EDID formatting changes (Marc La France). 435. Fix bug that caused the relocation of PCI I/O bases assigned to multiples of 0x0200 (but not 0x0400) by the system BIOS (Marc La France). 434. Add ATI driver to Alpha, and experimentally, to ppc architectures. ppc support is still known to be incomplete (Marc La France). 433. For IA64, compile everything, except PEX, that is also compiled for IA32 (Marc La France).
327. xdm warning fix (Marc La France). 326. Make x11perf dies gracefully when display cannot be opened (Marc La France). 325. Fix rendition driver compile glitch (Marc La France). 324. #ifdef out glitch in glint driver (Marc La France). 323. Preliminary DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 322. Minor update to DESIGN and Status documents (Marc La France). 321. Fix DGA's reporting of vertical refresh rates to clients (Marc La France). 320. Make driver-provided Sync(), SetViewport() and GetViewport() DGA callbacks optional (Marc La France). 319. Fix XKB compile glitch (Marc La France). 318. Make imstt driver compile (Marc La France).
150. Disable debugging messages from XF86-Misc extension (Marc La France). 149. Ensure XAA always respects user options that disable subsets of its primitives (Marc La France). 148. Bug fix in XAA's CPU-to-screen colour expansion (Marc La France). 147. Finish off XAA's CPU-to-screen colour expansion for 24bpp (Marc La France). 146. When matching adapters to XF86Config sections, the ATI driver will now look at the primary adapter before any other non-primary PCI adapters (Marc La France). 145. Ensure Mach64 acceleration is disabled when using the VGA CRTC (Marc La France). 144. Set a Mach64's scaler/overlay clock divider in preparation for a GATOS merge (Marc La France). 143. Make VBE use its own option instead of DDC's (a consequence of re-entrancy) (Marc La France). 142. Make option processing re-entrant in DDC, int10, VBE and XAA modules, and in the common layer (Marc La France).
131. Remove Intel 440BX-specific resources from os-support layer (Marc La France). 130. Change ATI driver to mark VGA resources as unused in operating state when appropriate (Marc La France). 129. Fix bug in the generation of default screen layout (Marc La France). 128. Include all resource attributes when printing them (Marc La France). 127. Fix compiled-in input driver list (Marc La France). 126. Allow driver access to resource manipulation functions (Marc La France). Note: `make Everything` is insufficient to properly compile some of these changes.
Compile fixits Fix, -configure, yet again, for multiscreen with identical adapters. EDID formatting changes. 123. Fix mode setting bug in ATI driver (Marc La France). 122. Add int10, DDC & VBE support to ATI driver (Marc La France). 121. Allow driver to supply DDC module to VBE (Marc La France).
102. Fix XAA problems with CPU-to-screen colour expansion (Marc La France). 101. For panel support in the ATI driver, add an entry to the monitor section's mode list for the panel's native resolution (Marc La France).
98. By default, limit ATI 3DRage LTPro's to 200 MHz, instead of 230 MHz (Marc La France).
95. Add colour expansion acceleration for Mach64's (Kevin Martin, Marc La France). ... compilation fixups.
Fix Xinerama compile glitch. Fix detection of PCI/AGP bridge memory windows. Add detection of Rage128 Mobility to ATI driver. Cache writes to selected Mach64 MMIO registers and allow this cache to be disabled.
34. Fix minClock and maxClock determination in ATI driver (Marc La France).
32. ATI driver changes: Implement Mach64 engine restriction on virtual resolution; Add DPMS support; More DSP calculation fixes; Fix text mode restoration bug; Fix Mach64 screen blanking; Don't probe for previously claimed VGA compatibles; Fix device section matching for Mach64 controllers made by UMC foundry; Miscellaneous cleanups (Marc La France).
Sorry forgot to remove debug info.
Fix ATI panel clock problem with newer GCC's, and other more minor problems.
3903. Remove unnecessary VGA CRTC unlock/relock in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 3902. Fix ATI driver's 8514/A probe delay when one isn't present (Marc La France). 3901. Changes to -configure: ATI driver interface; Move default monitor tolerances to xf86ValidateModes(); Let drivers decide on default depth and mode; Don't "special-case" VGA driver. (Marc La France)
Add code for -configure (in PreInit) to return FALSE. Until drivers are updated to return DDC information. Trident driver is currently the only one that does. I intend to do others next week.
3811. A rework of Kevin Martin's Mach64 acceleration. Only solid fills for now (Marc La France). 3810. ATI Mobility fixes (Marc La France). 3809. A new clock ordering has been reported for Mach32's. Treated as a different clock chip for now (Marc La France). 3808. Build fixups (Marc La France).
3296. ATI LCD changes to add interlaced mode support and near-final rework of mode validation (Marc La France). 3295. Keep track of a mode's hsync and vrefresh rates used for monitor checks so they can be displayed by xf86PrintModes() (Marc La France). 3294. Add sync polarities to VESA modes (Marc La France).
3286. Remove ATI driver's meddling with LCD power management facilities (Marc La France).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3272. Mode validation changes (Marc La France). - Remove assumption that modes of the same name are also of the same size. - Even if Display subsection mode names include duplicates, no two names will ever match the same mode. - If the supplied mode names do not yield a usable mode (including the case where no names are supplied), scan the mode pool until a usable mode is found. This is a step towards allowing successful server runs with XF86Config's that specify no mode information whatsoever. - Implement minHeight and maxHeight checks. - Call the driver's ValidMode() for a final OK just before accepting a mode. - Free mode pool on xf86PruneDriverModes() calls. - Documentation updates. - Minor fixes to C&T and GLINT drivers. 3271. ATI driver updates (Marc La France). - Disallow interlaced modes when scanline pitch exceeds hardware limits. - LCD support no longer depends on the mode on server entry. - Fix bug introduced by CHANGELOG entry 3245. - Re-lock adapters on ATIPreInit() failures. - Make default sync polarities consistent.
3252. Fix problem with cleanup after XAA offscreen pixmap allocation fails (Mark Vojkovich). 3251. Fix missing USE_MMIO define in trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3250. Blade, image and trident updates for the trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3249. A very preliminary "-probe" mode for the X server (David Dawes). 3248. Remove __alpha__ ifdefs from the mga driver by changing the way sparse MMIO access is handled (David Dawes). 3247. Fix a WarpPointer bug introduced when "xineramifying" some dix code (Mark Vojkovich). 3246. Move the BuildObjectFromLibrary rule into Imake.rules.
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
3188. Turn MGA soft reset stuff back on but modified so that it doesn't poll for fifos in case the PLLs aren't powered up (#3254, Mark Vojkovich). 3187. Xterm patch #115 (#3253, Thomas Dickey). 3186. Comment out some of the CacheBlit tiling code since the logic is not quite correct and it can get stuck in an endless loop in some cases (#3250, Mark Vojkovich). 3185. Fix tseng 24 bpp mode (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3184. Fix et4000W32p font corruption with ColorExpandScanline in modes > 8bpp (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3183. Add Solaris 8 support (#3241, 3247, David Holland). 3182. Fix some build problems in the Type1 code that show up on Solaris 8 (#3241, David Holland). 3181. Add an ISO8859-1 version of the "micro" font (#3246, Mark Montague). 3180. Minor DDC code improvement: xf86PrintEDID() now returns pointer to monitor structure (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3179. Problem with RAC wrapper (hopefully) fixed (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3178. Neomagic ScreenToScreenCopy bug fix (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3177. Initial INT10 module (Linux-only so far) (#3245, 3248, 3251, Egbert Eich). 3176. Update the DRM Linux kernel module to match that in the Linux 2.3.18 tree, and update libdrm and the DRI routines that use libdrm to reflect changes in the Linux kernel (#3244, Rik Faith). 3175. Fix a WarpPointer bug in Xinerama (#3243, 3252, Mark Vojkovich). 3174. Fix a seg fault when changing DGA mode (#3242, Loic Grenie). 3173. Xterm patch #114 (#3240, Thomas Dickey). 3172. Fix an XAA GC validation problem with Polygons for some fillStyles in some situations (#3239, Mark Vojkovich). 3171. Fix an incorrect method for preallocating a color on the default map (#3237, Mark Vojkovich). 3170. Fix a bad assumption in the XAA NonTE text rendering code (#3236, Mark Vojkovich). 3169. An attempt to autodetect the G400 Max and set the max pixel clock appropriately (#3235, Mark Vojkovich). 3168. Fix shadowfb problems when drawing is done while switched out (#3234, Marc La France). 3167. Attempt to autodetect SDRAM in the MGA driver for the primary head (#3233, Mark Vojkovich). 3166. Make Window->Pixmap copies in Xinerama less broken (#3232, Mark Vojkovich). 3165. Fix a bug in the Xinerama ShmGetImage support added in the last alpha (#3230, Mark Vojkovich). 3164. New cursor warping code. This implements the new way of specifying screen positions in the ServerLayout config file section (#3229, Mark Vojkovich). 3163. Add a xf86CheckMTRR function which returns TRUE when changing the MTRR setting is supported and enabled (#3227, Alan Hourihane). 3162. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with the 3.3.x version (#3226, Marc La France). 3161. Make 8+24 work on Matrox 2064w (Millennium I) with >4MB (#3224, Mark Montague). 3160. Make xdpyinfo -ext XFree86-VidModeExtension print the current mode line (#3223, Andrew Aitchison). 3159. Minor fix to Xnest Imakefile (#3222, Marc La France). 3158. Make the wrapping or replacement of ScreenRec region code function pointers reliable when NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS is #define'd (#3221, Marc La France). 3157. Remove ScreenRec region code function pointers (except BitmapToRegion) when the server is compiled with NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS #undef'ined (#3221, Marc La France). 3156. Fix memory leak during resource broker initialisation (#3220, Marc La France). 3155. During broker initialisation, use both system and non-system PCI resources to "trim" OS resources. Among other things, this allows the maximum memory limit to be bumped back up to 2G (#3220, Marc La France). 3154. Temporarily allow a driver to register resources that only conflict with resources whose size the common layer has only estimated (#3220, Marc La France). 3153. ATI driver updates, including: - Add option to display on the CRT interface whether or not a digital flat panel is detected. - Add support for ShadowFB (adapted from Henrik Harmsen). - Always read BIOS from legacy location for adapters found enabled on server entry. - Ensure the primary CRTC is always used for the CRT interface. - Fix determination of panel dimensions with older BIOS's. - Stop driver when panel dimensions cannot be determined. (#3219, Marc La France). 3152. Thread-related updates to 'ico' (#3217, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3151. Fix a build problem on 64-bit platforms introduced in 3.9.16a (#3216, Matt Grossman).
2970. Modify DDC for neomagic (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2969. Add DDC support for the S3 ViRGE (DDC2 untested) (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2968. Fix DDC2 support for MGA and C&T drivers (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2967. Add a call to xf86SetPciVideo(NULL,NONE) after each probe (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2966. Modified registration of the OS access windows (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2965. Some Xaw and xedit fixes (#3138, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2964. Next round of the font ansification and warning removal (#3135, Matthieu Herrb). 2963. Fix ATI 18800-x detection problem (#3133, Marc La France). 2962. Check for limitations on vertical blending in panel support for the ATI driver (#3133, Marc La France). 2961. Update ATI driver to complain about bad BIOS data (#3133, Marc La France). 2960. Man page corrections for the MGA driver (#3132, Mark Vojkovich). 2959. Limit PCI BIOS apertures to 16MB as per the PCI 2.1 spec (#3131, Marc La France). 2958. Assume a system has up to 1G of physical memory installed, rather than 2G (#3130, Marc La France). 2957. Fix a bug in the handling for buggy VGA CRTCs (#3129, Marc La France). 2956. Fix to build the mga driver with the driver SDK (#3128, David Bateman). 2955. Xterm patch #113 (#3125, Thomas Dickey). 2954. Port the XAA cfb copyplane functions, adding them to the cfb code (#3124, 3126, 3127, David Bateman).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 18.104.22.168 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).