CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Globals.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
69. Make X server argv strings constant (David Dawes).
42. Avoid memory leaks in command line processing (David Dawes). 41. Improve support for the XFree86CustomVersion imake parmeter, and customisation of some initial server messages (David Dawes). plus some typo fixes
229. XFree86 loader enhancments: - Per-module export symbol lists. - Improved symbol hash. - A mechanism for specifying the scope of symbols. - Keep track of relocations, and undo them when they become unresolved on module unload, and recalculate them when they change on module load. - Check relocations on each module load/unload, ensuring that function references that are unresolved at any time are always mapped to the catch-all function preventing calls into nowhere. - Efficient handling of invariant relocations. - Cleanup/update the memleak stack trace code, and print a stack trace when an unresolved function is called or when XFree86 aborts. - Update the catch-all function to identify the unresolved function. - Read the XFree86 executable's symbol table in order to get the most useful stack traces, and use dladdr(), where available, for shared library references. - Cleanup and unify debug messages for the loader components. - Allow for module-instance-specific referenced and required symbols lists, so that a module's requirements can be removed when it is unloaded. - Update the ati driver to make use of some of the new loader functionality. - General loader cleanups, including removing some redundancies. - Don't build the coff loader on platforms that it doesn't support. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
161. Implement a major #include rework throughout the tree. Also enforce it for all non-external builds (i.e. in-tree & SDK) (Marc La France). 160. Rework the building of hw/xfree86/parser to be more in line with the building of other server subdirectories (such as common/) (Marc La France). 159. ANSIfy /xc/lib/font/builtins/, and fix warnings, whitespace & formatting (Marc La France). Notes: - `make World` highly recommended ;-) - This will be further tested in the next few days.
283. First phase of dynamic configuration (David Dawes, S. Lussos, Michael Dawes, J. D. Darling, X-Oz Technologies).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
769. Add a root window property called XFree86_VT that holds the VT number that the XFree86 server is running on (Andrew Aitcheson, suggested by Samuel Thibault). 768. Fix a problem where root window properties registered with xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() are not re-registered after server regeneration (David Dawes, reported by Samuel Thibault).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
930. Fix run-time enabling/disabling of VT switching via xf86EnableVTSwitch() (David Dawes). 929. Add a "DontVTSwitch" option to allow VT switching to be disabled (on platforms where the X server initiates VT switches) (#5640, Branden Robinson).
862. Add a ServerFlags/ServerLayout option for disabling the RandR extension (David Dawes). + a function xf86DisableRandR() that drivers can call to do the same
718. Update the XFree86 server special key handling so that by default there is a fallback to the the hard-coded keys when there is no Terminate action binding in the XKB map. A new global option is added to allow the fallback mechanism to be used never, when needed, or always, with "when needed" the default (#5572, Joe Moss).
319. Moved LdPreLib define after the vendor/OS specific config files as it may depend on setting done there (Egbert Eich). 318. Several fixes for cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 317. Added code to allow for building of static only libraries with -fPIC for platforms which require it (Egbert Eich). 316. Added '-m32' to gcc flags as default for ia32 builds when gcc version is >= 3.1. This allows building a 32 bit Version of X on 64bit x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 315. Changed direct calls of ld to 'gcc -nostdlib' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 314. Changed calls to as to 'gcc -c -x assembler-with-cpp' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 313. Added '-fno-strict-aliasing' flag to gcc version >= 3.1 (Egbert Eich). Strict requires that one address must not contain pointers to different types - a feature heavily used by X (Egbert Eich). 312. Fixed a core dump problem in libXtt (?) (Egbert Eich). 311. Removed '#pragma pack' from structures that contain function pointers in x86emu. This causes problems on gcc 3.1 for ia64 (Egbert Eich). 310. Added defines for missing X types to saverproto.h (Egbert Eich). 309. Fixed compiler warings generated by gcc >= 3.1 in mesa drivers (Egbert Eich). 308. For platforms that allow both 32 and 64 bit libraries to be executed split Xlib i18n modules path into <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common and <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib64/common. 'lib64' has been defined to be the default path for 64bit shared libraries on these platforms (Egbert Eich). 307. Fixed obvious typo in OMlib (Egbert Eich). 306. Fixed code in cfb that didn't comply with C sequence rules. Modern C compilers tend to be more aggressive on code reordering (Egbert Eich). 305. Changed arguments of NoopDDA() from VarArgs to void. Handling of VarArgs by gcc isn't compatible with the way it was used on certain platforms (Egbert Eich). 304. Added support for 32bit pixmaps for 24bit overlay framebuffers in fb overlay code (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed kdrive to print a meaningful error message instead of just core dump when no matching graphics cards is found (Egbert Eich). 302. fixed portability bug in xwd (Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>) 301. fixed X Server crash, which happended each time a proportional iso10646 font was loaded with xtt backend (Yong Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>) 300. Added some ARM specific fixes to compiler.h (Uli Hecht). 299. Added a virtual 'dummy' driver (Egbert Eich). 298. Fixed core dump when certain access functions are not set in xf86Bus.c (Egbert Eich). 297. Fixed problem where SIGIO could be disabled after a server reset. 296. Added configurable list of devices the xf86Misc extension is allowed to change the mouse device to (Egbert Eich). 295. Changed default mouse type to 'auto' when generating config file with '-configure' (Egbert Eich). 294. Made sure keyboard modifier settings are consistent after exit from DGA when the xkb extension is used (Egbert Eich). 293. Disabled keyboard processing when Xserver is suspended by power management. This allows effective locking of laptops when stolen (Egbert Eich). 292. Added/improved options for lockfile syncing (Egbert Eich). 291. Added support for backup copy of Xserver logfile (Egbert Eich). 290. Fixed GetTimeInMillis() to use deltas instead of absolute time returend by gettimeofday(). This ensures time is monotonic in X (Egbert Eich). 289. Fixed xf86Misc extension to allow modification of Expps2 mice (Egbert Eich). 288. Made code in xf86MiscExt.c more readable (Egbert Eich). 287. Fixed PCI CardBus bridge handling (Egbert Eich). 286. Added code to reenable PCI bus mastering after coming back from a VT switch to radeon driver (Charl P. Botha <http://cpbotha.net/>) (Egbert Eich). 285. Dito for r128 driver (M. Harris). 284. Dito for glint and mga driver (Egbert Eich). 283. Fixed double scan issues for low res modes in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 282. Set rgbBits to 8 for all HiQV chips in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 281. Moved initialization of accel funtions past initialization of offscreen fb manager in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 280. Fixed initialization of video in chips driver (?). 279. Fixed HALlib problem restoring text mode on G550 (Egbert Eich). 278. Restructured and included Matrox's Merged Framebuffer changes to mga driver (Egbert Eich). 277. G450/550 clockchip programming fixes (Matrox). 276. Fixed HW Cursor for HALlib frame granularity (Egbert Eich). 275. Enabling 2D accel in 24-bit for neomagic 2360 and 2380 (Egbert Eich). 274. Added support for builtin 1024x480 mode of Sony subnotebooks for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 273. Fixed support for lowRes (320x240) modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 272. Fixed RAC function registration in S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 271. Added some voodoo to screen initialization of S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 270. Fixed vbe/int10 support in SMI driver. It used to core dump when BIOS was not usable (Egbert Eich). 269. Separated BRIGHTNESS and and CAPTURE_BRIGNTESS video attributes in smi driver: CAPTURE_BRIGHTNESS refers to the capture chip (ie. Philips SAA7110) while BRIGHTNESS controls the video overlay of the SMI chip itself (Egbert Eich). 268. Disable automatic loading of DRI when running SUN ffb as this is inconsistent with other drivers (Thorsten Kukuk). 267. Fixed Gamma/Brightness code in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 266. Added FpDelay debugging option (Egbert Eich). 260. Fixed video support for Trident 9397 (Egbert Eich). 265. Fixed Cursor/VT switch support for vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 264. Fixed Blit problems in vmware driver when running KDE (Egbert Eich). 263. Added RENDER support to vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 262. Added C&T 69030 to extrapci.ids (Egbert Eich). 261. Improved mouse autodetection code (Egbert Eich). 260. Restructured int10 code so that vm86 and x86emu support can be loaded as modules. Implemented heuristic to try vm86 first and fall back to x86emu. This allows 32 bit Xservers to run on x86_64 on 64-bit kernel without vm86 support (Egbert Eich). 259. Restructured elf loader: determine which section to load from elfheader flags (Egbert Eich). 258. Adding RENDER Support to RAC (Egbert Eich). 257. Using borderClip instead of borderSize region for redisplay function in miext/shadow code to avoid core dumps when vt switched away (Egbert Eich). 256. Replacing sprintf() by snprintf() in lbxproxy to eliminate possible buffer overrun exploits (Egbert Eich). 255. KP_Decimal fixes to Czech and Slovak keybards (Jan Holesovsky <email@example.com>) (Egbert Eich).
542. Fixed xkb to avoid setting of AccessXTimeout to 0 (Egbert Eich). 541. Added option to sync the logfile after every line written (Egbert Eich). 540. Improved APM handling: - Added disable of Input Handlers. - Added support for undo on failed APM requests. - Set vtSema to false (Egbert Eich). 539. Improved detection of primary device especially for non-PC platforms (Egbert Eich). 538. Silicon Motion driver Fixes: - Removed separate loading of int10 code. - Added reset of graphics engine on EnterVT (Egbert Eich). 537. Set flag ROP_NEEDS_SOURCE for CPUToScreenColorExpand for all S3 Savage chips (Egbert Eich). 536. SiS driver: - Added fix to restore fbdev mode properly on VT switch/exit. - Improved LCD handling on SiS 630. - fixed screen blanking in SiS driver to properly blank LCDs (Egbert Eich). 535. Trident driver: - Fixed screen centering for 640x480 Modes. - Fixed video playback for BladeAi1. - Fixed hotkey internal/external switching for XPm8/16. - Added support for on-the-fly video recentering. - Attempt to fix contrast settings for video (Egbert Eich). 534. Added reset code for PS/2 mice when replug events occurs (required for later Linux 2.4.x kernels) (Egbert Eich). 533. xf86cfg: start AccessX controls even when started from a running server (Egbert Eich).
- fix compilation on non-i386 NetBSD platforms (#4973, Charles M. Hannum). - Use NetBSD native keyboard support on nont x86 NetBSD platforms (#4974, Charles M. Hannum) - fix compilation on NetBSD/i386 and xf86Info struct initialisation on NetBSD and OpenBSD (Bernd Ernesti).
198. Fix some typos in the iso8859-2 Compose file (#4799, Kamil Toman). 197. Add some XKB options to allow the CapsLock behaviour to be easily selected (#4794, Ivan Pascal). 196. Don't reference the log file in the FatalError message if it hasn't been opened yet (#4793, Branden Robinson).
Remove (stale) support for Amoeba and Minix.
543. Back out sunleo conversion to fb. This driver is too heavily dependent on cfb32 for a simple fb conversion (Marc La France). 542. Miscellaneous build/warning fixes (Marc La France). 541. More prep work for SunOS (Marc La France). 540. Fix libXft build on SunOS (Marc La France). 539. Another makedepend bug fix (Marc La France). 538. Fix use of xftcache utility during !UseInstalled builds (Marc La France).
This is not a small commit, but besides that, should not cause any problems. It is basically a slightly modified version of the patch I posted a URL yesterday to the devel and config lists. The major changes that this patch adds are the availability of the use of the ModuleInfoRec, but not required, at least for now, so that input modules and "generic" modules have also a way to pass the list of available options to the code that loaded the driver, be it the xserver or xf86cfg; or of course, any other program that links with the correct libraries. The new Options file is expected to very easy to understand, and should be very easy to update. I am considering the possibility of using this file and xf86cfg to update man pages based on the contents of this file; this would assure that xf86cfg is properly running as it would be a "prereq" for the build system (xf86cfg seens to be broken in some compiles due to an uninitialized variable, or because of a problem in the glide driver, that is not in the main trunk, but gone in 4.0.2 and 4.0.3), thanks to Chris Morgan for tolding me about the problems. The only input driver updated to export an option list was the mouse driver. Changes to other input modules were just minor changes to allow xf86cfg loading them. The changes to xf86cfg are to add an interface to view option descriptions, and fixes to two problems pointed by Christopher Morgan (one patch from him). I believe this patch should not cause any problems, but if any side effects are noticed, it can be reverted very easiliy, as it is not intrusive in any other code. I also added a fix to a "boring" 0 character being printed to the log file. I think it was added in a patch I commited at least one month ago.
528. Fixed lbx to handle endian swapping without core dump (Egbert Eich). 527. Fixed MTRR region splitting (Egbert Eich). 526. Cleaned up option handling in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 525. Added options to specify the Video BIOS to use for POSTing a chipset (Egbert Eich). 524. Trident driver: added call to BIOS to enable unstretched mode when display is stretched. This should make the option "CyberShadow" obsolete. (Egbert Eich). 523. Attempt to fix video Support on Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 522. Added VBE DDC support to SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 521. Fixed Silicon Motion to unblank the display when driver fails in PreInit() (Egbert Eich). 520. Cleaned up handling of 'shadow status' in Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 519. Savage driver: fixed lockups for Savage4 when loading colormap, manipulating the HW cursor, doing certain blit operations 518. Cleanded up DDC code in mga driver (Egbert Eich). 517. Fixed KGA handling in i740 driver (Egbert Eich). 516. Converted i740 and Silicon Motion drivers to fb (Egbert Eich). 515. Added calls to vbeFree() or xf86FreeInt10() to C&T, glint, mga, neomagic, nv, s3v, tdfx and trident drivers to clean up shared memory segments (Egbert Eich). 514. Reworked video support in C&T driver, cleaned up block handler (Egbert Eich). 513. C&T driver: introduced a delay when setting the cursor image for the first time after a mode change (Egbert Eich). 512. Fixed R128CCE_RESET in r128 driver to do a reset only when dri is enabled (Egbert Eich). 511. Rewrote readPciBIOS() and getValidBIOSBase() (Egbert Eich). 510. Fixed xf86Info structure in xf86Globals.c to match prototype (Egbert Eich). 509. Allow ':' as delimiter in locale.alias and similar files (Egbert Eich).
246. Make the Linux/PPC "custom keycodes" choice a run-time option instead of a build-time option (#A.240, Franz Sirl). 245. Add support to splitting WC MTRR regions on Linux when the regions is not aligned on a size boudary (#A.238, _Usul John Obscurant). 244. Add Acecad support to the "summa" input driver (#A.237, Arpad Gereoffy).
3968. Release notes updates (David Dawes) (not finished yet) 3967. Major updates to the XF86Config man page (David Dawes) (not finished yet) 3966. Update the Cyrix driver documentation (#3810, Richard Hecker). 3965. Update the APM driver documentation (#3809, Loic Grenie). some minor misc fixes fix some doc typos
Add new -configure option to automatically generate a fresh XF86Config.
3285. Ensure miInitializeBanking() fails when a bank clip region cannot be allocated (Marc La France). 3284. Static server fix for s3virge and nv drivers (Marc La France). 3283. Map MMIO areas on ATI adapters (Marc La France). 3282. Disable DirectColor and gamma support for the original ATI integrated controllers (Marc La France). 3281. Linear aperture fixes for ATI 88800 and CT controllers (Marc La France). 3280. Make LCD mode validation changes in ATI driver (CHANGELOG #3271) into a development option, restoring the previous behaviour by default (Marc La France). 3279. When display subsection mode names run out without yeilding a valid mode, continue validation with the largest unvalidated modePool member, rather than the first (Marc La France). 3278. Allow drivers to specify whether or not sync/refresh rates in monitor sections are optional and use this for ATI LCD support (Marc La France). 3277. Replace xf86Exiting with its DIX counterpart, dispatchException's DE_TERMINATE bit (Marc La France).
3257. Out of memory fixes for the mi region code (#3323, 3324, Keith Packard). 3256. "Silken Mouse" support (#3323, Keith Packard).
3252. Fix problem with cleanup after XAA offscreen pixmap allocation fails (Mark Vojkovich). 3251. Fix missing USE_MMIO define in trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3250. Blade, image and trident updates for the trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3249. A very preliminary "-probe" mode for the X server (David Dawes). 3248. Remove __alpha__ ifdefs from the mga driver by changing the way sparse MMIO access is handled (David Dawes). 3247. Fix a WarpPointer bug introduced when "xineramifying" some dix code (Mark Vojkovich). 3246. Move the BuildObjectFromLibrary rule into Imake.rules.
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
Remove the "old input" code
2877. Add code to the mga driver to handle PC98 architecture machines (Takaaki Nomura). 2876. Add a global (ServerFlags) "PC98" Option for the Japanese PC98 architecture, and add a function xf86IsPc98() that drivers can call to check for this.
2816. Add some imake rules to allow easy compilation of .c files to assembler. 2815. Use SpecialCObjectRule() in favour of SpecialObjectRule(). 2814. Fix lots of 64-bit problems in XAA (#2967, Mark Vojkovich). 2813. Add a new DGA request to allow switching the DGA pixmap from one the size of the framebuffer to one the size of the viewport that you can move around (#2966, Mark Vojkovich). 2812. Make sure that all Xinerama heads have the same root window depth, and don't advertise backing store or save unders as being available unless it's available on all heads (#2965, Mark Vojkovich). 2811. Some Xaw and xedit updates (#2964, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2810. Some DRI updates (#2962, Rik Faith). 2809. Fix a double-free problem in the mouse driver (#2959, Egbert Eich). 2808. Add some debugging code to xalloc.c to detect and allow trapping of double xfree() calls (#2954, Egbert Eich). 2807. Add Single GLINT MX support for Direct Rendering, which now allows ELSA Gloria XXL to take part in this (#2592, 2955, 2957, 2958, Alan Hourihane and #2960, Rik Faith). 2806. Add ScanlineCPU function to the glint driver for PM2 when pci retries aren't used (#2952, Alan Hourihane). 2805. Use mediumraw keyboard mode for LinuxPPC (#2946, Gerd Knorr). 2806. Xterm patch #110 (#2943, Thomas Dickey). 2803. Add CyberBlade/i7 (Socket 7), CyberBlade/i7 DSTN (Laptop Socket 7) and CyberBlade/i1 (Slot 1) support to the trident driver (#2940, Alan Hourihane). 2802. Some new PCI ids for Cyberblades and Via MVP4 (#2939, Alan Hourihane). 2801. Replace `__volatile__' in xf86drm.h with `volatile' (#2938, Takaaki Nomura). 2800. Fix a problem with the umask not being reset in some cases in the xtrans code (#2936, Bill Nottingham). 2799. Improve the latency associated with writing to the PCI config space, which is important for RAC to work efficiently (Egbert Eich).
2797. Xaw and xedit updates (#2932, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2796. Make the "fifo_conservative" memory settings default for the s3virge accelerator (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2795. Preliminary DGA2 code for the s3virge driver (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2794. Updates to PI's DRI sample implementation, including: - Dynamic loading of the OpenGL client driver is implemented - 3D client death while holding the drawable lock does not cause deadlock - The kernel module works with Linux 2.2.x [x <= 10] and 2.3.y [y <= 8] - A better authentication mechanism has been implemented - XF86Config options for the DRI are supported (#2929, Precision Insight). 2793. Add functions to the FBManager to query the largest size available and to purge all areas that aren't nailed down (#2928, Mark Vojkovich). 2792. Fix some serious performance problems with Xinerama when the number of resource IDs becomes large (#2927, Carsten Haitzler). 2791. Remove the significant RGB bits check from Xinerama visual eliminations (#2926, Mark Vojkovich). 2790. Fix a typo in xmodmap and xstdcmap (#2924, Matthieu Herrb). 2789. Fix the type of the OverclockMem Option in the MGA driver (#2922, Andrew Aitchison). 2788. Fix PCI resource handling problems that were showing up with the glint driver (#2918, Egbert Eich). 2787. Fix a problem building some Makefiles when JoystickSupport is enabled (#2917, Todd Fries). 2786. Fix a typo in the RAC support for the glint driver (#2915, Jens Owen). 2785. Fix a RAC-related build problem on 64-bit machines (#2913, Matt Grossman). 2784. Some afb-related updates (#2911, Sven Luther). 2783. Fix race condition in xinit (Nate Eldredge, Mark Montague).
rework the config file searching and allow "safe" relative paths to be specified by non-root users. Fix the XINPUT mouse map change
Enable the new input code (NewInput) by default in xfree86.cf. Add compatibilty support for interpreting "Pointer" sections as "InputDevice" sections in the reworked input device code.
First stage of converting the mouse driver
A little more on the input device changes. Update some obsolete email addresses
fix and XKB and encodings.dir bug some preliminary input device unification changes
remove the legacy keyboard options, and move the vtinit and vtsysreq keywords to the serverflags section.
Add logfile support
fix the initialisaion of some serverflags-related options
2408-2413, update depth 24 handling, and enable 24/32bpp for other drivers
sis driver updates, and add a -modulepath option
Remove the KEEP_BPP ifdefs
rework the depth/bpp/pixmap format handling
Allow inactive device entries and Options in the ServerLayout sections
Main branch patches from 2338-2358, except X-TT. Some loader updates
patches for 3.9Nn
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
file xf86Globals.c was initially added on branch xf-3_9j-branch.