CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Mode.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
115. Change a message to indicate whether or not a monitor's sync tolerance(s) is/are derived from DDC information (Marc La France).
9. Modify the handling of preferred EDID modes to allow user-specified modes that are larger than the preferred mode (David Dawes).
343. Separate the addition of EDID modes out from mode validation (David Dawes).
341. Separate monitor parameter initialisation out from mode validation, and ensure that monitor parameters are initialised before the vbe module sets up its mode pool (David Dawes).
336. Modify most driver ValidMode() functions to return more specific status values than "MODE_BAD" when they don't like a mode (David Dawes).
some message and string cleanups
334. Prevent EDID modes from overriding modes explicitly supplied in the Monitor section (David Dawes).
333. Log when modes are excluded due to not meeting TargetRefresh or PreferredMode options, and improve the handling of these cases (David Dawes).
257. Automatic configuration updates, including: - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple configuration sources to be combined. - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple ServerFlags, Files, and Module sections. - Allow the automatically-generated configuration to be appended to a partial static configuration. - Use a more complete set of the probed EDID information in determining the monitor parameters. - Add a "preferred" mode type, which can be obtained from the probed EDID information or from the configuration. - Some parser interface cleanups. (David Dawes, X-Oz Technologies).
211. Add experimental '-novt' and '-nohw' options to the XFree86 server (David Dawes). 210. Restore default mode "zoom" behaviour by not marking multiple default modes of the same name as "userdef", and fix zoom when using an randr-selected root window size (David Dawes).
use vrefresh ranges correctly
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
486. Add "automatic configuration" support for the XFree86 server, allowing it to be started in a useful way without an XF86Config file. - Add support to the config file parser for processing internally supplied configuration data. - Modify the algorithm for finding core input devices to maximise the likelihood that they will be found. - Add a FindDevice function to the OSMouse interface, allowing an OS-specific function to be called to find the mouse device when none is specified in the configuration. Implementations included for Linux and FreeBSD. - Add a GuessProtocol function to the OSMouse interface, allowing an OS-specific function to be called as a fallback when the mouse protocol can't otherwise be detected. Implementation included for Linux. - Bump the OSMouse interface version to 1.1 with the addition of the above two functions. - An interface for calling an external utility "getconfig" to generate some configuration data. Implementation of getconfig included. - Generate a default internal configuration, autodetecting as much as possible, with reasonable fallbacks. - Recognise "DefaultDepth" and "DefaultFbbpp" options in the Device section. - Add a "TargetRefreshRate" option to help prevent modes with too high a resolution (and poor refresh rate) being used as the default. - Use DDC-probed mode timings to estimate the monitor parameters when the DDC-probed information doesn't include a DS_RANGES property. This should improve the reliability of monitor auto-detection. (David Dawes, X-Oz Technologies).
442. VIA driver: Fixed video memory detection. (Bugzilla #525, Alan Cox). Fixed TV and FP initialization problems (Bugzilla #525, Frederic Crozat, Alan Cox). Removed remaining globals (Egbert Eich). 441. Fixed memory leaks in the loader (Bugzilla #682 and #683, Juergen Keil). 440. Fixed erronous freeing of DisplayModeRec in xf86DeleteMode() when deleting the modePool in xf86PruneDriverModes() the 'prev' member has a different meaning for modePool modes than for ScrnInfoPtr->modes modes where it creates a doubly linked list (Bugzilla #678, Juergen Keil). 439. Fixed SDK for VIA driver (Bugzilla #674, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer). 438. Extended list of monitor ranges and modes in xf86cfg (Egbert Eich).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
140. Only add all default modes to mode list when RandR is enabled and active (Egbert Eich).
87. Fix bug in mode validation that occurs when the XF86Config doesn't specify any mode or virtual resolution information (Marc La France).
Fix a couple of minor glitches I noticed while updating DESIGN. Add another chipset to CHANGELOG # 211.
587. Fix 640x480 modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 586. Fix reporting of G400/G450 in MGA driver (Andrew C. Aitchison).
464. Fix mode validatation to deal with video memory sizes 256MB or greater (Marc La France).
Limit additional default modes to precomputed virtual size
419. Make xf86PrintModes() show which modes are hot-key switchable (David Dawes).
Fix hotkey switching for user-specified modes, and fix hotkey switching between all valid modes when no specific modes are specified in the config file.
Add RandR support to XFree86 DDX
148. Major OS/2 support update (#5119, Holger Veit).
Preliminary workaround for misleading messages when there are two "built-in" modes with the same name.
Allow mode validation functions to be called with a NULL clockRanges parameter.
- Fix some misleading messages about why modes aren't available. - Copy the Private and PrivSize fields when looking up modes.
9. Fix SIGSEGV when printing modes that have no modifiers (Marc La France). 8. Revert the ATI driver's composite sync default to off (Marc La France).
When printing modes, mark unnamed ones as such.
The vesa driver has modes without names, so don't try to print the name field when it's NULL.
551. By default, validate all available modes rather than only the largest such mode (Marc La France). This change is already in Domain-branch.
546. Downgrade DDC-related mode rejections to warnings as some monitors advertise their nominal, rather than actual, tolerances (Marc La France).
492. Fix SlowBCopy for MIPS and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 491. Fix XF86Config overrides for I/O base, framebuffer address and video memory size in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 490. Don't interfere with ATI panel support when using DDC information for monitor tolerance defaults (Marc La France).
476. Add a quick check to not use as the default mode any internal modes with horizontal timing parameters that aren't CRT-friendly (David Dawes). 475. Add an 832x624 @ 75Hz mode line to the default mode set (#4960, Andrew C. Aitchison). - export some missing symbols for the xtrap extension module.
Disable using the DDC sync info by default for now.
445. Big5 encoding fix (#4957, Juliusz Chroboczek). 444. Use DDC sync and DPMS info (#4955, Andrew C Aitchison). 443. Update the i810 XVideo support to double the maximum image width to 1440 (#4933, Philip Pokorny). 442. Fix several memory leaks in x11perf (#4931, Ernie Coskrey, from X11R6.6). 441. Bypass startup VT #1 switching hack for FreeBSD/syscons unless running on a pre-3.1 version of FreeBSD (#4926, Huver). 440. Catch bogus flat panel dimensions in the ati/r128 driver (#4907, Michel Dänzer).
145. Fix typos in radeon and wacom drivers. 144. Don't disable the secondary CRTC on ATI Rage XL adapters (it doesn't exist) (Marc La France). 143. Speed up ix86 block moves in ATI driver (Marc La France). 142. Temporarily disable hardware cursor support for ATI GX & CX adapters (Marc La France). 141. Make composite sync the default in the ATI driver (David S. Miller). 140. Rework stretching of small DFP modes in ATI driver (Marc La France). 139. Add an interesting PCI ID (Marc La France). 138. Allow ChipValidMode() functions to pre-calculate a mode's horizontal sync and vertical refresh rates (Marc La France). 137. Another fix for mode switch and cursor interactions (Marc La France). 136. Temporary fix for endianness problems in ATI driver (Marc La France). 135. Add XGetIMValues() prototype to Xlib.h (Marc La France). 134. Use a more reasonable numbering for recent binutils versions on Linux (Marc La France). 133. Fix dependencies for building drivers in a static server (Marc La France). + build & warning fixes.
fix a bug in width checking in localResizeOffscreenLinear + warning fixes
Make it possible to call xf86PrintModes() when there's no sync/refresh data available (like from the vesa driver).
194. Fixed several memleaks in PCI bus code (Egbert Eich). 193. Added code to disable SIGIO when entering SETUP state and reenable it when leaving SETUP state (Egbert Eich). 192. Add type of option argument as comment to config file. (xf86cfg might need some fixing) (Egbert Eich). (Hopefully) fixed reordering of chips so primary comes first (Egbert Eich). 191. Fixed bug that caused server to crash when a DGA private colormap was freed as miSprite still had a pointer to this colormap (Egbert Eich).
1249. Change the os-support layer to only claim a bare minimum of I/O resources rather than a larger estimate (Marc La France). 1248. Loader work: Fix handling of shared GOTs on IA-64 and Alpha's, and of PLT and OPD entries on IA-64; Cleanup debug messages and #if testing (Marc La France). 1247. Extensive int10 rework to address lockups, spontaneous reboots and tight CPU loops on various architectures (Marc La France): - Use intialised BIOS to softboot primary adapters on non-PC's; - Fix endianness problems; - Move stack into its own page to prevent overwritting interrupt vectors; - Prevent (with a message) int10 from interfering with mainboard devices (i.e. RTC, keyboard, speaker, chipset, etc.); - Flesh out int 0x42 emulation on non-PC's; - Emulate BIOS data area on non-PC's; 1246. Add missing symbols in i810 and sis drivers (Marc La France). 1245. Optionally disable, at compile time, loader bug workarounds in ATI driver (Marc La France). 1244. Prevent the Rage 128 and Radeon drivers from initialising an adapter more than once (Marc La France). 1243. Move support for >64kB BIOS'es from int10 into the os-support/bus layer (Marc La France). 1242. When retrieving PCI BIOS'es, only use another PCI base when a previous retrieval attempt fails (Marc La France). 1241. Temporary kludge to not consider any adapter as primary if more than one candidate can be found (Marc La France). 1240. Make deleted mode message less fearsome (Marc La France). 1239. Fix -configure to retrieve the correct set of options for ATI, C&T, Cirrus and NeoMagic adapters (Marc La France). 1238. When removing PCI resource overlaps, always consider resources whose size can be accurately determined, whether active or not (Marc La France).
2014. Changed name of server binary to call by xf86cfg back to "XFree86 (Egbert Eich). 2013. Modified handling of memory alloctaion in TDFX driver (Egbert Eich). 2012. Attempt to fix the 'UseModes' directive in the Monitor section (Egbert Eich). 2011. Added debugging output for BIOS base address search (Egbert Eich). 2010. Changed neomagic driver to treat disable stretching for each mode individually (Egbert Eich). 2009. Removed '-traditional' from cpp rule for makedpend. Required for new glibc header files (Ruediger Oertel). 2007. Fix to make SuperProbe build again on ia64 (Andreas Schwab). 2007. Attempt to fix int10 (Egbert Eich). 2006. Modified blitter busy test to use the MMIO mapped registers on chips > CT69000 (Egbert Eich). 2005. Attempt to improve dga support in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 2004. Moved ppc_flush_icache to compiler.h - hope this fixes build problems (Egert Eich). 2003. changed cirrus driver to us fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 2002. Modularized HALlib for mga driver (Egbert Eich). 2001. Added DGA support to tseng driver (Rainer Keller). 2000. Added "framebuffer" bus type allowing resource control to take place outside of the server (Egbert Eich). 1099. Added turkish keyboard layout (Togan Muftuoglu).
958. Added messages about modes rejected on lookup (Egbert Eich). 957. Attempt to fix DDC1 support on Neomagic (Egbert Eich). 956. Added Block/UnblockSIGIO() to DDC1 readout code (Egbert Eich). 955. Enabled virutal depth for a second head on a G400 multihead (this needs to be looked at) (Egbert Eich). 954. Added code to check if the PictureScreen structure was initialized before referencing it (Egbert Eich). 953. Modified xf86UDelay() to use Block/UnblockSIGIO and usleep() instead of gettimeofday() (Egbert Eich). 952. Modified xf86MatchPciInstances() to allow for chipset overrides even when called with no separate vendorID (Egbert Eich). 951. Changed Xvfb to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 950. Moved a misplaced xfree() in the generic driver. Now more than one chipset can use this driver in a multihead setup (Egbert Eich). 949. Did some fixes for the Trident driver ie. fixed a LCD modeline, reset clipping register on all non 3D chips (Egbert Eich). 948. Added missing parts for AXP support to lnx_video.c (Egbert Eich). 947. Added bsr/bsf to x86emu (Jeff Wiedemeier).
751. Fix int10 so that it rejects BIOS's that are not aligned on a 512-byte boundary (Marc La France). 750. Fix int10 for ISA adapters on Alpha's (Egbert Eich). 749. Fix for ATI ISA adapters on Alpha's or with -configure (Marc La France). 748. Fix stupid clock probe bug in ATI driver (Marc La France). 747. Reorganise ATI driver in preparation for futuure changes (Marc La France). 746. Formatting changes to hsync/vrefresh messages (Marc La France). 745. Fix spurious free() when using an ISA adapter (Marc La France).
721. PCI chip ID updates to ATI driver (Marc La France). 720. Fix i810 driver for -probe and -configure (Marc La France). 719. Change message when default modes are deleted (Marc La France). 718. Fix Xinerama byte swapping bug (Marc La France). 717. IA-64 and Alpha fixes for pswrap, Mesa, DRI, Xpm, libX11, Xt, Xaw, Xmu, dps, Type1 fonts, cfb24, most output drivers, ELF loader, ramdac module, xf4bpp and xf86cfg (Marc La France). 716. Improve IA-64 support by removing a plethora of 32-bit'isms (Marc La France). 715. Default HasLinuxDoc to NO (Marc La France). + ident lines and warning fixes.
343. Xf86cfg updates (#4010, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 342. Fix threads support in OpenBSD 2.7 and above (#4006, 4009, Carlos A M dos Santos). 341. UCS misc BDF fonts updates, including new oblique/italic versions (6x13O, 8x13O), Korean font covering all Hangul symbols (18x18ko) and many additional autogenerated ISO 8859 fonts to cover with 6x13 and 8x13 all the locale encodings suggested by the Li18nux specification (#4007, Markus Kuhn). 340. Add Linux/Sparc support for the DRI, and a DRI driver for Sun Creator3D hardware (#4004). 339. Fix DRI BusIDString length usage (#4003, David S. Miller). 338. Xterm patch #139 (#4002, Thomas Dickey). 337. Make the use of GlxDefines for libGL independent of BuildXF86DRI (#4001, David S. Miller). 336. Fix i810 build warnings (#4000, Jarno Paananen). 335. Fix an i810 build problem (Keith Whitwell, #4000, Jarno Paananen). 334. Fix a multihead problem with the mga driver (Mark Vojkovich). 333. Add support to the i810 driver for the i815 (Keith Whitwell). 332. Add infrastructure support for cards with multiple CRTCs (screens) per accelerator (PCI entity) (Jeff Hartmann and David Dawes). 331. Fix some Mesa problems (Brian Paul).
Apply patch #3895, fix typo for printing hsync frequency.
- some cosmetics
- fixed CyberShadow option in trident driver - added default clocks option to generic driver - fixed laguna driver to get the fb size before mapping it - modified xdm to prevent respawning of obviously broken Xservers - fixed x4bpp for PIXPRIV
34. Fix minClock and maxClock determination in ATI driver (Marc La France).
reduce some of the noise in the server startup messages fix an unresolved reference to VErrorF from the int10 module.
3903. Remove unnecessary VGA CRTC unlock/relock in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 3902. Fix ATI driver's 8514/A probe delay when one isn't present (Marc La France). 3901. Changes to -configure: ATI driver interface; Move default monitor tolerances to xf86ValidateModes(); Let drivers decide on default depth and mode; Don't "special-case" VGA driver. (Marc La France)
3363. Add proper clock checking for VidMode extension, add SDK fixes for missing files, add SilkenMouse for C&T driver (#3424, David Bateman).
3296. ATI LCD changes to add interlaced mode support and near-final rework of mode validation (Marc La France). 3295. Keep track of a mode's hsync and vrefresh rates used for monitor checks so they can be displayed by xf86PrintModes() (Marc La France). 3294. Add sync polarities to VESA modes (Marc La France).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3272. Mode validation changes (Marc La France). - Remove assumption that modes of the same name are also of the same size. - Even if Display subsection mode names include duplicates, no two names will ever match the same mode. - If the supplied mode names do not yield a usable mode (including the case where no names are supplied), scan the mode pool until a usable mode is found. This is a step towards allowing successful server runs with XF86Config's that specify no mode information whatsoever. - Implement minHeight and maxHeight checks. - Call the driver's ValidMode() for a final OK just before accepting a mode. - Free mode pool on xf86PruneDriverModes() calls. - Documentation updates. - Minor fixes to C&T and GLINT drivers. 3271. ATI driver updates (Marc La France). - Disallow interlaced modes when scanline pitch exceeds hardware limits. - LCD support no longer depends on the mode on server entry. - Fix bug introduced by CHANGELOG entry 3245. - Re-lock adapters on ATIPreInit() failures. - Make default sync polarities consistent.
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 22.214.171.124 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
2695. Xaw and xedit updates, including enhancements to xedit's ispell interface (see lib/Xaw/Changelog for details) (#2834, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2694. Fix a bug in Xrm.c (#2834, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2693. Change XAA to check for empty clip lists much earlier than before, which is a useful optimisation in Xinerama mode (#2833, Mark Vojkovich). 2692. Fix Xinerama bugs related to the Shape extension (#2832, Mark Vojkovich). 2691. Separate the pitch and virtual X increments (#2829, Marc La France).
2684. Fix a problems with the new mouse code looping by adding CLOCAL to the standard termios flags for xf86OpenSerial() (#2819, Matthieu Herrb). 2683. New font document (#2818, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2682. Fix the reworked "wsmouse" code for NetBSD (#2815, Matthieu Herrb). 2681. Fix for `resize' on OpenBSD (#2814, Matthieu Herrb). 2680. Add the `s' flag to ArCmd and ArAddCmd for SVR4 so that empty archives can be created (#2813, Nicholas Brealey).
some build fixes fix a mode flag problem
2647. CID updates (third submission) (#2769, Ivan Bach, SGI). 2646. Kludge to allow a server with the glint driver to link without XInput (#2788, Marc La France). 2645. Remove unused dacSpeeds field from the ScrnInfoRec (#2788, Marc La France). 2644. Add an option to the colourmap code to allow a driver's LoadPalette() to be called even when switched out (#2788, Marc La France). 2643. Add more reasons for rejecting a mode (#2788, Marc La France). 2642. Factor in the log verbosity when reporting the verbosity to a driver (#2788, Marc La France). 2641. Allow xf86GetClocks() to be called with NULL ProtectRegs() and BlankScreen() functions (#2788, Marc La France). 2640. When deleting a screen, also free its mode lists and options (#2788, Marc La France). 2639. Allow a driver to determine if -probeonly was specified (#2788, Marc La France). 2638. Fix a large jump in changelog numbering that happened a little while ago (#2788, Marc La France). 2637. Various warning and include fixes (#2788, Marc La France). 2636. Xterm patch #103 (#2786, Thomas Dickey). 2635. SiS driver updates, including fixing the SetMClk option, change solid lines from bresenham to two-point, correct a clippling bug, and change the verbose level of some messages (#2784, 2785, Juanjo Santamarta). 2634. Fix a server loop that can happen when VT switching while a grab is in progress (#2782, Edward Wang).
#2642-2646 Support for InputDevice config file sections (not used yet) some DGA library cleanups
2412. Add VESA default modes, small perl hack to create an initialized data structure from them, and the code to use those modes as default if no other modes with the same name are defined (Dirk Hohndel).
2408-2413, update depth 24 handling, and enable 24/32bpp for other drivers
fix depth 1&4 crash
Some PCI updates and some x*alloc casting cleanups
Initial commit for 3.9Nm
fix some bugs in the builtin mode code
patches for 3.9Ni
updates for 3.9Nf
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
file xf86Mode.c was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.