CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86xv.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
810. Fix compile issue in imstt driver (#6140, Rene Rebe) 809. Only reset primary head of a Radeon (#6133, Rene Rebe). 808. Fix big-endian typo in xf86CopyYUV12ToPacked (#6131, Rene Rebe).
573. Rework REGION_* macros to eliminate NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS build failures (Marc La France). NOTE: This might cause build failures in darwin, xwin, sunLynx and kdrive DDXen.
Add/update copyright and license notices.
156. Fix precision problems in xf86XVClipVideoHelper and in Mach64 XVideo support (Marc La France).
136. Fix bug that prevented fbman from using the last partial scanline of a Mach64 framebuffer (Marc La France). 135. Make ATI Mach64 FIFO cache integrity testing optional (Marc La France). 134. Export ATI Mach64 hardware overlay as an XVideo adaptor (derived from GATOS project, Egbert Eich, Marc La France). 133. Reorganise ATI Mach64 support into separate source files (Marc La France). 132. Refine atimisc's decoding of the panel mode on server entry in an attempt to reduce the effect of atyfb bugs (Marc La France). 131. Make Rage128 and Radeon XVideo available even when 2D acceleration is disabled (Marc La France). 130. There is no longer any need to require hardware cursors during Rage128 and Radeon XVideo displays (Marc La France). 129. Initialise v4l's XVideo adaptors last (Marc La France). 128. Reduce cut&paste effects by adding more helpers to Xv (derived from #5645, Björn Augustsson, Marc La France). 127. Centralise a region comparison primitive into 'mi' and use it instead of local definitions throughout the server (Marc La France). 126. DPMSExtension & XvExtension driver cleanups (Marc La France).
xf86xv.c was allocating 8 bytes in every window but not using it
Remove unnecessary hack.
221. Add a workaround for FreeBSD to make programs (like mkfontdir) that are run as part of the build use the shared libraries from the build rather than those that may be installed on the system (David Dawes). - Fix some things related to the new fontenc code, enable binary compatibility with the older interfaces by default, change the font ABI revision to 0.3 and the Xfont shared library version to 1.4. - Some build/warning fixes. - Remove unused xf86Switch.c.
Add xf86XVFillKeyHelper and xf86XVClipVideoHelper to the common layer.
480. V4L documentation fix (Marc La France). 479. Fix bug in generic hardware cursor RealizeCursor entry (Marc La France). + Minor Xv rework, warning & cosmetic changes
Fix small logic difference in Xv code.
491. fixed handling of backwards compatibility in xvmode (Egbert Eich). 490. fixed changing mouse protocol with xf86misc extensions (Egbert Eich). 489. added code to sanitize uninitialized PCI config space base addresses (Egbert Eich). 488. Changed xf86xv.c to call StopVideo(exit=TRUE) even if StopVideo(exit=FALSE) has already been sent (Egbert Eich). 487. fixed core dump in C&T video driver when vt switching Changed C&T video driver to only register a block handler when StopVideo() is called with exit = TRUE (Egbert Eich). 486. Fixed Cirrus driver not segfault when termineated while switched away (Egbert Eich). 485. Neomagic driver: select sw cursor when screen stretching is enabled (Egbert Eich). 484. Neomagic driver: fixed problem with screen to screen copy on 2200 chipsets (Egbert Eich). 483. Neomagic driver: fixed 'white screen problem' by implementing a signal save delay routine (Egbert Eich). 482. r128 driver: Fixed colormap set problem when server is switched away (Egbert Eich). 481. r128 driver Added reinitialization of accel engine after vt switch. 480. fixed a fg/bg color problem in SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 479. attempt to address some problems with Cyber LCD chipsets in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 478. tseng driver: Implemented correct MMIO handling (Egbert Eich). 477. tseng driver: made accel driver multi screen capable (Egbert Eich). 476. fixed vgaHW driver to use forground color for readability test of pallette registers. This prevents annoying flashing screen on server start (Egbert Eich). 475. added module/font/rgb path parameters to xf86cfg (Egbert Eich).
Add functions for allocating and freeing XVAdaptorRecs to keep drivers from having to know the size of the structure
Fix Xv DDX so calling XvStopVideo stops overlaid stills/images.
Send clients some extra expose events when using YUV overlay windows. This solves the "pause" problem in some multimedia players where the image needs to be reput when the window is moved (wouldn't need to if the data was actually in the window like it is with XShmPutImage).
Fix off by one clipping error in the Xv DDX.
Xv clipping refinement.
I forgot that SwitchMode is an optional function.
Fix some clipping bugs in Xv.
Reorder the way generic Xv adaptors are registered.
ReputImage function for Xv to prevent flickering on hardware that can't color key.
3534. Fix for various compilation glitches (Marc La France).
Fix a problem with zero-length encodings
New Xv common layer.
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
3150. Add support to the parser for a new way of specifying the screen positions (not made use of yet) (David Dawes). 3149. Remove a spurious #endif in linux.cf (#3215, Jarno Paananen). 3148. Add driver option VIDEO_OVERLAID_STILLS for the Xv DDX (untested) (#3214, Mark Vojkovich). 3147. Comment out the MGASoftReset() call in the mga driver to fix a multi-head problem (#3213, Mark Vojkovich). 3146. xman updates, including some app-defaults file tuning, change some widget names for better consistency, reformat the help file and update the man page (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos).. 3145. Add support for DG/ux systems to xload (#3212, Takis Psarogiannakopoulos). 3144. App-defaults file updates for xcalc (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3143. Fix some prototypes/casts in viewres (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3142. Add an XtSetLanguageProc() call to all contrib programs except xman (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3141. Fix a zero-height bug in the xaa text code (#3211, Mark Vojkovich). 3142. Add an XtSetLanguageProc() call to all contrib programs except xman Mark Vojkovich). 3141. Fix a zero-height bug in the xaa text code (#3211, Mark Vojkovich). 3140. ScreenToScreenColorExpansion bug fix for the G400 (#3210, Mark Vojkovich). 3139. Xineramify ShmGetImage (#3209, Mark Vojkovich). 3138. Rewrite PanoramiXGetImage so that it passes xtest (#3209, Mark Vojkovich). 3137. Increase IMAGE_BUFSIZE to 64k (#3208, Mark Vojkovich).
2677. Modify mkfontdir to handle duplicate encodings in a reasonable way when generating the encodings.dir file (#2812, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2676. Xaw and xedit updates (see lib/Xaw/Changelog for details) (#2811, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2675. Fix xinerama problems with clipmasks and stipple/tile offsets in GCs used on the root window (#2810, Mark Vojkovich). 2674. Fix problems uploading to the pixmap cache in 8+32 mode when ImageWrites aren't available (#2809, Mark Vojkovich). 2673. Ansify the Xv client library (#2808, Mark Vojkovich). 2672. Add a XvQueryPortAttributes request to the Xv API/protocol and driver interface, with an example in the v4l driver, and update the documentation (#2808, Mark Vojkovich). 2671. Fix some compiler warnings in the oldX and ICE libraries (#2807, Matt Grossman). 2670. Fix a problem with the Type1 font handling that was introduced when the CID support was added (#2805, Ivan Bach). 2669. Wacom driver update, including a fix for initialization problems with Wacom IV devices, and improved Wacom V device support (Lens cursor support) (#2803, Frederic Lepied). 2668. Fix for some 8+32 xinerama problems (#2802, Mark Vojkovich). 2667. Xkb fixes for PC98 (#2800, Akio Morita).
fix a malloc problem
Some PCI updates and some x*alloc casting cleanups
#2269-2291, for 3.9Np
main branch patches from #1957-1971
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
Patches for 3.9Na