CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Module.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
121. Consolidate compatilibity definitions for OpenBSD/sparc and bump video ABI version due to yesterday's SBUS ABI changes (Marc La France).
87. Some -DDEBUG build cleanups (Marc La France).
242. Loader updates: - Improve the stack trace information. - Improve the handling of instance-specific req/ref symbols. - Use stronger typing for the module-visible instance-specific module descriptor. - No longer disable xf86UnloadSubModule(), since the loader now handles unloads and re-loads cleanly. - Update all modules to make use of the above, and fix some bugs that this exposed. - Some loader message cleanups. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
229. XFree86 loader enhancments: - Per-module export symbol lists. - Improved symbol hash. - A mechanism for specifying the scope of symbols. - Keep track of relocations, and undo them when they become unresolved on module unload, and recalculate them when they change on module load. - Check relocations on each module load/unload, ensuring that function references that are unresolved at any time are always mapped to the catch-all function preventing calls into nowhere. - Efficient handling of invariant relocations. - Cleanup/update the memleak stack trace code, and print a stack trace when an unresolved function is called or when XFree86 aborts. - Update the catch-all function to identify the unresolved function. - Read the XFree86 executable's symbol table in order to get the most useful stack traces, and use dladdr(), where available, for shared library references. - Cleanup and unify debug messages for the loader components. - Allow for module-instance-specific referenced and required symbols lists, so that a module's requirements can be removed when it is unloaded. - Update the ati driver to make use of some of the new loader functionality. - General loader cleanups, including removing some redundancies. - Don't build the coff loader on platforms that it doesn't support. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
217. A rework of the way extension support is built into servers to allow for servers with different sets of extensions in the same build. This starts with an idea introduced in David Dawes's TinyX work, and extends it to also apply to the Xprt, Xnest, Xvfb, Xdmx and Xsun* servers. The changes include: - Add, as a comment, a definition for what makes an extension pervasive. - TOGCUP is not a pervasive extension, but XSYNC, BIGREQS and XRES are. - Consolidate #define's for the Xv, XvMC and XRES extensions. - Flip, in favour of the majority case, MITSHM's default decision WRT whether or not a framebuffer stores pixmap data in the server's virtual address space. MI is now independent of MITSHM and MITSHM is no longer a pervasive extension. - Add a DIX helper to determine whether Xinerama is active and use it instead of #ifdef'ed code in all loadable modules. Re-implement, as a screen wrapper, Xinerama's PaintWindow*() hacks. Move down to DIX Xinerama's only MI hook. Both MI and loadable module objects are now independent of Xinerama. - Add more XCSECURITY-related DIX helpers. Loadable module objects that provide their own extensions (e.g. apm) are now independent of the core binary's support for XCSECURITY. - Extend DBE to allow for front and back buffer revalidations (to be used in future changes to restore the only existing example of DBE hardware acceleration after converting the sunffb driver to fb, XAA & Render). This is the change that chronologically started all this. - Separate Xv and XvMC extensions more cleanly. - Move Xserver/*/tiny directories under Xserver/hw/tinyx. - Fix !PrintOnlyServer builds. - Clean up Xserver/Imakefile. - Remove remaining traces of Xdec* servers. - Fix parallel make bug in Xserver/Imakefile caused by unintentional symbol re-use. - Accomodate XWin more cleanly by not "skipping" over Xserver/hw. - Remove all extension stub code (no longer needed). `make World` is required to correctly build these changes. In fact, I recommend staring from a fresh checkout. These changes are bundled as one commit due to module versioning considerations. (Marc La France)
130. Add loader infrastructure to implement inter-module version checks and use it as part of a rework of VBE information blocks (Marc La France).
Put extension init definitions in one place.
277. Make sure that all module ABI revs are bumped for Xllalloc and friends (David Dawes).
232. Rationalise driver interface for DGA's OpenFramebuffer(); fix siliconmotion driver's entry for it; bump driver ABI version (not strictly necessary as this is only a source API change) (Marc La France).
184. Reinstate the original mkfontdir program, since mkfontscale does not handle creating encodings.dir files as well as it should (David Dawes). 183. Export AllocateFontPrivateIndex (David Dawes, suggested by Rick De Laet). 182. Fix segv in cfb (David Dawes, reported by Dave Williss, Bugzilla #1453).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
Add/update copyright and license notices.
bump the video driver version. The movement of miRegionEqual for the Xv update work requires this.
Make sure the minor version of all loader ABIs have been bumped since 4.2.0.
588. Add a new interface for registration of core font renderers that allows priorities to be assigned. This allows multiple renderers for the same extension to be registered, with the one with the highest priority being the one that gets used (#5435, 5437, Juliusz Chroboczek).
214. Add functions to allow modules to query the core X server version and the version of its sub modules (David Dawes). (we probably should have added these a long time ago)
Bump the video driver ABI minor version (new functions added).
221. Add a workaround for FreeBSD to make programs (like mkfontdir) that are run as part of the build use the shared libraries from the build rather than those that may be installed on the system (David Dawes). - Fix some things related to the new fontenc code, enable binary compatibility with the older interfaces by default, change the font ABI revision to 0.3 and the Xfont shared library version to 1.4. - Some build/warning fixes. - Remove unused xf86Switch.c.
214. Patch for the Thai glyphs in Mark Leisher's ClearlyU font (#4846, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan). 213. Add a font encoding file for tis620-2 (#4845, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan). 212. Add a font encoding file for ISO8859-16 (#4844, Markus Kuhn). 211. Make the input method framework in Xlib work better in an UTF-8 locale (#4843, Yao Zhang and Bruno Haible). 210. Default *sampleText*international to false in xfontsel's app-defaults file, since it breaks if the user has '*international: true' (#4842, Juliusz Chroboczek). 209. A new version of the fontenc layer. A major difference is that it reads from a "system" encodings directory <ProjectRoot>/lib/fonts/encodings/encodings.dir, which is searched after any encodings.dir file in the font's directory. The font ABI version is bumped to 1.0 since the interface isn't binary-compatible by default (#4839, Juliusz Chroboczek).
Add xf86LoaderRef* wrappers for LoaderRef*.
274. Bump the video and input driver ABI minor numbers. 273. Add xf86SetRealOption() (Huver).
928. Fix an SVR4 loader build problem introduced in 4.0.1d (#4234, Takaaki Nomura). 927. Fix a bug in fontenc that would cause a memory leak whenever an encoding would be declared in encodings.dir but not in the encoding file itself (#4233, Juliusz Chroboczek). 926. Make the freetype backend use the fontenc matrix encoding support, remove support for the defunct XAnti extension, and bump the version of the freetype backend to 1.1.8 (#4233, Juliusz Chroboczek). 925. Add proper support for matrix encodings in fontenc (including the new FIRSTINDEX keyword in encoding files), and bump the version of the font module ABI to 0.2 (#4233, Juliusz Chroboczek). 924. Fix a problem the vesa driver (#4232, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 923. Fix problems building the C&T driver with DEBUG defined (#4231, Taketoshi Sano). 922. Remove lt_LT.ISO8859-1 entry from compose.dir (#4230, Nerijus Baliunas). 921. s3virge driver updates, including: - Stabilize GX2 support, reenable silken mouse - Enable MX fixes - Add support for the render extension - Enable BLT_BUG for ViRGE and VX chipsets (#4229, Kevin Brosius).
527. Fix minor symbol resoltion problem in dlopen() loader (Marc La France). 526. Alpha changes that fell out of RadHat's IA-64 changes (Marc La France). 525. A merge of most of RedHat's IA-64 changes (Keith Fish, Stephane Eranian, Bill Nottingham, Marc La France): - Don't force static server build. - Fix NULL #define'ition for loader server. - Various #if-testing changes.
519. First cut at pushing the AGP GART interface into the os-support layer (David Dawes). 518. Fix SHM support in Xv that was broken in 4.0.1b (David Dawes)
94. Major OS/2 resync (#3859, Holger Veit).
bump the video driver ABI minor version instead of the major version.
73. Change xf86LoadModules() so that it doesn't quit at the first module that fails to load (David Dawes). 72. SIGIO doesn't work on Linux pipes, so diasble it for input devices which are pipes (#3835, Keith Packard). 71. Bring the SDK support up to date (#3834, David Bateman). 70. Fix an Xlib problem that causes an application crash when inputting cyrillic symbols with the koi8-r locale (and other locales with long esc-sequences) (#3833, Ivan Pascal, #A.15, Serguei Poliakov). 69. Fixes for S3 Trio3D/2X: - flickering for some cards (bad FIFO setting from bios). - workaround for 8MB ram (ramdac can access only 4MB). - adjust clock limits which have been too low. (#3832, Harald Koenig). 68. Fix v4l problem with a function being called after the module is unloaded (#3831, email@example.com). 67. Fixes for the PPC icache flushing code (#3830, Kostas Gewrgiou). 66. Fix for /tmp race installing man pages on OpenBSD (#3829, Matthieu Herrb). 65. Fix problems building the Xsun and XsunMono servers on NetBSD-current/sparc (#3828, Matthieu Herrb). 64. Add a comment to site.def about how to move the /etc/X11 contents to a directory under ProjectRoot (#3827, R Horn). 63. Fix an Xaw bug that shows up when usingn c-mode with xedit on Linux (#3824, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 62. Enable devfs support for the v4l driver (based on #3823, Christopher Sekiya). 61. Update for README.FreeBSD (#3822, Kazutaka Yokota). 60. Bump the video driver ABI major version because of interface changes (now 1.0). 59. Disable SilkenMouse when IO/MEM resource sharing means that it cannot be reliably used (#382o, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 58. Fix DGA 1.0 compatibility for mouse events and SetViewport behaviour (#3820, Keith Packard). 57. Fix the Linux APM code so that the X server doesn't hang the machine on suspend (#3820, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 56. Fix problems that break Overlay support in the glint driver (#3818, Michel Dänzer). 55. Possible fix for AvailableOptions function and submodule loading for the cirrus driver (David Dawes).
doc update set all of the ABI versions to 0.1 for the 4.0 release.
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
3601. Add a CheckExtension() function that can be called to check if an extension has been initialised (David Dawes). 3600. Allow extensions to specify which other extensions must be initialised first, and sort the initialisation order according to this information (David Dawes).
3592. Modify the extension loading code so that he core server no longer needs to be aware of all extensions that can be loaded (David Dawes). 3591. Remove XExtensionVersion from XPrint headers (Dirk Hohndel, from 3.3.5).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 22.214.171.124 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
2782. Documentation for the new RAC code (Egbert Eich). 2781. Fix some problems with the glide driver that can result in server crashes if there is a problem when it is starting up (David Dawes). 2780. Install the X server signal handlers before xf86OpenConsole is first called. This makes sure that the VT is returned to text mode if the server crashes in the early stages of InitOutput() (David Dawes). 2779. Fix xf86vsprintf() and xf86vfprintf(). 2778. Support for the different PLL reference clock used for HP's on-board G200s.
updates to the loader/module interface
some loader updates, sis, tga fixes
sis driver updates, and add a -modulepath option
#2394-2406, and some loader updates
preparing for 3.9Nw
Add an UnloadSubModule function to the loader
Main branch patches from 2338-2358, except X-TT. Some loader updates
change module version handling.
update sample config file allow drivers to tell the loader about symbols it references and which are essential.
Patches for 3.9Na
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
file xf86Module.h was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.