CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86VidMode.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
Add/update copyright and license notices.
230. Added eariy failure and warning message when not sufficient memory available for DRI in i8xx driver (Egbert Eich). 229. Fix bug in original patch which added support for two new relocation types for IA64 (Bugzilla #195, John Dennis). 228. Fix scaling calculus in savage driver (Bugzilla #274, Emmanuel). 227. Clearifying if conditions, fixing memory leaks in error path, removing useless code in savage driver (Bugzilla #278+279, Emmanuel). 226. Adding message to R128 driver which informs about modified modes for LCD according to VBIOS (Bugzilla #23, Egbert Eich). 225. Fixed chipset ID for v2100/v2200 for overrides (Egbert Eich). 224. Added interlaced support for Voodoo 3,4,5 to TDFX driver (Bugzilla #383, Jakub Bogusz). 223. Fixed typo in getPciBiosTypes() (Bugzilla #382, Jakub Bogusz). 222. Restore previous mode if mode switch fails (Bugzilla #381, Jakub Bogusz). 221. Fixed typo that prevented lubB19 fonts with different maps from being generated (Bugzilla #380, Jakub Bogusz). 220. Sync entrypoints for OS/2 with recent changes in fontconfig and Xft (Bugzilla #374, Frank Giessler). 219. Added detection of 2Mb memory for CLGD7548, fixed a possible memory leak and did minor cleanups (Bugzilla #369, Lucas Correia Villa Real). (PLEASE TEST!)
42. Fix memory leaks in ProcXF86VidModeModModeLine and ProcXF86VidModeValidateModeLine, and unintialized fields of the mode structure in ProcXF86VidModeAddModeLine, VidModeCreateMode, and VidModeAddModeline (#5671, Miguel Freitas).
793. Force extension-generated mode switches always occur (Marc La France). 792. Fix OS/2 library build problem (Frank Giessler).
123. Symbol table cleanup, leaving xf86GetPointerScreenFuncs() as the only common/xf86Cursor.c entry available to modules (Marc La France). 122. Fix VidMode-generated mode switches by making them go through (almost) the same code path as keyboard-generated mode switches (Marc La France). 121. Allow AGP apertures to overlap with other BIOS-assigned PCI resources (Marc La France).
OK, the gamma ramp stuff is all tested and working now.
Common code for gamma ramp adjustment
194. Fixed several memleaks in PCI bus code (Egbert Eich). 193. Added code to disable SIGIO when entering SETUP state and reenable it when leaving SETUP state (Egbert Eich). 192. Add type of option argument as comment to config file. (xf86cfg might need some fixing) (Egbert Eich). (Hopefully) fixed reordering of chips so primary comes first (Egbert Eich). 191. Fixed bug that caused server to crash when a DGA private colormap was freed as miSprite still had a pointer to this colormap (Egbert Eich).
2022. Don't reference libc wrapper names directly in the newport driver (David Dawes). 2021. Fix the fr_CH xkb Macintosh symbols file (#4345, Olaf Hering). 2020. Revert the Estonian_Estonia.1257 change in patch #4297 because windows-1257 is a closer match to iso8859-13 than iso8859-15. Also add entries for the et_EE.ISO8859-1 locale (while not perfect for Estonian, it is commonly used) (#4344, Ville Hallik). 2019. Change name of long Unicode keysyms from 6 to 8 hex digits, which matches conventional usage better (#4343, Ivan Pascal). 2018. Make XF86VidModeSetViewPort() actually set the viewport to the X and Y coordinates specified as opposed to always setting it to (0,0) (#4342, Joe Moss). 2017. Work around some build problems on SVR4.0 (#4341, Satoshi Kimura). 2016. Compose characters for the Macedonian UTF-8 locale (#4338, Damjan Georgievski).
3363. Add proper clock checking for VidMode extension, add SDK fixes for missing files, add SilkenMouse for C&T driver (#3424, David Bateman).
3010. Fix for the option handling in the glide driver (#3181, Henrik Harmsen). 3009. NVIDIA doc update (#3179, Jarno Paananen). 3008. Doc update for the C&T driver (#3176, David Bateman). 3007. Update some of the bindist files (#3175, Michael Rohleder). 3006. Fix a libXfont build problem that shows up on IUS (#3175, Michael Rohleder). 3005. Xaw and xedit updates (#3174, 3180, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3004. Add a new DebuggableLibraries imake parameter to allow libraries to be built with debugging symbols, and enable this by default for Linux (#3173, Bruno Haible). 3003. Some Driver SDK build fixes (#3172, David Bateman). 3002. Modify the MGA driver to fall back to DDC1 if DDC2 fails or is disabled (#3171, Andrew Aitchison). 3001. Allow the -allowMouseOpenFail X server command line option to be recognised independently of the XFree86-Misc extension (#3170, Joe Moss). 3000. Update NetBSD's and OpenBSD's aperture driver to remove a warning from xf86ReadBIOS() during xf86Config.c's PC98 detection on non-PC98 systems (#3169, Marc La France). 2999. Disable setting the default gamma from the DDC data (#3168, Andrew Aitchison). 2998. Update the microtouch input driver for "NEW_INPUT", and re-enable building it (#3178, David Woodhouse). 2997. Back out the change in 3.9.15c that includes "non-system" resources in the RAC "system" resources list (#3167, Marc La France). 2996. Update the RELNOTES for DDC (#3165, Andrew Aitchison). 2995. Fix a problem with xf86ReadBIOS() on NetBSD/OpenBSD (#3164, Marc La France). 2994. Add an XLC_LOCALE file for zh_TW.Big5 (#3163, Pablo Saratxaga). 2993. Add dummy Compose files for encodings that don't already have them (#3163, Pablo Saratxaga). 2992. APM driver updates. The Rush extension is now included in the driver (some files missing, so not enabled yet) (#3162, 3159, Loic Grenie). 2991. Some fixes for the VidMode extension (#3161, Loic Grenie). 2990. Update SuperProbe to recognise the APM AT3D chipset (#3160, Loic Grenie). 2989. Some fixes for the nv driver (#3158, Jarno Paananen). 2988. Fix a typo in ObjectFromAsmSource() in xf86.rules (#3157, Matthieu Herrb). 2987. Add some NVIDIA cards to the Cards file (#3155, Jarno Paananen). 2986. A quick hack to cut down on XAA pixmap cache thrashing that happens with some particular apps (#3154, Mark Vojkovich). 2985. Update the tabtcvn file to include the full tcvn-5712 encoding, not only lowercase characters (#3153, Pablo Saratxaga).
2913. Fix a bug in the InstallGenManPageLong() rule in lynx.cf (#3043, Thomas Mueller). 2912. Fix a problem with the library spec in xgc/Imakefile (#3042, Thomas Mueller). 2911. Add native 69030 support to the C&T driver (#3041, David Bateman). 2910. Update release notes for the apm driver (#3040, Loic Grenie). 2909. Fix a small bug in the color expands in the TGA driver (#3039, Matt Grossman). 2908. Updates for the Japanese (PC98) docs (#3038, Takaaki Nomura). 2907. Some Xaw and xedit updates (#3037, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2906. Fix a problem with the VidMode extension (#3036, David Bateman). 2905. Sample config file for Japanese PC98 architecture (#3035, Takaaki Nomura). and some doc updates
2727. Increase the MAXSCREENS value from 4 to 16 (Egbert Eich). 2726. Add support for printing out PCI-PCI bridge header information correctly (Egbert Eich). 2725. New RAC (Resource Access Control) code (Egbert Eich). 2723. An attempt at allowing the server to correct the /tmp/.X11-unix directory when it is possible to do so safely (David Dawes).
RAC patch 25
RAC patches 23 and 24
RAC patches 20 and 21 from Egbert
#3549-2552, SetGamma/GetGamma support for the VidMode extension, and some font/loader-related cleanups
some build/runtime fixes