CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Helper.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
87. Some -DDEBUG build cleanups (Marc La France).
63. Fix a case where X server audit messages do not get printed (David Dawes). 62. Initialise the allocator even earlier in the X server startup, and use it for the logging functions (David Dawes). 61. Parser option handling cleanups/fixes: - Ensure that option data is allocated by the parser, rather than externally allocated or static. - Free replaced option data. - Make xf86ParseOption's handling of multiple options of the same name consistent with all other cases (last occurrence is used). - Fix a bug in the handling of the Keyboard section "xleds" keyword. (David Dawes).
247. The new loader eliminates the need to defer unloading drivers when using autoconfig (David Dawes).
242. Loader updates: - Improve the stack trace information. - Improve the handling of instance-specific req/ref symbols. - Use stronger typing for the module-visible instance-specific module descriptor. - No longer disable xf86UnloadSubModule(), since the loader now handles unloads and re-loads cleanly. - Update all modules to make use of the above, and fix some bugs that this exposed. - Some loader message cleanups. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
229. XFree86 loader enhancments: - Per-module export symbol lists. - Improved symbol hash. - A mechanism for specifying the scope of symbols. - Keep track of relocations, and undo them when they become unresolved on module unload, and recalculate them when they change on module load. - Check relocations on each module load/unload, ensuring that function references that are unresolved at any time are always mapped to the catch-all function preventing calls into nowhere. - Efficient handling of invariant relocations. - Cleanup/update the memleak stack trace code, and print a stack trace when an unresolved function is called or when XFree86 aborts. - Update the catch-all function to identify the unresolved function. - Read the XFree86 executable's symbol table in order to get the most useful stack traces, and use dladdr(), where available, for shared library references. - Cleanup and unify debug messages for the loader components. - Allow for module-instance-specific referenced and required symbols lists, so that a module's requirements can be removed when it is unloaded. - Update the ati driver to make use of some of the new loader functionality. - General loader cleanups, including removing some redundancies. - Don't build the coff loader on platforms that it doesn't support. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
130. Add loader infrastructure to implement inter-module version checks and use it as part of a rework of VBE information blocks (Marc La France).
Fix a minor oversight
100. Insulate various common layer functions against out-of-bounds entity indices (Marc La France). 99. Prevent the sharing of a PCI entity by more than one driver (Marc La France). 98. Change autoconfiguration to include PCI and SBUS BusIDs in generated device sections (Marc La France).
68. Fix long-standing off-by-one bug in the setting of RGB offsets when the driver supplies RGB masks (Marc La France).
some message and string cleanups
310. Fix duplicate free error resulting from mouse os-support (David Dawes).
291. Add basic automatic mouse device node detection for Solaris (David Dawes). 290. Improve autoconfig's handling of a failed driver PreInit() (David Dawes). 289. Ignore sections called ".stab.indexstr" in elfloader, which fixes a problem loading modules built with SunPRO C (as described by Alan Coopersmith).
283. First phase of dynamic configuration (David Dawes, S. Lussos, Michael Dawes, J. D. Darling, X-Oz Technologies).
256. Extend the parser/config support to allow multiple Monitor sections to be referenced from a Screen section (David Dawes). CVS----------------------------------------------------------------------
241. Define the log message verbosity level in one place for cases where it isn't specified explicitly (David Dawes).
fix a typo
113. Automatic configuration updates: - Auto-detect DPMS support based on EDID data. - Fix DPMS enable/disable logic. - Allow multiple probe phases, allowing the driver search to continue after failures at the PreInit stage. - Update static driver list handling to allow automatic configuration to work with static servers. - Add a '-autoconfig' command line option to force automatic configuration mode. (X-Oz Technologies).
Remove unused 64-bit scanline special cases.
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
769. Add a root window property called XFree86_VT that holds the VT number that the XFree86 server is running on (Andrew Aitcheson, suggested by Samuel Thibault). 768. Fix a problem where root window properties registered with xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() are not re-registered after server regeneration (David Dawes, reported by Samuel Thibault).
486. Add "automatic configuration" support for the XFree86 server, allowing it to be started in a useful way without an XF86Config file. - Add support to the config file parser for processing internally supplied configuration data. - Modify the algorithm for finding core input devices to maximise the likelihood that they will be found. - Add a FindDevice function to the OSMouse interface, allowing an OS-specific function to be called to find the mouse device when none is specified in the configuration. Implementations included for Linux and FreeBSD. - Add a GuessProtocol function to the OSMouse interface, allowing an OS-specific function to be called as a fallback when the mouse protocol can't otherwise be detected. Implementation included for Linux. - Bump the OSMouse interface version to 1.1 with the addition of the above two functions. - An interface for calling an external utility "getconfig" to generate some configuration data. Implementation of getconfig included. - Generate a default internal configuration, autodetecting as much as possible, with reasonable fallbacks. - Recognise "DefaultDepth" and "DefaultFbbpp" options in the Device section. - Add a "TargetRefreshRate" option to help prevent modes with too high a resolution (and poor refresh rate) being used as the default. - Use DDC-probed mode timings to estimate the monitor parameters when the DDC-probed information doesn't include a DS_RANGES property. This should improve the reliability of monitor auto-detection. (David Dawes, X-Oz Technologies).
453. Add gcc format checking for the X server's message and logging functions, and fix lots of associated warnings (David Dawes).
437. Move the X server log file handling from the XFree86 DDX to the DIX, allowing the more descriptive logging to be used throughout the server, and the log messages to be more uniform in formatting (David Dawes).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
393. Change the XFree86 server's global default depth to 16, and change most drivers that support the three common depths (8, 16, 24) to defer to the global default rather than specifying their own (David Dawes). + remove a few ^M characters from via_driver.c + fix redundant declaration warning in riva_driver.c
381. Allow a Display subsection with no depth or fbbpp specified to match any depth/fbbpp, and make Display subsections optional, creating one with default parameters when no suitable one can be found (David Dawes).
26. Updates for building on OS/2 (#5650, Frank Giessler).
BOOL -> Bool
862. Add a ServerFlags/ServerLayout option for disabling the RandR extension (David Dawes). + a function xf86DisableRandR() that drivers can call to do the same
Add RandR support to XFree86 DDX
319. Moved LdPreLib define after the vendor/OS specific config files as it may depend on setting done there (Egbert Eich). 318. Several fixes for cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 317. Added code to allow for building of static only libraries with -fPIC for platforms which require it (Egbert Eich). 316. Added '-m32' to gcc flags as default for ia32 builds when gcc version is >= 3.1. This allows building a 32 bit Version of X on 64bit x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 315. Changed direct calls of ld to 'gcc -nostdlib' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 314. Changed calls to as to 'gcc -c -x assembler-with-cpp' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 313. Added '-fno-strict-aliasing' flag to gcc version >= 3.1 (Egbert Eich). Strict requires that one address must not contain pointers to different types - a feature heavily used by X (Egbert Eich). 312. Fixed a core dump problem in libXtt (?) (Egbert Eich). 311. Removed '#pragma pack' from structures that contain function pointers in x86emu. This causes problems on gcc 3.1 for ia64 (Egbert Eich). 310. Added defines for missing X types to saverproto.h (Egbert Eich). 309. Fixed compiler warings generated by gcc >= 3.1 in mesa drivers (Egbert Eich). 308. For platforms that allow both 32 and 64 bit libraries to be executed split Xlib i18n modules path into <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common and <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib64/common. 'lib64' has been defined to be the default path for 64bit shared libraries on these platforms (Egbert Eich). 307. Fixed obvious typo in OMlib (Egbert Eich). 306. Fixed code in cfb that didn't comply with C sequence rules. Modern C compilers tend to be more aggressive on code reordering (Egbert Eich). 305. Changed arguments of NoopDDA() from VarArgs to void. Handling of VarArgs by gcc isn't compatible with the way it was used on certain platforms (Egbert Eich). 304. Added support for 32bit pixmaps for 24bit overlay framebuffers in fb overlay code (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed kdrive to print a meaningful error message instead of just core dump when no matching graphics cards is found (Egbert Eich). 302. fixed portability bug in xwd (Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>) 301. fixed X Server crash, which happended each time a proportional iso10646 font was loaded with xtt backend (Yong Li <email@example.com>) 300. Added some ARM specific fixes to compiler.h (Uli Hecht). 299. Added a virtual 'dummy' driver (Egbert Eich). 298. Fixed core dump when certain access functions are not set in xf86Bus.c (Egbert Eich). 297. Fixed problem where SIGIO could be disabled after a server reset. 296. Added configurable list of devices the xf86Misc extension is allowed to change the mouse device to (Egbert Eich). 295. Changed default mouse type to 'auto' when generating config file with '-configure' (Egbert Eich). 294. Made sure keyboard modifier settings are consistent after exit from DGA when the xkb extension is used (Egbert Eich). 293. Disabled keyboard processing when Xserver is suspended by power management. This allows effective locking of laptops when stolen (Egbert Eich). 292. Added/improved options for lockfile syncing (Egbert Eich). 291. Added support for backup copy of Xserver logfile (Egbert Eich). 290. Fixed GetTimeInMillis() to use deltas instead of absolute time returend by gettimeofday(). This ensures time is monotonic in X (Egbert Eich). 289. Fixed xf86Misc extension to allow modification of Expps2 mice (Egbert Eich). 288. Made code in xf86MiscExt.c more readable (Egbert Eich). 287. Fixed PCI CardBus bridge handling (Egbert Eich). 286. Added code to reenable PCI bus mastering after coming back from a VT switch to radeon driver (Charl P. Botha <http://cpbotha.net/>) (Egbert Eich). 285. Dito for r128 driver (M. Harris). 284. Dito for glint and mga driver (Egbert Eich). 283. Fixed double scan issues for low res modes in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 282. Set rgbBits to 8 for all HiQV chips in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 281. Moved initialization of accel funtions past initialization of offscreen fb manager in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 280. Fixed initialization of video in chips driver (?). 279. Fixed HALlib problem restoring text mode on G550 (Egbert Eich). 278. Restructured and included Matrox's Merged Framebuffer changes to mga driver (Egbert Eich). 277. G450/550 clockchip programming fixes (Matrox). 276. Fixed HW Cursor for HALlib frame granularity (Egbert Eich). 275. Enabling 2D accel in 24-bit for neomagic 2360 and 2380 (Egbert Eich). 274. Added support for builtin 1024x480 mode of Sony subnotebooks for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 273. Fixed support for lowRes (320x240) modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 272. Fixed RAC function registration in S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 271. Added some voodoo to screen initialization of S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 270. Fixed vbe/int10 support in SMI driver. It used to core dump when BIOS was not usable (Egbert Eich). 269. Separated BRIGHTNESS and and CAPTURE_BRIGNTESS video attributes in smi driver: CAPTURE_BRIGHTNESS refers to the capture chip (ie. Philips SAA7110) while BRIGHTNESS controls the video overlay of the SMI chip itself (Egbert Eich). 268. Disable automatic loading of DRI when running SUN ffb as this is inconsistent with other drivers (Thorsten Kukuk). 267. Fixed Gamma/Brightness code in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 266. Added FpDelay debugging option (Egbert Eich). 260. Fixed video support for Trident 9397 (Egbert Eich). 265. Fixed Cursor/VT switch support for vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 264. Fixed Blit problems in vmware driver when running KDE (Egbert Eich). 263. Added RENDER support to vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 262. Added C&T 69030 to extrapci.ids (Egbert Eich). 261. Improved mouse autodetection code (Egbert Eich). 260. Restructured int10 code so that vm86 and x86emu support can be loaded as modules. Implemented heuristic to try vm86 first and fall back to x86emu. This allows 32 bit Xservers to run on x86_64 on 64-bit kernel without vm86 support (Egbert Eich). 259. Restructured elf loader: determine which section to load from elfheader flags (Egbert Eich). 258. Adding RENDER Support to RAC (Egbert Eich). 257. Using borderClip instead of borderSize region for redisplay function in miext/shadow code to avoid core dumps when vt switched away (Egbert Eich). 256. Replacing sprintf() by snprintf() in lbxproxy to eliminate possible buffer overrun exploits (Egbert Eich). 255. KP_Decimal fixes to Czech and Slovak keybards (Jan Holesovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>) (Egbert Eich).
Don't warn or create configuration for entities that have been claimed before xf86MatchPciInstances() is called. This allows a driver to take out entities that should never be associated with a Device section.
214. Add functions to allow modules to query the core X server version and the version of its sub modules (David Dawes). (we probably should have added these a long time ago)
148. Major OS/2 support update (#5119, Holger Veit).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
Resync with yesterday morning's trunk (not compile-tested yet).
542. Fixed xkb to avoid setting of AccessXTimeout to 0 (Egbert Eich). 541. Added option to sync the logfile after every line written (Egbert Eich). 540. Improved APM handling: - Added disable of Input Handlers. - Added support for undo on failed APM requests. - Set vtSema to false (Egbert Eich). 539. Improved detection of primary device especially for non-PC platforms (Egbert Eich). 538. Silicon Motion driver Fixes: - Removed separate loading of int10 code. - Added reset of graphics engine on EnterVT (Egbert Eich). 537. Set flag ROP_NEEDS_SOURCE for CPUToScreenColorExpand for all S3 Savage chips (Egbert Eich). 536. SiS driver: - Added fix to restore fbdev mode properly on VT switch/exit. - Improved LCD handling on SiS 630. - fixed screen blanking in SiS driver to properly blank LCDs (Egbert Eich). 535. Trident driver: - Fixed screen centering for 640x480 Modes. - Fixed video playback for BladeAi1. - Fixed hotkey internal/external switching for XPm8/16. - Added support for on-the-fly video recentering. - Attempt to fix contrast settings for video (Egbert Eich). 534. Added reset code for PS/2 mice when replug events occurs (required for later Linux 2.4.x kernels) (Egbert Eich). 533. xf86cfg: start AccessX controls even when started from a running server (Egbert Eich).
Change notice to be posted later...
445. Big5 encoding fix (#4957, Juliusz Chroboczek). 444. Use DDC sync and DPMS info (#4955, Andrew C Aitchison). 443. Update the i810 XVideo support to double the maximum image width to 1440 (#4933, Philip Pokorny). 442. Fix several memory leaks in x11perf (#4931, Ernie Coskrey, from X11R6.6). 441. Bypass startup VT #1 switching hack for FreeBSD/syscons unless running on a pre-3.1 version of FreeBSD (#4926, Huver). 440. Catch bogus flat panel dimensions in the ati/r128 driver (#4907, Michel Dänzer).
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
make -configure generate the display size from the acquired DDC info. (#4897)
642. Fix some typos in the iso8859-2 Compose file (#4799, Kamil Toman). 641. Don't reference the log file in the FatalError message if it hasn't been opened yet (#4793, Branden Robinson).
198. Fix some typos in the iso8859-2 Compose file (#4799, Kamil Toman). 197. Add some XKB options to allow the CapsLock behaviour to be easily selected (#4794, Ivan Pascal). 196. Don't reference the log file in the FatalError message if it hasn't been opened yet (#4793, Branden Robinson).
Remove (stale) support for Amoeba and Minix.
Add xf86LoaderRef* wrappers for LoaderRef*.
22. Add an lv entry to XKB's keymap/xfree86 file (#4685, Nerijus Baliunas). 21. Fix some typos in XKB's xfree86.lst file (#4684, Nerijus Baliunas). 20. Add DDXOSVERRORF ifdefs to the XFree86 ddx code that make use of the OsVendorVErrorFProc feature (#4678, Michel Dänzer). 19. Convert the r128 driver's "UseBIOSDisplay" option into a more general "Display" option (#4678, Michel Dänzer).
22. Add an lv entry to XKB's keymap/xfree86 file (#4685, Nerijus Baliunas). 21. Fix some typos in XKB's xfree86.lst file (#4684, Nerijus Baliunas). 20. Add DDXOSVERRORF ifdefs to the XFree86 ddx code that make use of the OsVendorVErrorFProc feature (#4678, Michel Dänzer). 19. Convert the r128 driver's "UseBIOSDisplay" option into a more general "Display" option (#4678, Michel Dänzer).
This is not a small commit, but besides that, should not cause any problems. It is basically a slightly modified version of the patch I posted a URL yesterday to the devel and config lists. The major changes that this patch adds are the availability of the use of the ModuleInfoRec, but not required, at least for now, so that input modules and "generic" modules have also a way to pass the list of available options to the code that loaded the driver, be it the xserver or xf86cfg; or of course, any other program that links with the correct libraries. The new Options file is expected to very easy to understand, and should be very easy to update. I am considering the possibility of using this file and xf86cfg to update man pages based on the contents of this file; this would assure that xf86cfg is properly running as it would be a "prereq" for the build system (xf86cfg seens to be broken in some compiles due to an uninitialized variable, or because of a problem in the glide driver, that is not in the main trunk, but gone in 4.0.2 and 4.0.3), thanks to Chris Morgan for tolding me about the problems. The only input driver updated to export an option list was the mouse driver. Changes to other input modules were just minor changes to allow xf86cfg loading them. The changes to xf86cfg are to add an interface to view option descriptions, and fixes to two problems pointed by Christopher Morgan (one patch from him). I believe this patch should not cause any problems, but if any side effects are noticed, it can be reverted very easiliy, as it is not intrusive in any other code. I also added a fix to a "boring" 0 character being printed to the log file. I think it was added in a patch I commited at least one month ago.
473. Fix option handling in most drivers so that per-screen options work correctly (David Dawes). plus a few misc fixes
1249. Change the os-support layer to only claim a bare minimum of I/O resources rather than a larger estimate (Marc La France). 1248. Loader work: Fix handling of shared GOTs on IA-64 and Alpha's, and of PLT and OPD entries on IA-64; Cleanup debug messages and #if testing (Marc La France). 1247. Extensive int10 rework to address lockups, spontaneous reboots and tight CPU loops on various architectures (Marc La France): - Use intialised BIOS to softboot primary adapters on non-PC's; - Fix endianness problems; - Move stack into its own page to prevent overwritting interrupt vectors; - Prevent (with a message) int10 from interfering with mainboard devices (i.e. RTC, keyboard, speaker, chipset, etc.); - Flesh out int 0x42 emulation on non-PC's; - Emulate BIOS data area on non-PC's; 1246. Add missing symbols in i810 and sis drivers (Marc La France). 1245. Optionally disable, at compile time, loader bug workarounds in ATI driver (Marc La France). 1244. Prevent the Rage 128 and Radeon drivers from initialising an adapter more than once (Marc La France). 1243. Move support for >64kB BIOS'es from int10 into the os-support/bus layer (Marc La France). 1242. When retrieving PCI BIOS'es, only use another PCI base when a previous retrieval attempt fails (Marc La France). 1241. Temporary kludge to not consider any adapter as primary if more than one candidate can be found (Marc La France). 1240. Make deleted mode message less fearsome (Marc La France). 1239. Fix -configure to retrieve the correct set of options for ATI, C&T, Cirrus and NeoMagic adapters (Marc La France). 1238. When removing PCI resource overlaps, always consider resources whose size can be accurately determined, whether active or not (Marc La France).
1188. Fixed tseng driver to reinit accel after VT switch (Egbert Eich). 1187. Fixed nv driver to restore state after DDC (Egbert Eich). 1186. Changed mga driver to handle pixmap cache on cards with more than 8MB RAM (Mark Vojkovich). 1185. Bugfix: Make xf86MatchPciInstances() not puke when only an ISA card is present (Egbert Eich).
1150. Tdfx driver now allocates up to 2048 lines (if space is available) for offscreen pixmap (Egbert Eich). 1149. Bugfix to xf86UDelay() (Egbert Eich). 1148. Added a sanity check to pciConvertRange2Host() (Egbert Eich). 1147. Added more log messages to Linux APM code (Egbert Eich). 1146. Added a sanity check to xf86ConfigPciEntity() (Egbert Eich). 1145. Adding depth 32 to -configure generated file (Egbert Eich).
2014. Changed name of server binary to call by xf86cfg back to "XFree86 (Egbert Eich). 2013. Modified handling of memory alloctaion in TDFX driver (Egbert Eich). 2012. Attempt to fix the 'UseModes' directive in the Monitor section (Egbert Eich). 2011. Added debugging output for BIOS base address search (Egbert Eich). 2010. Changed neomagic driver to treat disable stretching for each mode individually (Egbert Eich). 2009. Removed '-traditional' from cpp rule for makedpend. Required for new glibc header files (Ruediger Oertel). 2007. Fix to make SuperProbe build again on ia64 (Andreas Schwab). 2007. Attempt to fix int10 (Egbert Eich). 2006. Modified blitter busy test to use the MMIO mapped registers on chips > CT69000 (Egbert Eich). 2005. Attempt to improve dga support in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 2004. Moved ppc_flush_icache to compiler.h - hope this fixes build problems (Egert Eich). 2003. changed cirrus driver to us fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 2002. Modularized HALlib for mga driver (Egbert Eich). 2001. Added DGA support to tseng driver (Rainer Keller). 2000. Added "framebuffer" bus type allowing resource control to take place outside of the server (Egbert Eich). 1099. Added turkish keyboard layout (Togan Muftuoglu).
1068. Clean up r128_video.c again (Marc La France). 1067. Fix ATI clock generator recognition when an adapter BIOS cannot be retrieved (Linus Torvals). 1066. Fix int10 and ATI driver for video BIOS larger than 64kB (Marc La France). 1065. Change xf86MatchDevice() to initialise its return pointer and clean up drivers accordingly (Marc La France). + the usual gang of build and warning fixes.
1046. Make sure the correct "driverName" string is used in xf86Configure.c.
967. Change linux/int10 to intercept signals generated by the vm86() syscall rather than killing the server (Marc La France). 966. Reinstate DG/UX mmap() bug work-around in int10 (Marc La France). 965. Rage128 and Radeon fix for -configure (Marc La France). 964. Fix int10 woes with retrieving PCI BIOSes (Marc La France). 963. Allow modules to intercept signals that would otherwise kill the server (Marc La France). 962. Fix static Xvfb server build (Marc La France). 961. Some warning fixes (Marc La France). 960. Rage128 and Radeon #include changes to reduce recompilations (Marc La France).
958. Added messages about modes rejected on lookup (Egbert Eich). 957. Attempt to fix DDC1 support on Neomagic (Egbert Eich). 956. Added Block/UnblockSIGIO() to DDC1 readout code (Egbert Eich). 955. Enabled virutal depth for a second head on a G400 multihead (this needs to be looked at) (Egbert Eich). 954. Added code to check if the PictureScreen structure was initialized before referencing it (Egbert Eich). 953. Modified xf86UDelay() to use Block/UnblockSIGIO and usleep() instead of gettimeofday() (Egbert Eich). 952. Modified xf86MatchPciInstances() to allow for chipset overrides even when called with no separate vendorID (Egbert Eich). 951. Changed Xvfb to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 950. Moved a misplaced xfree() in the generic driver. Now more than one chipset can use this driver in a multihead setup (Egbert Eich). 949. Did some fixes for the Trident driver ie. fixed a LCD modeline, reset clipping register on all non 3D chips (Egbert Eich). 948. Added missing parts for AXP support to lnx_video.c (Egbert Eich). 947. Added bsr/bsf to x86emu (Jeff Wiedemeier).
935. Update GNU/Hurd support (#A.188, Marcus Brinkmann).
897. Added render extension support to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 896. Fixed clock code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 899. xf86Configure now uses the imake variable xf86ConfigFile (Egbert Eich). 898. xf86cfg has a new option for a server path (Egbert Eich). 897. xf86cfg can now handle more than one command line argument (Egbert Eich). 895. Added a delay to dac code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 894. Changed shadowfb to use delayed updates in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 893. Rewrote ddc code in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 892. Rewrote ddc code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 891. Fixed problems with enter/leave/closeScreen in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 890. Fixed a bug in the fixed modelines in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 889. Added reinitialization of blitter on enterVT in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 888. Fixed a typo which caused wrong register to be set in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 887. Added loader symbol handling to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 886. Changed tseng driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 885. Changed chips driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 884. Added render extension support to chips driver (Egbert Eich). 883. Added render extension support to neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 882. Added render extension support to nv driver (Egbert Eich). 881. Modified helper_mem.c to map everything between video bios and system bios on PC-like platforms (Egbert Eich). 880. Modified Linux mapVidMem() to map memory on page boundaries (Egbert Eich). 879. Changed BIOS_SIZE (Sys BIOS) from 0x10000 to 0xffff to make int10 work un DGUX (Takis Psarogiannakopoulos). 878. Fixed a bug in the argument list of the call to xf86ReadPciBIOS() from int10/pci.c (Egbert Eich). 877. Added simple sanity check to catch situation where DDC reads all 0 and therefore trivially has the correct checksum (Egbert Eich). 876. Changed i2c code to allow for longer rise/fall times on longer cables (Egbert Eich). 875. Removed limit on default visual for 4bpp (Egbert Eich). 874. Added macros to build nv driver on AXP (Jay Estabrook). 873. Changed -configure to use primary card as first card (Egbert Eich). 872. Changed generic vga driver to not unmap memory when switched away. 871. Fixed problem that caused APM support to be disabled on server reset (Egbert Eich). 870. Added support for newer sparse AXP systems (Egbert Eich). 869. Added support for MGA G100 PCI (Egbert Eich).
851. Fix the claiming of XF86Config device sections by drivers, and change MatchDevices() to only return unclaimed sections (Marc La France).
832. Split ATI driver into two modules in preparation for merging in the r128 and radeon drivers (Marc La France).
829. Add code to the xf86config utility to get the list of XKB selections from the appropriate XKB files rather than having them hard-coded. Also allow XkbOptions to be set (#4209, Ivan Pascal). 828. Fix two more bugs in xkbcomp: handling of 'keycode aliases', and copying of strings when copying structures (#4208, Ivan Pascal). 827. Xterm patch #147 (#4207, Thomas Dickey). 826. Move the initialisation of pScrn->EnableDisableFBAccess into InitOutput(), which fixes an infinite loop problem that can show up on server resets (#4206, Joe Moss). 825. Make xf86cfg use the same config file search path as the X server (#4203, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 824. Update the XFree86 -configure code to put the default font path in the Files section of the config file it generates (#4202, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 823. Fix a bug in the vesa driver when finding the linear address for the card, some compile time warnings, faster code for handling colormap changes, and add DGA support (#4201, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 822. Fix a typo in the mga driver that causes planemask problems with the PCI version of the G100 (#4198, Antti Tapaninen). 821. Add an option to the C&T driver to disable "TMED" (DSTN dithering scheme) (#A.172, Damir Anicic, #4196, 4197, David Bateman). 820. Pablo Saratxaga's i18n updates for XFree86 that are used in Mandrake 7.2. Includes various new and fixed xkb files, locale name additions and updates, and new support for varios charset encodings (#4195, Pablo Saratxaga).
701. Fix to xterm InsertChar() to handle cases where cur_col + n ends up past the end of the line (Andreas Schwab). 700. Added keyboard layouts for PowerMac (Olaf Hering). 609. Fixed Macintosh keyboard layouts (Olaf Hering). 608. Fixed build when BuildServer defined NO (Egbert Eich). 607. Fixes for C&T 69030 (David Bateman). 606. Fix for locale setting in Xlib and Xt using getlocale() from glibc5 (Egbert Eich). 605. Added handling of i5/686 and k6 compiler defines to Imake.cf (Philipp Thomas). 604. Added support for non-English locales in xload (Egbert Eich). 603. Fixed memory initialization in Xlib (Vladimir Nadvornik). 602. Fixed memory initialization in xdm (Egbert Eich). 601. Rudimentary S390 support (Ruediger Oertel, Bernhard Kaindl). 600. Enabled support for compressed xpm-files (Stefan Dirsch). 599. Added support for Czech querty keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). Some fixes for ia64 (). 598. Added CPU to Screen Color expansion to Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 597. Added support for hotkey display output switch for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich).
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
343. Xf86cfg updates (#4010, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 342. Fix threads support in OpenBSD 2.7 and above (#4006, 4009, Carlos A M dos Santos). 341. UCS misc BDF fonts updates, including new oblique/italic versions (6x13O, 8x13O), Korean font covering all Hangul symbols (18x18ko) and many additional autogenerated ISO 8859 fonts to cover with 6x13 and 8x13 all the locale encodings suggested by the Li18nux specification (#4007, Markus Kuhn). 340. Add Linux/Sparc support for the DRI, and a DRI driver for Sun Creator3D hardware (#4004). 339. Fix DRI BusIDString length usage (#4003, David S. Miller). 338. Xterm patch #139 (#4002, Thomas Dickey). 337. Make the use of GlxDefines for libGL independent of BuildXF86DRI (#4001, David S. Miller). 336. Fix i810 build warnings (#4000, Jarno Paananen). 335. Fix an i810 build problem (Keith Whitwell, #4000, Jarno Paananen). 334. Fix a multihead problem with the mga driver (Mark Vojkovich). 333. Add support to the i810 driver for the i815 (Keith Whitwell). 332. Add infrastructure support for cards with multiple CRTCs (screens) per accelerator (PCI entity) (Jeff Hartmann and David Dawes). 331. Fix some Mesa problems (Brian Paul).
Fix various compilation glitches. Make Pci.c compile again 230. Fix xdm when PAM is not available (Marc La France). 229. Fix int10 bug on non-PC platforms (Marc La France). 228. Finish prototyping of DPS libraries. Fix argument promotions in pswrap. Fix yytext portability problem. Fix non-standard format in pswrap (#3941, #3942, Nomura Takaaki, Thomas Dickey).
- addeed some forgotten fixes for inactive devices and vbe support.
150. Disable debugging messages from XF86-Misc extension (Marc La France). 149. Ensure XAA always respects user options that disable subsets of its primitives (Marc La France). 148. Bug fix in XAA's CPU-to-screen colour expansion (Marc La France). 147. Finish off XAA's CPU-to-screen colour expansion for 24bpp (Marc La France). 146. When matching adapters to XF86Config sections, the ATI driver will now look at the primary adapter before any other non-primary PCI adapters (Marc La France). 145. Ensure Mach64 acceleration is disabled when using the VGA CRTC (Marc La France). 144. Set a Mach64's scaler/overlay clock divider in preparation for a GATOS merge (Marc La France). 143. Make VBE use its own option instead of DDC's (a consequence of re-entrancy) (Marc La France). 142. Make option processing re-entrant in DDC, int10, VBE and XAA modules, and in the common layer (Marc La France).
- added vbe support to neomagic driver - fixed compiler warning about INFINITY redefined - fixed sig11 problem when no layout section is set. - msc cosmetics
- minor cleanups to xf86pciBus.c - bugfix to xf86Helper.c - attempt to make Cyrix driver more compatible to the new design. (The changes compile but are not tested on real HW)
ident lines at alia
misc changes; check CHANGELOG entires 105-120
104. Add an XF86UnloadSubModule() entry (Marc La France).
73. Change xf86LoadModules() so that it doesn't quit at the first module that fails to load (David Dawes). 72. SIGIO doesn't work on Linux pipes, so diasble it for input devices which are pipes (#3835, Keith Packard). 71. Bring the SDK support up to date (#3834, David Bateman). 70. Fix an Xlib problem that causes an application crash when inputting cyrillic symbols with the koi8-r locale (and other locales with long esc-sequences) (#3833, Ivan Pascal, #A.15, Serguei Poliakov). 69. Fixes for S3 Trio3D/2X: - flickering for some cards (bad FIFO setting from bios). - workaround for 8MB ram (ramdac can access only 4MB). - adjust clock limits which have been too low. (#3832, Harald Koenig). 68. Fix v4l problem with a function being called after the module is unloaded (#3831, email@example.com). 67. Fixes for the PPC icache flushing code (#3830, Kostas Gewrgiou). 66. Fix for /tmp race installing man pages on OpenBSD (#3829, Matthieu Herrb). 65. Fix problems building the Xsun and XsunMono servers on NetBSD-current/sparc (#3828, Matthieu Herrb). 64. Add a comment to site.def about how to move the /etc/X11 contents to a directory under ProjectRoot (#3827, R Horn). 63. Fix an Xaw bug that shows up when usingn c-mode with xedit on Linux (#3824, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 62. Enable devfs support for the v4l driver (based on #3823, Christopher Sekiya). 61. Update for README.FreeBSD (#3822, Kazutaka Yokota). 60. Bump the video driver ABI major version because of interface changes (now 1.0). 59. Disable SilkenMouse when IO/MEM resource sharing means that it cannot be reliably used (#382o, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 58. Fix DGA 1.0 compatibility for mouse events and SetViewport behaviour (#3820, Keith Packard). 57. Fix the Linux APM code so that the X server doesn't hang the machine on suspend (#3820, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 56. Fix problems that break Overlay support in the glint driver (#3818, Michel Dänzer). 55. Possible fix for AvailableOptions function and submodule loading for the cirrus driver (David Dawes).
remove some more debugging messages
reduce some of the noise in the server startup messages fix an unresolved reference to VErrorF from the int10 module.
remove some DEBUG defines
3903. Remove unnecessary VGA CRTC unlock/relock in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 3902. Fix ATI driver's 8514/A probe delay when one isn't present (Marc La France). 3901. Changes to -configure: ATI driver interface; Move default monitor tolerances to xf86ValidateModes(); Let drivers decide on default depth and mode; Don't "special-case" VGA driver. (Marc La France)
3845. Fix xf86MatchPciInstances() to not cause r128 to report detection of other ATI adapters to -probe (Marc La France). 3844. Fix bug in xf86MatchDevices() with -probe or -configure (Marc La France). 3843. More compilation fixups (Marc La France). 3842. Make -probe and -configure use compiled-in driver lists. Make -configure work in the static server (Marc La France). 3841. A second attempt at fixing DPS compilation (Marc La France).
Add DDC probing support code to the common layer. Drivers will be updated shortly.
update formatted docs 3832. Add a "xf86LoaderCheckSymbol" function and use this in drivers to check if the vgahw module is loaded before calling vgaHWFreeHWRec() (David Dawes).
3799. Fix all other SaveScreen() functions, and add a helper xf86IsUnblank() that drivers can use to interpret the SaveScreen mode values (David Dawes). 3798. Fix GLINTSaveScreen's use of the second argument (#3706, Michel Danzer).
adding notification callbacks for server state change fixing a VT switch bug adding code to handle RAC and asynchronous events
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
Fix primary card detection for -configure.
updates for ISA card detection with -configure.
Lots of updates to the -configure option. Make it multihead aware too. But doesn't write multihead config files yet.
Changes to DriverRec structure to allow passing of Driver options to the -configure option.
Whoops. Forgot to commit the primary card detection code.
Add new -configure option to automatically generate a fresh XF86Config.
3554. Fix "controlization" in XLookupString for chars > 127 (#3569, Ivan Pascal). 3553. Take advantage of FB speedups in Tiny-X (#3568, Keith Packard). 3552. Speed up FB and do 32bit accesses instead of 64bit accesses (#3567, Keith Packard). 3551. Eliminate saving the contents of the screen durint VT switching (#3562, Keith Packard). 3550. Make using fb easier for driver writers (#3561, Keith Packard). 3549. Fix TCP font server connections (#3560, Keith Packard). 3548. Implement the "OverclockMem" option for the Millennium and Millennium II (#3558, Andrew Aitchison). 3547. Speed up some FB performance problems (#3557, 3559, 3560, Keith Packard). 3546. Work around a bad code generation bug in gcc 220.127.116.11 that shows up in XAA (#3550, Rik Faith). 3545. Add a -brief option to xclock to show only hours and minutes when in digital mode (#3549, Keith Packard). 3544. Fix some dead key problems with xkb symbols for Swiss French and Swiss German keyboards (#3546, Charles Lopes).
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
fixes and some missing files
3257. Out of memory fixes for the mi region code (#3323, 3324, Keith Packard). 3256. "Silken Mouse" support (#3323, Keith Packard).
3252. Fix problem with cleanup after XAA offscreen pixmap allocation fails (Mark Vojkovich). 3251. Fix missing USE_MMIO define in trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3250. Blade, image and trident updates for the trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3249. A very preliminary "-probe" mode for the X server (David Dawes). 3248. Remove __alpha__ ifdefs from the mga driver by changing the way sparse MMIO access is handled (David Dawes). 3247. Fix a WarpPointer bug introduced when "xineramifying" some dix code (Mark Vojkovich). 3246. Move the BuildObjectFromLibrary rule into Imake.rules.
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
3217. Xterm patch #116 (#3280, Thomas Dickey). 3216. Add new flags to the Xv adaptor type to indicate that it can be used to render into window or pixmaps and do video or stills (#3279, Mark Vojkovich). 3215. Fix some MGA pci retry related corruption problems (#3278, Mark Vojkovich). 3214. Attempt to autoprobe the memory on all MGA cards except the 2164 (#3277, Mark Vojkovich). 3213. APM driver updates, including bug fixes, 24bpp acceleration and improved Rush support (#3276, Loic Grenie). 3212. Some DGA fixes (3275, Loic Grenie). 3211. Fix and document the CMAP_LOAD_EVEN_IF_OFFSCREEN option for the common layer cmap code (#3274, Marc La France). 3210. Some resource management speed improvements in Xinerama (#3273, Mark Vojkovich). 3209. Fix an off-by-one error in shadowfb's EnterVT wrapper (#3272, Marc La France). 3208. Fix ATI driver DAC handling for >8bpp TrueColor and add >8bpp DirectColor support (#3271, Marc La France). 3207. Add a hardcopy version of the Xv specs (#3270, Mark Vojkovich). 3206. Integration of a bug fix by David Woodhouse in the Microtouch driver. Correct a possible problem when configuring only one of the two devices supported by the driver (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3205. Update XF86Conf.man to reflect the current state of the input drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3204. Add support for the ThruGlass touchscreens to the Microtouch driver (#3269, Andreas Micklei). 3203. Add SwapAxes and PortraitMode options to the Elographics and Microtouch drivers (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3202. Port Microtouch and elographics drivers to the new module loading method (#3269, Patrick Lecoanet). 3201. Rewrite the way Xinerama handles visibility events. Also fix some problems with CoordModePrevious primitives drawn on the root window (#3267, Mark Vojkovich). 3200. Some Xaw and xedit updates. The html-mode code is removed from xedit (#3265, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3199. Fix a problem with pScrn->rgbBits not being set in the correct place in the tdfx driver (#3264, Scott Bertin). 3198. Update ATI info for `XFree86 -scanpci` (#3263, Marc La France). 3197. ATI driver changes: - Rage XC & Rage XL fixes. - Preliminary Rage Mobility support. - Fix from Christian Lupien to disable TVOUT feature of 3D Rage adapters. - Work around vertical blending limitations with "shallow" modes by doublescanning (accelerator CRTC) or multiscanning (VGA CRTC) them. - Fix bug that did not map the VGA aperture for generic VGA support. (#3260, Marc La France). 3196. Warning fixes in miscrinit.c (#3260, Marc La France). 3195. Rework mibank for maintenance reasons (#3260, 3281, Marc La France). 3194. VT switching changes, implementing a framework for framebuffer layers to be notified when an aperture is remapped at a different virtual address during EnterVT, and improved DDX-independence for mibank, and xf86SaveRestoreImage() no longer cares how the lower framebuffer layers access pixmap pixels (#3260, Marc La France). 3193. Remove scanpci's redundant check for "root". It get in the way when setting its setuid bit (#3260, Marc La France). 3192. Add several acceleration functions to the tdfx driver, and fix some compliance problems (#3259, Darryl Strauss). 3191. i740 driver updates (#3256, Kurt Olsen).
3188. Turn MGA soft reset stuff back on but modified so that it doesn't poll for fifos in case the PLLs aren't powered up (#3254, Mark Vojkovich). 3187. Xterm patch #115 (#3253, Thomas Dickey). 3186. Comment out some of the CacheBlit tiling code since the logic is not quite correct and it can get stuck in an endless loop in some cases (#3250, Mark Vojkovich). 3185. Fix tseng 24 bpp mode (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3184. Fix et4000W32p font corruption with ColorExpandScanline in modes > 8bpp (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3183. Add Solaris 8 support (#3241, 3247, David Holland). 3182. Fix some build problems in the Type1 code that show up on Solaris 8 (#3241, David Holland). 3181. Add an ISO8859-1 version of the "micro" font (#3246, Mark Montague). 3180. Minor DDC code improvement: xf86PrintEDID() now returns pointer to monitor structure (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3179. Problem with RAC wrapper (hopefully) fixed (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3178. Neomagic ScreenToScreenCopy bug fix (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3177. Initial INT10 module (Linux-only so far) (#3245, 3248, 3251, Egbert Eich). 3176. Update the DRM Linux kernel module to match that in the Linux 2.3.18 tree, and update libdrm and the DRI routines that use libdrm to reflect changes in the Linux kernel (#3244, Rik Faith). 3175. Fix a WarpPointer bug in Xinerama (#3243, 3252, Mark Vojkovich). 3174. Fix a seg fault when changing DGA mode (#3242, Loic Grenie). 3173. Xterm patch #114 (#3240, Thomas Dickey). 3172. Fix an XAA GC validation problem with Polygons for some fillStyles in some situations (#3239, Mark Vojkovich). 3171. Fix an incorrect method for preallocating a color on the default map (#3237, Mark Vojkovich). 3170. Fix a bad assumption in the XAA NonTE text rendering code (#3236, Mark Vojkovich). 3169. An attempt to autodetect the G400 Max and set the max pixel clock appropriately (#3235, Mark Vojkovich). 3168. Fix shadowfb problems when drawing is done while switched out (#3234, Marc La France). 3167. Attempt to autodetect SDRAM in the MGA driver for the primary head (#3233, Mark Vojkovich). 3166. Make Window->Pixmap copies in Xinerama less broken (#3232, Mark Vojkovich). 3165. Fix a bug in the Xinerama ShmGetImage support added in the last alpha (#3230, Mark Vojkovich). 3164. New cursor warping code. This implements the new way of specifying screen positions in the ServerLayout config file section (#3229, Mark Vojkovich). 3163. Add a xf86CheckMTRR function which returns TRUE when changing the MTRR setting is supported and enabled (#3227, Alan Hourihane). 3162. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with the 3.3.x version (#3226, Marc La France). 3161. Make 8+24 work on Matrox 2064w (Millennium I) with >4MB (#3224, Mark Montague). 3160. Make xdpyinfo -ext XFree86-VidModeExtension print the current mode line (#3223, Andrew Aitchison). 3159. Minor fix to Xnest Imakefile (#3222, Marc La France). 3158. Make the wrapping or replacement of ScreenRec region code function pointers reliable when NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS is #define'd (#3221, Marc La France). 3157. Remove ScreenRec region code function pointers (except BitmapToRegion) when the server is compiled with NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS #undef'ined (#3221, Marc La France). 3156. Fix memory leak during resource broker initialisation (#3220, Marc La France). 3155. During broker initialisation, use both system and non-system PCI resources to "trim" OS resources. Among other things, this allows the maximum memory limit to be bumped back up to 2G (#3220, Marc La France). 3154. Temporarily allow a driver to register resources that only conflict with resources whose size the common layer has only estimated (#3220, Marc La France). 3153. ATI driver updates, including: - Add option to display on the CRT interface whether or not a digital flat panel is detected. - Add support for ShadowFB (adapted from Henrik Harmsen). - Always read BIOS from legacy location for adapters found enabled on server entry. - Ensure the primary CRTC is always used for the CRT interface. - Fix determination of panel dimensions with older BIOS's. - Stop driver when panel dimensions cannot be determined. (#3219, Marc La France). 3152. Thread-related updates to 'ico' (#3217, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3151. Fix a build problem on 64-bit platforms introduced in 3.9.16a (#3216, Matt Grossman).
3010. Fix for the option handling in the glide driver (#3181, Henrik Harmsen). 3009. NVIDIA doc update (#3179, Jarno Paananen). 3008. Doc update for the C&T driver (#3176, David Bateman). 3007. Update some of the bindist files (#3175, Michael Rohleder). 3006. Fix a libXfont build problem that shows up on IUS (#3175, Michael Rohleder). 3005. Xaw and xedit updates (#3174, 3180, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 3004. Add a new DebuggableLibraries imake parameter to allow libraries to be built with debugging symbols, and enable this by default for Linux (#3173, Bruno Haible). 3003. Some Driver SDK build fixes (#3172, David Bateman). 3002. Modify the MGA driver to fall back to DDC1 if DDC2 fails or is disabled (#3171, Andrew Aitchison). 3001. Allow the -allowMouseOpenFail X server command line option to be recognised independently of the XFree86-Misc extension (#3170, Joe Moss). 3000. Update NetBSD's and OpenBSD's aperture driver to remove a warning from xf86ReadBIOS() during xf86Config.c's PC98 detection on non-PC98 systems (#3169, Marc La France). 2999. Disable setting the default gamma from the DDC data (#3168, Andrew Aitchison). 2998. Update the microtouch input driver for "NEW_INPUT", and re-enable building it (#3178, David Woodhouse). 2997. Back out the change in 3.9.15c that includes "non-system" resources in the RAC "system" resources list (#3167, Marc La France). 2996. Update the RELNOTES for DDC (#3165, Andrew Aitchison). 2995. Fix a problem with xf86ReadBIOS() on NetBSD/OpenBSD (#3164, Marc La France). 2994. Add an XLC_LOCALE file for zh_TW.Big5 (#3163, Pablo Saratxaga). 2993. Add dummy Compose files for encodings that don't already have them (#3163, Pablo Saratxaga). 2992. APM driver updates. The Rush extension is now included in the driver (some files missing, so not enabled yet) (#3162, 3159, Loic Grenie). 2991. Some fixes for the VidMode extension (#3161, Loic Grenie). 2990. Update SuperProbe to recognise the APM AT3D chipset (#3160, Loic Grenie). 2989. Some fixes for the nv driver (#3158, Jarno Paananen). 2988. Fix a typo in ObjectFromAsmSource() in xf86.rules (#3157, Matthieu Herrb). 2987. Add some NVIDIA cards to the Cards file (#3155, Jarno Paananen). 2986. A quick hack to cut down on XAA pixmap cache thrashing that happens with some particular apps (#3154, Mark Vojkovich). 2985. Update the tabtcvn file to include the full tcvn-5712 encoding, not only lowercase characters (#3153, Pablo Saratxaga).
2877. Add code to the mga driver to handle PC98 architecture machines (Takaaki Nomura). 2876. Add a global (ServerFlags) "PC98" Option for the Japanese PC98 architecture, and add a function xf86IsPc98() that drivers can call to check for this.
2860. Remove the s3virge fifo_ changes introduced in 3.9Pu, update the DGA2 support and docs (#2994, Kevin Brosius). 2859. Initial attempt to get the XFree86-Misc again (#2993, Joe Moss). 2858. Remove XAASync() (#2992, Rik Faith). 2857. Cleanup the TGA driver's hw cursor code, remove global variables in in the "accel" files, and fix up the RAC support (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2856. Add partial support for color expands to the 8-bit TGA driver (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2855. Re-enable DDC2 support in the MGA driver (#2989, Andrew Aitchison). 2854. Add missing TIOC defines for Interactive Unix to xf86_OSlib.h (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2853. Don't register the Xqueue mouse handler for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2852. Don't include sys/mman.h in cidchar.c when USE_MMAP isn't defined (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Disable BuildXF86DRI and BuildXF86DRIDriverSupport for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Update the apm (Alliance ProMotion) driver (#2987, 2988, Loic Grenie). 2850. Fix a problem with the xf86config screen configuration that was introduced with the removal of "32bpp" (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2849. Add a DefaultDepth configuration page to xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2848. Add the inputDevice examples from XF86Config.eg to config files generated by xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2847. Modify the vgahw module to allow it to save/restore more than the standard number VGA CRTC, Sequencer, Graphics and Attribute registers (2985, Jeff Garzik). 2846. Add DDC information to the release notes (#2984, Andrew Aitchison). 2845. Change XDGAChangePixmapMode to return the X-Y position of the pixmap in case the server is not able to place it exactly where requested (#2983, Mark Vojkovich). 2844. Fix some problems with unfavorable alignment of XAA offscreen pixmap (#2982, Mark Vojkovich). 2843. Some XAA speedups for NonTE text in certain cases (#2981, Mark Vojkovich).
2782. Documentation for the new RAC code (Egbert Eich). 2781. Fix some problems with the glide driver that can result in server crashes if there is a problem when it is starting up (David Dawes). 2780. Install the X server signal handlers before xf86OpenConsole is first called. This makes sure that the VT is returned to text mode if the server crashes in the early stages of InitOutput() (David Dawes). 2779. Fix xf86vsprintf() and xf86vfprintf(). 2778. Support for the different PLL reference clock used for HP's on-board G200s.
2777. Disable building the Xanti extension (Mark Vojkovich). 2776. Update the log file handling to catch most messages that are generated before the log file is actually opened (David Dawes). 2775. Another fix for PM2 text restoration (Egbert Eich).
2756. Fix for DPMS with the new RAC (Itai Nahshon). 2755. RAC updates, including changing the way PCI resource validation works (Egbert Eich). 2754. Update the TGA driver for the new RAC (#2886, Matt Grossman). 2753. Fix a fatal event problem with DGA 2.0 (#2884, Mark Vojkovich). 2752. Fix some macros in xf86str.h that conflict with system headers on some platforms (#2883, 2888, Matt Grossman).
remove unused mga_cmap.c Fix a typo
2741. Add some functions to the common layer to allow drivers to register input handling functions, and modify the pm2_video code to make use of this instead of the XInput code (David Dawes). some Xinput updates
2727. Increase the MAXSCREENS value from 4 to 16 (Egbert Eich). 2726. Add support for printing out PCI-PCI bridge header information correctly (Egbert Eich). 2725. New RAC (Resource Access Control) code (Egbert Eich). 2723. An attempt at allowing the server to correct the /tmp/.X11-unix directory when it is possible to do so safely (David Dawes).
fix some problems
RAC patch 25
2715. Add defines to the Xaw code to make it possible to build a version of the shared library that is binary compatible with the standard 6.1 version (#2849, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2714. Xedit updates (see the Xaw Changelog for details) (#2849, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2713. Bump the Xaw library major version (now 7.0), and enable the Xpm dependency by default (#2849, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2712. Fix an Xmu build warning (#2849, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2711. Some updates to the XAnti extension (#2851, 2852, Mark Vojkovich). 2710. Update the scanline width choices used in the MGA driver to better match the capabilities of the different chips (#2850, Mark Vojkovich). 2709. Add G400 support to the MGA driver (#2850, Mark Vojkovich). 2708. Resync SuperProbe with 18.104.22.168e, and add ATI Rage XL & XC detection (#2847, Marc La France). 2707. Fix for drivers/v4l/README (#2846, David Woodhouse). 2706. Fixes for the big5.eten-0 and gb2312.1980-0 encoding files (#2840, 2841, 2846, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2705. Use 8-bit I/O instead of 16-bit I/O in xf4bpp (better for older adapters), and some cleanups (#2838, Marc La France). 2704. Fix RGB "masks" for depth <=8, and fix the formatting of the "Clocks" messages (#2838, Marc La France). 2703. Remove assumption that PCI systems contain PCI video (#2838, Marc La France).
RAC patch 22
RAC patch 17 from Egbert
Get the updated Xqueue support working Fix some input-related build problems
2647. CID updates (third submission) (#2769, Ivan Bach, SGI). 2646. Kludge to allow a server with the glint driver to link without XInput (#2788, Marc La France). 2645. Remove unused dacSpeeds field from the ScrnInfoRec (#2788, Marc La France). 2644. Add an option to the colourmap code to allow a driver's LoadPalette() to be called even when switched out (#2788, Marc La France). 2643. Add more reasons for rejecting a mode (#2788, Marc La France). 2642. Factor in the log verbosity when reporting the verbosity to a driver (#2788, Marc La France). 2641. Allow xf86GetClocks() to be called with NULL ProtectRegs() and BlankScreen() functions (#2788, Marc La France). 2640. When deleting a screen, also free its mode lists and options (#2788, Marc La France). 2639. Allow a driver to determine if -probeonly was specified (#2788, Marc La France). 2638. Fix a large jump in changelog numbering that happened a little while ago (#2788, Marc La France). 2637. Various warning and include fixes (#2788, Marc La France). 2636. Xterm patch #103 (#2786, Thomas Dickey). 2635. SiS driver updates, including fixing the SetMClk option, change solid lines from bresenham to two-point, correct a clippling bug, and change the verbose level of some messages (#2784, 2785, Juanjo Santamarta). 2634. Fix a server loop that can happen when VT switching while a grab is in progress (#2782, Edward Wang).
Fix the va_list problems related to the new logging Update xf86Pci.h with some new classes defined in the PCI 2.2 spec put the sysmouse protocol handling in the core part of the reworked mouse driver
RAC patches 13 and 14 from Egbert
RAC patches 11 and 12 from Egbert
First stage of converting the mouse driver
RAC patch #10 from Egbert
A little more on the input device changes. Update some obsolete email addresses
fix and XKB and encodings.dir bug some preliminary input device unification changes
RAC patches 6 and 7 from Egbert.
2796. Add support for building XF86Setup with ncurses on NetBSD and OpenBSD (#2734, Matthieu Herrb). 2795. Fix vidmem map/unmap mismatch in the TGA driver (#2733, Matt Grossman). 2794. A minor interlace improvement for the PM2 Xv driver (#2731, Michael Schimek). 2793. Fix color expansion bug in the SiS driver (#2729, Juanjo Santamarta). 2792. Major resync for OS/2 (#2727, 2732, 2735, Holger Veit). 2791. Xterm patch #98 (#2726, 2730, Thomas Dickey). 2790. Fix a build V4L driver build problem (#2725, David Woodhouse). 2789. Xterm patch #97 (#2724, Thomas Dickey).
Add logfile support
Some more of the new RAC code from Egbert.
first patch for new RAC code from Egbert.
Finish off the 3.9Nv branch
rework MapVidMem functions
fix a bug in xf86CollectOptions()
Allow the screen numbering to be specified in the config file. Install OS-specific modules in OS-specific subdirectories, and update the loader to search subdirectories. Cleanup a few warnings.
- Fix the BackingStore option - Merge OPTV_BOOLEAN and OPTV_TRI - Update Option list in xfree86/Registry
patches #2456-2465 and scanpci changes
fix some build bugs on other platforms fix video noise associated with writing colourmaps in vgahw
2408-2413, update depth 24 handling, and enable 24/32bpp for other drivers
updates to the loader/module interface
some loader updates, sis, tga fixes
#2394-2406, and some loader updates
preparing for 3.9Nw
Add an UnloadSubModule function to the loader
Remove the KEEP_BPP ifdefs
rework the depth/bpp/pixmap format handling
Allow inactive device entries and Options in the ServerLayout sections
fix a bug in xf86SetBackingStore()
Main branch patches from 2338-2358, except X-TT. Some loader updates
#2269-2291, for 3.9Np
final updates for 3.9No
Initial batch of patches for 3.9No
patches for 3.9Nn
some colormap updates
patches for 3.9Ni
patches for 3.9Ng
updates for 3.9Nf
fix some tests
main branch patches from #1957-1971
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
Patches for 3.9Na
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
#1821-1824, and some other bits and pieces
patches 1789 - 1820
Replace SaveScreen with BlankScreen in xf86GetClocks Fix some DPMS stuff
#1773-1775 Cleanup font module implementation, and fix problems building other things that use the font library.
Some tweaking of the modified module handling to make it cleaner Update DESIGN for the recent changes
Make the ScrnInfoRec.privates field persistent
loader updates and rework of how drivers load modules
#1753,1754,1757,1759-1761,1767-1771 + Tseng updates and fix for CRTC blanking.
XAA updates, xf1bpp/xf4bpp, preliminary tseng driver, Xv extension
Updates for different pixmap/fb bpp
Update the DPMS and DGA support in the common layer
Some more resyncing with metro stuff already on the main branch
Marc's recent patches, and a few other minor things.
add functions for accessing most globals more general cleanups
Clean out common_hw Update the PCI code, and put it in os-support/bus/. Continue the cleanup of headers and prototyping
Lots of build cleanups and updates Static server support More loader updates
fix some typos
Add a helper to simply ChipProbe() for PCI drivers
ANSI C/libc wrapper updates -- mostly a resync with the main branch
fix a ctrl-alt-bs problem
Most recent set of changes from Marc, including the mibank code.
more updates, and some work on the design document
resync parser with Metro's recent patches and add some missing processing of the parser output
Progress continues ...
Some more general updates, and a start on getting an unaccelerated MGA driver working with the new design.
Mostly some cleanups
Some more work on vgahw and the generic vga driver.
some code for ScreenInit plus more config stuff
Add some things to the parser, and fix a SEGV
updates, including IO stuff for Linux and BSD
mode-related changes and merge
new parser and first attempts to use it
more mode validation related code
Some more compile fixes + fix/add some helper functions
common now compiles
Fix more compile problems
Cleanup a few things, add in some of the Metro Link multi-screen changes, remove the XF86_*.c files (left in XF86_LOADER.c for now so we can still look at it).
watch out, this is work in progress
first tiny changes to vga.c
Mostly changes for a more portable (but untested so far) method of saving the framebuffer contents at VT switch.
the state of things so far
file xf86Helper.c was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.