CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/atidac.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
25. Make some of ATIProbe()'s verbose messages less misleading (Marc La France). 24. Fix reversed memset() arguments in atimisc LUT handling (David Krause).
Annual copyright update.
Annual copyright update. Happy New Year!
The annual update of my copyright
64. ATIProbe() and atimisc changes: - Port to common layer's domain scheme; - Replace AVOID_CPIO and AVOID_NON_PCI rchitecture-specific #define's with run-time checks and implement new common layer infrastructure to allow this to happen; - Replace endianness compile-time checks with run-time ones; - Deal with certain spurious I/O errors; - No longer consider IOBase when matching adapters to device sections This re-instates support for all ATI adapters on all architectures supported by the common layer (Marc La France). 63. Make sparse I/O masks more portable throughout the server (Marc La France).
Update my copyright. It's gotta be midnight somewhere by now...
2004 update to my copyright.
953. Fix atimisc bug in restoring colourmaps after a VT switch (Marc La France).
Update my copyright
405. Fix long-standing colour map bug in ATI driver (Marc La France).
Update my copyright notice. Drop OldChipID() for R128's and Radeon's. Miscellaneous ATI driver cleanups.
168. Fix 16bpp colour maps on Mach64's (Marc La France). 167. Fix Mach64 DPMS bug (Marc La France). 166. Fix bug that prevented hardware cursors on Mach64 CT's (Marc La France). 165. Document what a ChipAdjustFrame() function should to to prevent moving of hardware cursors during mode switches (Marc La France). 164. -Wimplicit warning cleanup [`make World` >required<] (Marc La France). 163. Ensure installed headers can find the headers they, in turn, #include (Marc La France). 162. Make imake pass its -W* flags to cpp (Marc La France). 161. More accomodations for newer GCC's (Mike A. Harris).
1256. Fix 1bpp colour map in vgaHW (Marc La France). 1255. More IA64 loader fixes and make xf86sym.c compile again (Michael Madore, Marc La France). 1254. Add missing symbols in vesa driver (Marc La France). (+ warning fixes)
Update my copyright and email address.
1177. Fix recognition of valid depth/fbbpp combinations in ATI driver (Marc La France). 1176. Fix 1bpp in ATI driver (Marc La France).
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
327. xdm warning fix (Marc La France). 326. Make x11perf dies gracefully when display cannot be opened (Marc La France). 325. Fix rendition driver compile glitch (Marc La France). 324. #ifdef out glitch in glint driver (Marc La France). 323. Preliminary DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 322. Minor update to DESIGN and Status documents (Marc La France). 321. Fix DGA's reporting of vertical refresh rates to clients (Marc La France). 320. Make driver-provided Sync(), SetViewport() and GetViewport() DGA callbacks optional (Marc La France). 319. Fix XKB compile glitch (Marc La France). 318. Make imstt driver compile (Marc La France).
32. ATI driver changes: Implement Mach64 engine restriction on virtual resolution; Add DPMS support; More DSP calculation fixes; Fix text mode restoration bug; Fix Mach64 screen blanking; Don't probe for previously claimed VGA compatibles; Fix device section matching for Mach64 controllers made by UMC foundry; Miscellaneous cleanups (Marc La France).
3811. A rework of Kevin Martin's Mach64 acceleration. Only solid fills for now (Marc La France). 3810. ATI Mobility fixes (Marc La France). 3809. A new clock ordering has been reported for Mach32's. Treated as a different clock chip for now (Marc La France). 3808. Build fixups (Marc La France).
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
2902. Xterm patch #112 (#3031, Thomas Dickey). 2901. Change the colormap layer's LoadPalette function to take a Visual as an argument rather than just the Visual class (#3030, Mark Vojkovich). 2900. Add some code to auto-detect Japanese PC98 systems (#3029, Takaaki Nomura). 2899. Fix a casting problem in DefineSelf() that shows up on FreeBSD/alpha (#3028, Doug Rabson). 2898. Fix a problem with the GMX2000 DRI support (Jens Owen).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 220.127.116.11 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
add all the new files and changes 769+821