CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86str.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
111. Various PCI-related changes (Marc La France): - Don't ignore any BARs or ROM pointer a PCI-to-PCI bridge might have. - Don't ignore any BAR a PCI-to-CardBus bridge might have. - Destructively size PCI bases when the approriate decode enable is not set. - By default, destructively size PCI bases whose modifiable bits are all zero. Optionally also do the same in the all-ones case (dangerous). Both behavious are controlled by the XF86Config Server section "EstimateSizesAggressively" option. - When destructively sizing ROMs, do not set the decode enable bit. - Do not destructively size a base more than once. - Do not ask the OS for a base's size if the base was destructively sized. - When retrieving base sizes from the OS, filter out those that are not a power of 2, or are less than 4. - For SunOS and OpenBSD on SPARCs, add a means of extracting base sizes from PROM information. As this information is incomplete, additional changes were needed to handle devices with a mix of estimated and non-estimated resources. - Fix page alignment issues in the mapping of PCI configuration spaces for SunOS and OpenBSD on SPARCs. - Rework the scanpci utility to print type 2 PCI headers, resource size information, and, optionally, a hexadecimal dump of PCI configuration space.
69. Make X server argv strings constant (David Dawes).
242. Loader updates: - Improve the stack trace information. - Improve the handling of instance-specific req/ref symbols. - Use stronger typing for the module-visible instance-specific module descriptor. - No longer disable xf86UnloadSubModule(), since the loader now handles unloads and re-loads cleanly. - Update all modules to make use of the above, and fix some bugs that this exposed. - Some loader message cleanups. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
229. XFree86 loader enhancments: - Per-module export symbol lists. - Improved symbol hash. - A mechanism for specifying the scope of symbols. - Keep track of relocations, and undo them when they become unresolved on module unload, and recalculate them when they change on module load. - Check relocations on each module load/unload, ensuring that function references that are unresolved at any time are always mapped to the catch-all function preventing calls into nowhere. - Efficient handling of invariant relocations. - Cleanup/update the memleak stack trace code, and print a stack trace when an unresolved function is called or when XFree86 aborts. - Update the catch-all function to identify the unresolved function. - Read the XFree86 executable's symbol table in order to get the most useful stack traces, and use dladdr(), where available, for shared library references. - Cleanup and unify debug messages for the loader components. - Allow for module-instance-specific referenced and required symbols lists, so that a module's requirements can be removed when it is unloaded. - Update the ati driver to make use of some of the new loader functionality. - General loader cleanups, including removing some redundancies. - Don't build the coff loader on platforms that it doesn't support. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
9. Modify the handling of preferred EDID modes to allow user-specified modes that are larger than the preferred mode (David Dawes).
341. Separate monitor parameter initialisation out from mode validation, and ensure that monitor parameters are initialised before the vbe module sets up its mode pool (David Dawes).
336. Modify most driver ValidMode() functions to return more specific status values than "MODE_BAD" when they don't like a mode (David Dawes).
333. Log when modes are excluded due to not meeting TargetRefresh or PreferredMode options, and improve the handling of these cases (David Dawes).
IRIX build cleanups
283. First phase of dynamic configuration (David Dawes, S. Lussos, Michael Dawes, J. D. Darling, X-Oz Technologies).
257. Automatic configuration updates, including: - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple configuration sources to be combined. - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple ServerFlags, Files, and Module sections. - Allow the automatically-generated configuration to be appended to a partial static configuration. - Use a more complete set of the probed EDID information in determining the monitor parameters. - Add a "preferred" mode type, which can be obtained from the probed EDID information or from the configuration. - Some parser interface cleanups. (David Dawes, X-Oz Technologies).
256. Extend the parser/config support to allow multiple Monitor sections to be referenced from a Screen section (David Dawes). CVS----------------------------------------------------------------------
232. Rationalise driver interface for DGA's OpenFramebuffer(); fix siliconmotion driver's entry for it; bump driver ABI version (not strictly necessary as this is only a source API change) (Marc La France).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
536. Fix ChipValidMode() return type (Marc La France).
505. Declare LoadPalette, SetOverscan and DPMSSet as public functions through the XFree86's ScrnInfoRec, so these functions can be wrapped. (Alan Hourihane).
437. Move the X server log file handling from the XFree86 DDX to the DIX, allowing the more descriptive logging to be used throughout the server, and the log messages to be more uniform in formatting (David Dawes).
396. Add a facility for assigning version numbers to builtin XFree86 server interfaces and allowing modules to query them. Assign versions for the os-mouse and os-kbd interfaces (David Dawes).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
35. Allow an arbitary message to be sent to the DDX by pressing a key which has the appropriate action definition (#5519, Joe Moss).
34. Add a new request to the XF86Misc extension that allows a client to send an arbitrary message to the DDX, which in turn can send the message to the driver. The driver may also send a string back. An example of this is implemented for the radeon driver (#5518, Joe Moss).
536. Attempt to fix bitblt problems when doing offscreen pixmaps in i810 (Egbert Eich). 535. Change Build rule so that x86 assembler code for MESA can be completely disabled on i386 (Egbert Eich). 534. Added IEEE Optimization for x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 533. Initialized fullscreen in DRIscreenPrivate to a vaild value (Egbert Eich). 532. Fixed module loader to map memory in the low 32bit address space on x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 531. Shifted Keypad delete: added KP_Separator for de_DE and de_CH keyboard. 530. Added sanity checks to various scripts (Egbert Eich). 529. Fixed Trident RGB16 video playback mode (Alastair Robinsion). 528. i810 only set OVRACT register when TVout isn't enabled (Sebastien BASTARD, Matthew J. Sottek, Egbert Eich). 527. Record changes of BusMaster state so that pciDisable/Enable/Mem/Io don't override these (Egbert Eich). 526. Fixed RAC code: when no resources are shared chips may still need RAC for bus access if both require non overlapping parts of the VGA resources (Egbert Eich). 525. Fix for resource registration of C&T and Tdfx driver (Egbert Eich). 524. Prevent core dumps in Xutf8Reset/Lookup code of Xlib (Masaru Yokoi). 523. Added support for BE systems for C&T driver (Michael Stephen Hanni). 522. Added support for special keys found on many ACPI control, Easy Access Keyboards, Internet keyboards, laptops, notebooks and PDA (via xkb/symbols/inet). Added new key symbols for these keyboards (Stanislav Brabec). 521. Fixed some problems with ininite loops which where introduced with the host bridge specific code (Egbert Eich). 520. AXP domain support (Jeff Wiedemeier). 519. Added -m32 flag to c++ when build on ia32 (Egbert Eich). 518. Support for R_ALPHA_GPRELHIGH und R_ALPHA_GPRELL on Alpha used by gcc 3.2 (Stefan Reinauer). 517. Added rule to be able to use Numlock key on broken IBM keyboards (Stefan Dirsch). 516. Fixed Xlib build rules so it builds a truly static library again (Egbert Eich).
492. Add support for using the XKEYBOARD extension's action handlers for the XFree86 X server hot keys. This provides control over the mapping of theese hot keys (#A.1334, 5454, Joe Moss).
439. Workaround for <linux/input.h> conflict (Marc La France).
Add RandR support to XFree86 DDX
123. Symbol table cleanup, leaving xf86GetPointerScreenFuncs() as the only common/xf86Cursor.c entry available to modules (Marc La France). 122. Fix VidMode-generated mode switches by making them go through (almost) the same code path as keyboard-generated mode switches (Marc La France). 121. Allow AGP apertures to overlap with other BIOS-assigned PCI resources (Marc La France).
99. Fixed i810 crash on vt switch due to call to Sync() while switched away (Andris Pavenis). 98. Fixed MGAG550 HW Cursor (Laure-Amelie Couturie). 97. Added Xv support to neomagic driver (Shigehiro Nomura). 96. Implemented cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 95. Added AMD x86-64 architecture support (Egbert Eich). 94. Fixed memory leaks in xkb code (Egbert Eich). 93. Fixed several memory leaks in the config file parser and initialization routines (Egbert Eich). 92. Added CardBus bridge support (Egbert Eich). 91. Fixed strdup() define in glx (Egbert Eich). 90. Extended xf86misc extension to support changing the mouse device (Egbert Eich). 89. Replaced strdup() in xf86Configure.c with xalloc()/strcpy() to avoid conflicts when using internal malloc (Egbert Eich). 88. Extended memory debugging: Added signal handler to trigger a memory debugger dump on SIGUSR2 when compiled with memleak support (Egbert Eich). 87. Set vtSema to FALSE when suspended by APM to catch calls to 2D accel functions (Egbert Eich). 86. Implemented mouse protocol detection by analyzing data stream (Egbert Eich). 85. Added PnP mouse detection for PS/2, ImPS/2 and older MS serial mice (Egbert Eich). 84. Fixed gamma correction code for Trident 9397 (Alan Hourihane). 83. Fixed C&T driver to avoid initialization of video in non-linear mode (Egbert Eich). 82. Changed C&T driver to allow video even if acceleration is disabled (Egbert Eich). 81. Attempt to implement a more consistent handling of HW cursor in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 80. Fixed MGA driver to make HALlib work with VESA framebuffer modes (Egbert Eich). 79. Reworked Rendition driver (Egbert Eich). 78. S3 Virge driver: added minimal gap between SyncStart and HDisplay to avoid video lockups (Egbert Eich). 77. Fixed memory leaks in S3 Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 76. Modified several drivers to do int10 initialization using the VBE functions instead of calling int10 directly (Egbert Eich). 75. Fixed video support and mode initialization in Silicon Motion driver, removed wait for v-retrace (Egbert Eich). 74. Misc fixes to SiS driver (Thomas Winischhofer). 73. Added support for 1400x1050 screen in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 72. Fixed several video issues for Trident CyberBladeXP chips (Egbert Eich). 71. Added probe for Tseng ISA chips (Egbert Eich). 70. Added 'KGAUniversal' option to generic vga driver which changes handling left overscan to work also on chips with C&T core (ie all C&T and Intel graphics chips) (Egbert Eich). 69. Modified int10 code to map area between V_BIOS and SYS_BIOS instead of copying it. Copying causes problems if legacy devices map MMIO registers there (Egbert Eich). 68. Implemented an extended int10 init function to allow passing flags (Egbert Eich). 67. Implemented optional handling of BIOS video mode scratch area in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 66. Again modified MTRR range splitting (Egbert Eich). 65. Added funtions to VBE to save and restore a video mode (Egbert Eich). 64. Added missing commas to symbols/us_intl (Hans Lunsing). 63. Added Ungherese (qwerty) support (Koblinger Egmont). 62. Added Euro symbol for hungarian kbd layout (Koblinger Egmont).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
Resync with yesterday morning's trunk (not compile-tested yet).
542. Fixed xkb to avoid setting of AccessXTimeout to 0 (Egbert Eich). 541. Added option to sync the logfile after every line written (Egbert Eich). 540. Improved APM handling: - Added disable of Input Handlers. - Added support for undo on failed APM requests. - Set vtSema to false (Egbert Eich). 539. Improved detection of primary device especially for non-PC platforms (Egbert Eich). 538. Silicon Motion driver Fixes: - Removed separate loading of int10 code. - Added reset of graphics engine on EnterVT (Egbert Eich). 537. Set flag ROP_NEEDS_SOURCE for CPUToScreenColorExpand for all S3 Savage chips (Egbert Eich). 536. SiS driver: - Added fix to restore fbdev mode properly on VT switch/exit. - Improved LCD handling on SiS 630. - fixed screen blanking in SiS driver to properly blank LCDs (Egbert Eich). 535. Trident driver: - Fixed screen centering for 640x480 Modes. - Fixed video playback for BladeAi1. - Fixed hotkey internal/external switching for XPm8/16. - Added support for on-the-fly video recentering. - Attempt to fix contrast settings for video (Egbert Eich). 534. Added reset code for PS/2 mice when replug events occurs (required for later Linux 2.4.x kernels) (Egbert Eich). 533. xf86cfg: start AccessX controls even when started from a running server (Egbert Eich).
Change notice to be posted later...
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
346. Changed itn10 module to stub on Sparc (Egbert Eich). 345. Added hyperpen driver (Roland Jansen et. al.). 344. Fixed alignments of x86emu-structures for AXP (Jay Estabrook). 343. Fixed XLoadQueryFont() and XLoadFont() to support locales (required for Euro support) (Markus Kuhn). 342. Modified XtCvtStringToFont() to match any ISO8859 instead of latin1 as fallback. Required for Euro Support (Markus Kuhn). 341. Added acute to compose key list for iso8859-15 (Markus Kuhn). 340. Modified XV Xinerama support to recognize adaptors if screen 0 has no adaptor (Egbert Eich). 339. Modified order of disable devices and LeaveVT() to be symetric to the enter case (Egbert Eich). 338. Modified GetTimeInMillis() to handle non monotonous system clocks (Egbert Eich). 337. Added comment about a Zeos Meridan 850c Notebook to C&T docs (Alan Cox). 336. Added call to vbeFree() to apm driver (Egbert Eich). 335. C&T driver: - fixed sig11 problem for non-69030 chipsets. - fixed DGA to announce acellerated functions only if accelleration is enabled. - added FP_mode flag to C&T driver which allows to override the detected state of the flat panel (Egbert Eich). - fixed driver to act appropriately if the BIOS switches to the external monitor it detects when doing DDC. - Set IOBase correctly for MMIO when detection 65545 PCI. - fixed text screen restauration on 69030 (Egbert Eich). - reinabled correct KGA handling of C&T chips: unblank before the end of scanline. - added support for composite sync. - when FP is active disallow display sizes greater than panel. - added double buffering to video support. - fixed register settings to prevent flickering during video playback. (Egbert Eich). 334. Fixed bug in C&T driver that caused interlaced mode not to work (Claus Hulstrøm). 333. Added full MMIO support for C&T 69030 chips (Gregg H. Burman). 332. Fixed MMIO accel code in Cirrus Alpine driver, got PIO accel code to work (Egbert Eich). 331. Fixed fbdev to obtain 24 bit framebuffer format from the kernel, added more failure messages to fbdev driver (Egbert Eich). 330. Added calls to vbeFree() to rendition, savage, silicon motion, i740 and i810 driver (Egbert Eich). 329. Modified MGA driver for new Sparse allocation sceme (Jay Estabrook). 328. Modified handling of sparse addresses on AXP: The code now no longer maps the entire sparse range. Now the required ranges are mapped relative to a fixed base address (Jay Estabrook). 327. Fixed HW cursor for MGA G100 (Egbert Eich). 326. Fixed MGA drivers to be able to use overlay modes when HAL lib is loaded (Egbert Eich). 325. Disabled accel functions that cause lockups on certain neomagic systems by default. They can be reenabled by setting the option "StrangeLockups" to "no" (Egbert Eich). 324. Did a further fix on ScreenToScreenCopy() for Neomagic 2200 (Egbert Eich). 323. Added experimental support for Toshiba Libretto. This can be enabled by the option "DisplayHeight480" (Egbert Eich). 322. Fixed clipping in Savage driver, update to version 126.96.36.199 (Tim Roberts). 321. fixed calls to BLTSync() on SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 320. Fixed Mono8x8PatternFill(): Moving SETROPFG behind SETROPBG did the trick (Egbert Eich). 319. Setting 24 bpp pximap flags correctly in SiS driver dependening on chipset (Egbert Eich). 318. Setting depth and bpp of framebuffer correctly for suncg14 and sunleo driver (Thorsten Kukuk). 317. Tseng driver not longer ignores results of TsengDoMemLimit() which tests for certain restrictions on the usable framebuffer size (Egbert Eich). 316. Vesa driver: adding calls to vbeFree() before exiting PreInit(). Reinit vbe in ScreenInit() (Egbert Eich). 315. Adding int10 initialization to generic vga driver (Egbert Eich). 314. Modified generic vga driver to use shadow fb for vga16 on AXP. This works around the problem that AXP can address memory only 32bit wide which doesn't work on a latched register planar fb (Egbert Eich). 313. Removing 3.3 code from wacom driver. Makes driver hard to read (Egbert Eich). 312. Removing message output from xf86WcmPlug() which causes -configure to core dump (Egbert Eich). 311. Modified int10 Pci code to be able to use new version of xf86ReadPciBIOS() (Egbert Eich). 310. Modified int10 int1A handler to return valid when an unimplemented int10 call is encountered. This allows fallback to system BIOS (Egbert Eich). 309. Modified xf86ReadPciBIOS() to check for valid i386 PC signature. Added functions xf86GetAvailablePciBIOSTypes() and xf86ReadPciBIOSByType() to obtain available PCI BIOS types and retrieve a certain BIOS by type (Egbert Eich). 308. Reversed bogus patch 1050 of version 4.0.2. The graphics engine will *never* be called after receiving an APM suspend and before receiving an APM resume. If the neomagic locks up on resume this has a different reason (Egbert Eich). 307. Change real/effective user ID to 0/0 before calling modprobe in xf86LoadKernelModule() on Linux so user can also load drm modules. Fixed PATH environment variable to /sbin (Stefan Dirsch, Egbert Eich). 306. Removed disable/enable interrupt code on ia64 as interrupts cannot be controled from user level (Egbert Eich). 305. Further attempt to fix split algorithm for MTRR regions (Egbert Eich). 304. Fixed problem in XAACopyPlaneNtoNColorExpand() that caused bogus memory accesses when src was not in fb memory (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed cfb8_32PaintWindow() to use correct cfb32FillBoxTileOdd function (Egbert Eich). 302. Fix to xdm PAM support (Werner Fink). 301. Fixed cz and cz_querty keyboard layouts, added support for Slovak keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). 300. Fixed core dump in twm if no locales are present (Egbert Eich). 299. Modified xterm app default to use LFD fontnames instead of old type (Michael Schroeder).
559. Savage driver updates, including compiler warning fixes, document the "ShadowStatus" option in the man page, and fix an argument mismatch between ShadowWait and SavageWaitQueue (#4661, Tim Roberts). 558. Update the wacom driver to add a "ScreenNo" option to allow a tablet to be attached to a screen in a multi-head setup, and to add auto- detection of USB line and max parameters of USB tablets (#4640, Frederic Lepied). 557. Add a README file that has information about enabling the extra buttons on the IBM Rapid Access keyboard (#4639, Dennis Bjorklund). 556. Fix some Slovene/Slovak confusion in locale.dir/locale.alias files (#4638, Kamil Toman). 555. New XKB keymaps for cz and sk (#4634, 4637, Kamil Toman). 554. Updates for the iso8859-2 Compose file (#4634, Kamil Toman). 553. Check V_CSYNC in the r128 driver, and fix building with R128_DEBUG enabled (#4631, Michel Dänzer).
This is not a small commit, but besides that, should not cause any problems. It is basically a slightly modified version of the patch I posted a URL yesterday to the devel and config lists. The major changes that this patch adds are the availability of the use of the ModuleInfoRec, but not required, at least for now, so that input modules and "generic" modules have also a way to pass the list of available options to the code that loaded the driver, be it the xserver or xf86cfg; or of course, any other program that links with the correct libraries. The new Options file is expected to very easy to understand, and should be very easy to update. I am considering the possibility of using this file and xf86cfg to update man pages based on the contents of this file; this would assure that xf86cfg is properly running as it would be a "prereq" for the build system (xf86cfg seens to be broken in some compiles due to an uninitialized variable, or because of a problem in the glide driver, that is not in the main trunk, but gone in 4.0.2 and 4.0.3), thanks to Chris Morgan for tolding me about the problems. The only input driver updated to export an option list was the mouse driver. Changes to other input modules were just minor changes to allow xf86cfg loading them. The changes to xf86cfg are to add an interface to view option descriptions, and fixes to two problems pointed by Christopher Morgan (one patch from him). I believe this patch should not cause any problems, but if any side effects are noticed, it can be reverted very easiliy, as it is not intrusive in any other code. I also added a fix to a "boring" 0 character being printed to the log file. I think it was added in a patch I commited at least one month ago.
473. Fix option handling in most drivers so that per-screen options work correctly (David Dawes). plus a few misc fixes
373. Resync with DRI CVS trunk (VA Linux Systems).
1249. Change the os-support layer to only claim a bare minimum of I/O resources rather than a larger estimate (Marc La France). 1248. Loader work: Fix handling of shared GOTs on IA-64 and Alpha's, and of PLT and OPD entries on IA-64; Cleanup debug messages and #if testing (Marc La France). 1247. Extensive int10 rework to address lockups, spontaneous reboots and tight CPU loops on various architectures (Marc La France): - Use intialised BIOS to softboot primary adapters on non-PC's; - Fix endianness problems; - Move stack into its own page to prevent overwritting interrupt vectors; - Prevent (with a message) int10 from interfering with mainboard devices (i.e. RTC, keyboard, speaker, chipset, etc.); - Flesh out int 0x42 emulation on non-PC's; - Emulate BIOS data area on non-PC's; 1246. Add missing symbols in i810 and sis drivers (Marc La France). 1245. Optionally disable, at compile time, loader bug workarounds in ATI driver (Marc La France). 1244. Prevent the Rage 128 and Radeon drivers from initialising an adapter more than once (Marc La France). 1243. Move support for >64kB BIOS'es from int10 into the os-support/bus layer (Marc La France). 1242. When retrieving PCI BIOS'es, only use another PCI base when a previous retrieval attempt fails (Marc La France). 1241. Temporary kludge to not consider any adapter as primary if more than one candidate can be found (Marc La France). 1240. Make deleted mode message less fearsome (Marc La France). 1239. Fix -configure to retrieve the correct set of options for ATI, C&T, Cirrus and NeoMagic adapters (Marc La France). 1238. When removing PCI resource overlaps, always consider resources whose size can be accurately determined, whether active or not (Marc La France).
1178. Workaround for IA-64 loader bug (Marc La France).
811. locale.alias fix for ko_KR.utf8 (#4190, Won-kyu Park). 810. Fix incorrect vtSema usage in neomagic driver DPMS code (#4184, Andrew C Aitchison). 809. Fix a 1-byte overflow in Xtrans.c (#4182, Aaron Campbell). 808. Enable building the loadable server for BSD/OS. 807. Fix the following xkbcomp bugs: - 'base group' keyword added to 'whichGroup' possible values list - 'groupsWrap' keyword removed from 'controls' possible values list - fix crash in processing files with unnamed sections - now keep 'per key group adjustment mode' in XKM file - now allow an empty 'key' description to be specified in an xkb_symbols file. (#4170, Ivan Pascal). 806. Add a "bcast" flag for mode lines, which is needed to display broadcast resolutions (#4169, Michel Danzer). 805. Fix compiler warnings when building the mga driver with or without the Matrox HALlib, add the digital/tv-out/tvstandard/cabletype options, missing files, and some cleanups (#4166, Antti Tapaninen). 804. Fix spelling from xvinfo (#4166, Antti Tapaninen). 803. Add support to twm for displaying multibyte strings on window titles, and make the twm config file reader 8-bit clean (#4165, 4168, 4180, Tomohiro Kubota). 802. Fix a tseng driver problem related to the usable amount of video memory (#4164, Randy McCaskill). 801. Add support for the new Render extension to the nv driver, and turn on fb support by default in the nv driver (#4161, Jarno Paananen). 800. Fix a typo that prevents DPS from being built statically (#4160, Juliusz Chroboczek). 799. Fix some xkbfile bugs in the .xkb files that it writes (two adjacent commas, no xkb_types section in xkb_layout) (#4159, Ivan Pascal). 798. Fix an xkbcomp bug that causes an infinite loop for some error message output (#4158, Ivan Pascal). 797. Fix XlcNONE usage in charset description (#4153, Ivan Pascal). 796. Fix a bug in XKB group adjustment (#4152, Ivan Pascal). 795. Fix some build problems that show up with the SVR4 C compiler (based on #4139, Takaaki Nomura). 794. Add two new XKB group switches (Alt+Shift and Menu key) (#4151, Ivan Pascal). 793. Fix HTML man page links when the man page suffix has more than one character (#4150, Bruno Haible).
701. Fix to xterm InsertChar() to handle cases where cur_col + n ends up past the end of the line (Andreas Schwab). 700. Added keyboard layouts for PowerMac (Olaf Hering). 609. Fixed Macintosh keyboard layouts (Olaf Hering). 608. Fixed build when BuildServer defined NO (Egbert Eich). 607. Fixes for C&T 69030 (David Bateman). 606. Fix for locale setting in Xlib and Xt using getlocale() from glibc5 (Egbert Eich). 605. Added handling of i5/686 and k6 compiler defines to Imake.cf (Philipp Thomas). 604. Added support for non-English locales in xload (Egbert Eich). 603. Fixed memory initialization in Xlib (Vladimir Nadvornik). 602. Fixed memory initialization in xdm (Egbert Eich). 601. Rudimentary S390 support (Ruediger Oertel, Bernhard Kaindl). 600. Enabled support for compressed xpm-files (Stefan Dirsch). 599. Added support for Czech querty keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). Some fixes for ia64 (). 598. Added CPU to Screen Color expansion to Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 597. Added support for hotkey display output switch for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich).
343. Xf86cfg updates (#4010, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 342. Fix threads support in OpenBSD 2.7 and above (#4006, 4009, Carlos A M dos Santos). 341. UCS misc BDF fonts updates, including new oblique/italic versions (6x13O, 8x13O), Korean font covering all Hangul symbols (18x18ko) and many additional autogenerated ISO 8859 fonts to cover with 6x13 and 8x13 all the locale encodings suggested by the Li18nux specification (#4007, Markus Kuhn). 340. Add Linux/Sparc support for the DRI, and a DRI driver for Sun Creator3D hardware (#4004). 339. Fix DRI BusIDString length usage (#4003, David S. Miller). 338. Xterm patch #139 (#4002, Thomas Dickey). 337. Make the use of GlxDefines for libGL independent of BuildXF86DRI (#4001, David S. Miller). 336. Fix i810 build warnings (#4000, Jarno Paananen). 335. Fix an i810 build problem (Keith Whitwell, #4000, Jarno Paananen). 334. Fix a multihead problem with the mga driver (Mark Vojkovich). 333. Add support to the i810 driver for the i815 (Keith Whitwell). 332. Add infrastructure support for cards with multiple CRTCs (screens) per accelerator (PCI entity) (Jeff Hartmann and David Dawes). 331. Fix some Mesa problems (Brian Paul).
193. Accelerated driver for Sun Leo/ZX cards (#3899, Jakub Jelinek). 192. Fully accelerated driver for Sun FFB and AFB chips (#3898, Jakub Jelinek). 191. Generic SBUS and UPA support for XFree86 (#3897, Jakub Jelinek).
162. Fix possible SEGV in generic int10 module (Marc La France). 161. Fix *BSD aperture driver to allow for int10 (Bernd Ernesti, Marc La France). 160. Fix vesafb restore problem in ATI driver (Marc La France). 159. Fix a few more compilation glitches (Marc La France).
misc changes; check CHANGELOG entires 105-120
3903. Remove unnecessary VGA CRTC unlock/relock in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 3902. Fix ATI driver's 8514/A probe delay when one isn't present (Marc La France). 3901. Changes to -configure: ATI driver interface; Move default monitor tolerances to xf86ValidateModes(); Let drivers decide on default depth and mode; Don't "special-case" VGA driver. (Marc La France)
adding notification callbacks for server state change fixing a VT switch bug adding code to handle RAC and asynchronous events
3691. Xterm patch #126 (#3635, Thomas Dickey). 3690. Fix for the Japanese PC-98 with GA-RUSH/6PCI in the apm driver (#3634, Isao Ohishi). 3689. Update man pages and server messages for -xf86config usage, and FatalError when an unsafe path is given by a non-root user (#3633, Mark Montague). 3688. Add support for the Melco WHP-PS8 Permedia2-based card for Japanese PC-98 machines to the glint driver (#3354, Isao Ohishi). update GLcore module fix
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
updates for ISA card detection with -configure.
Lots of updates to the -configure option. Make it multihead aware too. But doesn't write multihead config files yet.
Changes to DriverRec structure to allow passing of Driver options to the -configure option.
more fb speed ups (#3588) Fix a build problem
3554. Fix "controlization" in XLookupString for chars > 127 (#3569, Ivan Pascal). 3553. Take advantage of FB speedups in Tiny-X (#3568, Keith Packard). 3552. Speed up FB and do 32bit accesses instead of 64bit accesses (#3567, Keith Packard). 3551. Eliminate saving the contents of the screen durint VT switching (#3562, Keith Packard). 3550. Make using fb easier for driver writers (#3561, Keith Packard). 3549. Fix TCP font server connections (#3560, Keith Packard). 3548. Implement the "OverclockMem" option for the Millennium and Millennium II (#3558, Andrew Aitchison). 3547. Speed up some FB performance problems (#3557, 3559, 3560, Keith Packard). 3546. Work around a bad code generation bug in gcc 188.8.131.52 that shows up in XAA (#3550, Rik Faith). 3545. Add a -brief option to xclock to show only hours and minutes when in digital mode (#3549, Keith Packard). 3544. Fix some dead key problems with xkb symbols for Swiss French and Swiss German keyboards (#3546, Charles Lopes).
3363. Add proper clock checking for VidMode extension, add SDK fixes for missing files, add SilkenMouse for C&T driver (#3424, David Bateman).
Make the "obsolete" serverlayout format data available to the common layer.
3296. ATI LCD changes to add interlaced mode support and near-final rework of mode validation (Marc La France). 3295. Keep track of a mode's hsync and vrefresh rates used for monitor checks so they can be displayed by xf86PrintModes() (Marc La France). 3294. Add sync polarities to VESA modes (Marc La France).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3272. Mode validation changes (Marc La France). - Remove assumption that modes of the same name are also of the same size. - Even if Display subsection mode names include duplicates, no two names will ever match the same mode. - If the supplied mode names do not yield a usable mode (including the case where no names are supplied), scan the mode pool until a usable mode is found. This is a step towards allowing successful server runs with XF86Config's that specify no mode information whatsoever. - Implement minHeight and maxHeight checks. - Call the driver's ValidMode() for a final OK just before accepting a mode. - Free mode pool on xf86PruneDriverModes() calls. - Documentation updates. - Minor fixes to C&T and GLINT drivers. 3271. ATI driver updates (Marc La France). - Disallow interlaced modes when scanline pitch exceeds hardware limits. - LCD support no longer depends on the mode on server entry. - Fix bug introduced by CHANGELOG entry 3245. - Re-lock adapters on ATIPreInit() failures. - Make default sync polarities consistent.
3257. Out of memory fixes for the mi region code (#3323, 3324, Keith Packard). 3256. "Silken Mouse" support (#3323, Keith Packard).
3252. Fix problem with cleanup after XAA offscreen pixmap allocation fails (Mark Vojkovich). 3251. Fix missing USE_MMIO define in trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3250. Blade, image and trident updates for the trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3249. A very preliminary "-probe" mode for the X server (David Dawes). 3248. Remove __alpha__ ifdefs from the mga driver by changing the way sparse MMIO access is handled (David Dawes). 3247. Fix a WarpPointer bug introduced when "xineramifying" some dix code (Mark Vojkovich). 3246. Move the BuildObjectFromLibrary rule into Imake.rules.
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
3150. Add support to the parser for a new way of specifying the screen positions (not made use of yet) (David Dawes). 3149. Remove a spurious #endif in linux.cf (#3215, Jarno Paananen). 3148. Add driver option VIDEO_OVERLAID_STILLS for the Xv DDX (untested) (#3214, Mark Vojkovich). 3147. Comment out the MGASoftReset() call in the mga driver to fix a multi-head problem (#3213, Mark Vojkovich). 3146. xman updates, including some app-defaults file tuning, change some widget names for better consistency, reformat the help file and update the man page (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos).. 3145. Add support for DG/ux systems to xload (#3212, Takis Psarogiannakopoulos). 3144. App-defaults file updates for xcalc (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3143. Fix some prototypes/casts in viewres (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3142. Add an XtSetLanguageProc() call to all contrib programs except xman (#3212, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3141. Fix a zero-height bug in the xaa text code (#3211, Mark Vojkovich). 3142. Add an XtSetLanguageProc() call to all contrib programs except xman Mark Vojkovich). 3141. Fix a zero-height bug in the xaa text code (#3211, Mark Vojkovich). 3140. ScreenToScreenColorExpansion bug fix for the G400 (#3210, Mark Vojkovich). 3139. Xineramify ShmGetImage (#3209, Mark Vojkovich). 3138. Rewrite PanoramiXGetImage so that it passes xtest (#3209, Mark Vojkovich). 3137. Increase IMAGE_BUFSIZE to 64k (#3208, Mark Vojkovich).
Remove the "old input" code
2978. Fix a typo in the MGA arc code that broke some arcs (#3149, Mark Vojkovich). 2977. Fix a problem with cfb allocating too much space on the stack when clipping rects (#3148, Mark Vojkovich). 2976. Add missing sync when uploading into the XAA pixmap cache (#3147, Mark Vojkovich). 2975. Change XDGAFlush() to XDGASync() (#3146, Mark Vojkovich). 2974. Add transparent DGA blits to the MGA driver, and enable the OverclockMem option for the G400 (#3145, Mark Vojkovich). 2973. Update the common cursor code to keep virtual desktop panning from interfering with screen rotation (#3144, Mark Vojkovich). 2972. Dynapro driver update: initialise the incoming packet state machine, and add a "SwapXY" option (#3142, David Woodhouse). 2971. Fix a loader problem that shows up on Alpha/ELF platforms when there is a .sbss section (#3141, Hannes Reinecke).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2904. Add a visualClass to the XDGAMode request and a XDGACreateColormap request to DGA 2.0 so Colormaps can be created for XDGADevices without needing a corresponding visual (#3032, Mark Vojkovich). 2903. Update the mmap versions of xf86ReadBIOS() to use a map size that fits the requested BIOS offset and length rather than using a fixed map size (David Dawes).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 184.108.40.206 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
2816. Add some imake rules to allow easy compilation of .c files to assembler. 2815. Use SpecialCObjectRule() in favour of SpecialObjectRule(). 2814. Fix lots of 64-bit problems in XAA (#2967, Mark Vojkovich). 2813. Add a new DGA request to allow switching the DGA pixmap from one the size of the framebuffer to one the size of the viewport that you can move around (#2966, Mark Vojkovich). 2812. Make sure that all Xinerama heads have the same root window depth, and don't advertise backing store or save unders as being available unless it's available on all heads (#2965, Mark Vojkovich). 2811. Some Xaw and xedit updates (#2964, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2810. Some DRI updates (#2962, Rik Faith). 2809. Fix a double-free problem in the mouse driver (#2959, Egbert Eich). 2808. Add some debugging code to xalloc.c to detect and allow trapping of double xfree() calls (#2954, Egbert Eich). 2807. Add Single GLINT MX support for Direct Rendering, which now allows ELSA Gloria XXL to take part in this (#2592, 2955, 2957, 2958, Alan Hourihane and #2960, Rik Faith). 2806. Add ScanlineCPU function to the glint driver for PM2 when pci retries aren't used (#2952, Alan Hourihane). 2805. Use mediumraw keyboard mode for LinuxPPC (#2946, Gerd Knorr). 2806. Xterm patch #110 (#2943, Thomas Dickey). 2803. Add CyberBlade/i7 (Socket 7), CyberBlade/i7 DSTN (Laptop Socket 7) and CyberBlade/i1 (Slot 1) support to the trident driver (#2940, Alan Hourihane). 2802. Some new PCI ids for Cyberblades and Via MVP4 (#2939, Alan Hourihane). 2801. Replace `__volatile__' in xf86drm.h with `volatile' (#2938, Takaaki Nomura). 2800. Fix a problem with the umask not being reset in some cases in the xtrans code (#2936, Bill Nottingham). 2799. Improve the latency associated with writing to the PCI config space, which is important for RAC to work efficiently (Egbert Eich).
2797. Xaw and xedit updates (#2932, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2796. Make the "fifo_conservative" memory settings default for the s3virge accelerator (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2795. Preliminary DGA2 code for the s3virge driver (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2794. Updates to PI's DRI sample implementation, including: - Dynamic loading of the OpenGL client driver is implemented - 3D client death while holding the drawable lock does not cause deadlock - The kernel module works with Linux 2.2.x [x <= 10] and 2.3.y [y <= 8] - A better authentication mechanism has been implemented - XF86Config options for the DRI are supported (#2929, Precision Insight). 2793. Add functions to the FBManager to query the largest size available and to purge all areas that aren't nailed down (#2928, Mark Vojkovich). 2792. Fix some serious performance problems with Xinerama when the number of resource IDs becomes large (#2927, Carsten Haitzler). 2791. Remove the significant RGB bits check from Xinerama visual eliminations (#2926, Mark Vojkovich). 2790. Fix a typo in xmodmap and xstdcmap (#2924, Matthieu Herrb). 2789. Fix the type of the OverclockMem Option in the MGA driver (#2922, Andrew Aitchison). 2788. Fix PCI resource handling problems that were showing up with the glint driver (#2918, Egbert Eich). 2787. Fix a problem building some Makefiles when JoystickSupport is enabled (#2917, Todd Fries). 2786. Fix a typo in the RAC support for the glint driver (#2915, Jens Owen). 2785. Fix a RAC-related build problem on 64-bit machines (#2913, Matt Grossman). 2784. Some afb-related updates (#2911, Sven Luther). 2783. Fix race condition in xinit (Nate Eldredge, Mark Montague).
2756. Fix for DPMS with the new RAC (Itai Nahshon). 2755. RAC updates, including changing the way PCI resource validation works (Egbert Eich). 2754. Update the TGA driver for the new RAC (#2886, Matt Grossman). 2753. Fix a fatal event problem with DGA 2.0 (#2884, Mark Vojkovich). 2752. Fix some macros in xf86str.h that conflict with system headers on some platforms (#2883, 2888, Matt Grossman).
2741. Add some functions to the common layer to allow drivers to register input handling functions, and modify the pm2_video code to make use of this instead of the XInput code (David Dawes). some Xinput updates
fix some build problems first attempt at converting the glint driver to use the new RAC
2727. Increase the MAXSCREENS value from 4 to 16 (Egbert Eich). 2726. Add support for printing out PCI-PCI bridge header information correctly (Egbert Eich). 2725. New RAC (Resource Access Control) code (Egbert Eich). 2723. An attempt at allowing the server to correct the /tmp/.X11-unix directory when it is possible to do so safely (David Dawes).
RAC patch 25
RAC patches 23 and 24
RAC patch 22
2695. Xaw and xedit updates, including enhancements to xedit's ispell interface (see lib/Xaw/Changelog for details) (#2834, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2694. Fix a bug in Xrm.c (#2834, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2693. Change XAA to check for empty clip lists much earlier than before, which is a useful optimisation in Xinerama mode (#2833, Mark Vojkovich). 2692. Fix Xinerama bugs related to the Shape extension (#2832, Mark Vojkovich). 2691. Separate the pitch and virtual X increments (#2829, Marc La France).
RAC patch 17 from Egbert
RAC patch 16 from Egbert
2647. CID updates (third submission) (#2769, Ivan Bach, SGI). 2646. Kludge to allow a server with the glint driver to link without XInput (#2788, Marc La France). 2645. Remove unused dacSpeeds field from the ScrnInfoRec (#2788, Marc La France). 2644. Add an option to the colourmap code to allow a driver's LoadPalette() to be called even when switched out (#2788, Marc La France). 2643. Add more reasons for rejecting a mode (#2788, Marc La France). 2642. Factor in the log verbosity when reporting the verbosity to a driver (#2788, Marc La France). 2641. Allow xf86GetClocks() to be called with NULL ProtectRegs() and BlankScreen() functions (#2788, Marc La France). 2640. When deleting a screen, also free its mode lists and options (#2788, Marc La France). 2639. Allow a driver to determine if -probeonly was specified (#2788, Marc La France). 2638. Fix a large jump in changelog numbering that happened a little while ago (#2788, Marc La France). 2637. Various warning and include fixes (#2788, Marc La France). 2636. Xterm patch #103 (#2786, Thomas Dickey). 2635. SiS driver updates, including fixing the SetMClk option, change solid lines from bresenham to two-point, correct a clippling bug, and change the verbose level of some messages (#2784, 2785, Juanjo Santamarta). 2634. Fix a server loop that can happen when VT switching while a grab is in progress (#2782, Edward Wang).
RAC patch 15 from Egbert
RAC patches 13 and 14 from Egbert
RAC patches 11 and 12 from Egbert
First stage of converting the mouse driver
fix and XKB and encodings.dir bug some preliminary input device unification changes
RAC patches 8 and 9 from Egbert
RAC patches 6 and 7 from Egbert.
Fifth RAC patch from Egbert
remove the legacy keyboard options, and move the vtinit and vtsysreq keywords to the serverflags section.
Add an OPTV_FREQ option value type for easy parsing of frequency values. Unify the various overlay and setmclk options.
Third RAC patch from Egbert
Some more of the new RAC code from Egbert.
first patch for new RAC code from Egbert.
Finish off the 3.9Nv branch
2744. Disable WC for the framebuffer for the Rendition V1K by default, because it appears to be causing lockups (Dejan Ilic). 2743. Some fixes for the Rendition driver (Dejan Ilic). 2742. Add HW cursor using the Bt485 ramdac to the DEC TGA driver (#2687, Matt Grossman). 2741. More of the DGA 2.0 extension. Most of it is there now except for the events (#2686, Mark Vojkovich). 2740. Imlement attributes for Audio (mute, volume) and implement QueryBestSize for the v4l driver (#2685, Gerd Knorr). 2739. Fix hardware cursor code so that it works with the internal 64 bit scanlines used on Alpha platforms (#2679, Matt Grossman). 2738. Export new DGA symbols from the loader (#2678, Alan Hourihane). 2737. Update C&T driver to use independent clocks for FP/dual and CRT modes with HiQV chipsets (#2677, Egbert Eich). 2736. Port of Precision Insight's NeoMagic driver to the new design (#2677, Egbert Eich). 2735. Add a Linux kernel backbone to the Permedia 2 Xv driver (#2661+revisions, Michael Schimek). 2734. Port of the rendition driver to the new design (#2674, Marc Langenbach). 2733. Fix for the parser's printDeviceSection() function (#2673, Joe Moss). 2732. Fix a bug in the handling of ZAxisMapping in the parser (#2672, Nicholas Brealey). 2731. Enable mono 8x8 pattern fills for the SiS driver (#2670, Juanjo Santamarta). 2730. Remove references to ru_SU in locale.alias (#2669, Aleksey Nowodworsky).
#2642-2646 Support for InputDevice config file sections (not used yet) some DGA library cleanups
Mesa build cleanups. Some code that the new RAC will make use of.
Allow the screen numbering to be specified in the config file. Install OS-specific modules in OS-specific subdirectories, and update the loader to search subdirectories. Cleanup a few warnings.
2412. Add VESA default modes, small perl hack to create an initialized data structure from them, and the code to use those modes as default if no other modes with the same name are defined (Dirk Hohndel).
#3549-2552, SetGamma/GetGamma support for the VidMode extension, and some font/loader-related cleanups
patches #2456-2465 and scanpci changes
2408-2413, update depth 24 handling, and enable 24/32bpp for other drivers
updates to the loader/module interface
some PCI-related RAC updates
some experimental RAC/PCI stuff
Some PCI updates and some x*alloc casting cleanups
Remove the KEEP_BPP ifdefs
rework the depth/bpp/pixmap format handling
Allow inactive device entries and Options in the ServerLayout sections
fix some build problems, and add #2326
Initial batch of patches for 3.9No
patches for 3.9Nn
preparing for 3.9Nl
patches for 3.9Ni
fix build problems
main branch patches from #1957-1971
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
preparing for 3.9Nb
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
#1821-1824, and some other bits and pieces
patches 1789 - 1820
Some tweaking of the modified module handling to make it cleaner Update DESIGN for the recent changes
Make the ScrnInfoRec.privates field persistent
loader updates and rework of how drivers load modules
#1753,1754,1757,1759-1761,1767-1771 + Tseng updates and fix for CRTC blanking.
more XAA updates, move fb manager
Use SetupProc instead of the module MAGIC stuff
XAA updates from Mark GLINT updates from Alan
Updates for different pixmap/fb bpp
Update the DPMS and DGA support in the common layer
Some more resyncing with metro stuff already on the main branch
Marc's recent patches, and a few other minor things.
Lots of build cleanups and updates Static server support More loader updates
Updates to the option handling
Some (experimental) option handling code
Most recent set of changes from Marc, including the mibank code.
more updates, and some work on the design document
resync parser with Metro's recent patches and add some missing processing of the parser output
working unaccel mga driver
getting close to a working non-accel mga driver
Progress continues ...
a little more ...
A little more work on modifying the mga driver -- still lots to go.
Some more general updates, and a start on getting an unaccelerated MGA driver working with the new design.
Some more work on vgahw and the generic vga driver.
config and parser updates, plus a few updates to the vga driver
Some config/options stuff
most of the config handling is in place
second cut of my xf86Config.c changes, should be complete
first cut at my xf86Config.c changes, so that David can take a look
Add some things to the parser, and fix a SEGV
mode-related changes and merge
new parser and first attempts to use it
more mode validation related code
Some more compile fixes + fix/add some helper functions
my changes to get vgahw to build
This fixes a lot of the include/build problems.
Fix some build problems
This should really finish of the DGA-related stuff for now
mostly finish the dga and dpms changes
xf86Cursor.c and DGA changes
Mostly changes for a more portable (but untested so far) method of saving the framebuffer contents at VT switch.
moving things around to split the vga256/vga directory
the state of things so far
Changes so far
file xf86str.h was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.