CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
256. Add a stack trace function, callable from modules and elsewhere, which can be useful for development/debugging (David Dawes). 255. Make sure that DGAShutdown() is always called before HW state is restored on exit and reset, and make sure that it is not called after the HW state is restored (David Dawes). 254. Trap re-entry into AbortServer() (David Dawes).
247. The new loader eliminates the need to defer unloading drivers when using autoconfig (David Dawes).
242. Loader updates: - Improve the stack trace information. - Improve the handling of instance-specific req/ref symbols. - Use stronger typing for the module-visible instance-specific module descriptor. - No longer disable xf86UnloadSubModule(), since the loader now handles unloads and re-loads cleanly. - Update all modules to make use of the above, and fix some bugs that this exposed. - Some loader message cleanups. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
229. XFree86 loader enhancments: - Per-module export symbol lists. - Improved symbol hash. - A mechanism for specifying the scope of symbols. - Keep track of relocations, and undo them when they become unresolved on module unload, and recalculate them when they change on module load. - Check relocations on each module load/unload, ensuring that function references that are unresolved at any time are always mapped to the catch-all function preventing calls into nowhere. - Efficient handling of invariant relocations. - Cleanup/update the memleak stack trace code, and print a stack trace when an unresolved function is called or when XFree86 aborts. - Update the catch-all function to identify the unresolved function. - Read the XFree86 executable's symbol table in order to get the most useful stack traces, and use dladdr(), where available, for shared library references. - Cleanup and unify debug messages for the loader components. - Allow for module-instance-specific referenced and required symbols lists, so that a module's requirements can be removed when it is unloaded. - Update the ati driver to make use of some of the new loader functionality. - General loader cleanups, including removing some redundancies. - Don't build the coff loader on platforms that it doesn't support. (X-Oz Technologies, David Dawes).
130. Add loader infrastructure to implement inter-module version checks and use it as part of a rework of VBE information blocks (Marc La France).
64. ATIProbe() and atimisc changes: - Port to common layer's domain scheme; - Replace AVOID_CPIO and AVOID_NON_PCI rchitecture-specific #define's with run-time checks and implement new common layer infrastructure to allow this to happen; - Replace endianness compile-time checks with run-time ones; - Deal with certain spurious I/O errors; - No longer consider IOBase when matching adapters to device sections This re-instates support for all ATI adapters on all architectures supported by the common layer (Marc La France). 63. Make sparse I/O masks more portable throughout the server (Marc La France).
61. Tweak xf86InterceptSignals()'s interface (Marc La France).
343. Separate the addition of EDID modes out from mode validation (David Dawes).
341. Separate monitor parameter initialisation out from mode validation, and ensure that monitor parameters are initialised before the vbe module sets up its mode pool (David Dawes).
333. Log when modes are excluded due to not meeting TargetRefresh or PreferredMode options, and improve the handling of these cases (David Dawes).
291. Add basic automatic mouse device node detection for Solaris (David Dawes). 290. Improve autoconfig's handling of a failed driver PreInit() (David Dawes). 289. Ignore sections called ".stab.indexstr" in elfloader, which fixes a problem loading modules built with SunPRO C (as described by Alan Coopersmith).
283. First phase of dynamic configuration (David Dawes, S. Lussos, Michael Dawes, J. D. Darling, X-Oz Technologies).
257. Automatic configuration updates, including: - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple configuration sources to be combined. - Modify the parser/config support to allow multiple ServerFlags, Files, and Module sections. - Allow the automatically-generated configuration to be appended to a partial static configuration. - Use a more complete set of the probed EDID information in determining the monitor parameters. - Add a "preferred" mode type, which can be obtained from the probed EDID information or from the configuration. - Some parser interface cleanups. (David Dawes, X-Oz Technologies).
256. Extend the parser/config support to allow multiple Monitor sections to be referenced from a Screen section (David Dawes). CVS----------------------------------------------------------------------
Small correction to previous change.
Build fix for glibc 2.2, among others
113. Automatic configuration updates: - Auto-detect DPMS support based on EDID data. - Fix DPMS enable/disable logic. - Allow multiple probe phases, allowing the driver search to continue after failures at the PreInit stage. - Update static driver list handling to allow automatic configuration to work with static servers. - Add a '-autoconfig' command line option to force automatic configuration mode. (X-Oz Technologies).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
769. Add a root window property called XFree86_VT that holds the VT number that the XFree86 server is running on (Andrew Aitcheson, suggested by Samuel Thibault). 768. Fix a problem where root window properties registered with xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() are not re-registered after server regeneration (David Dawes, reported by Samuel Thibault).
453. Add gcc format checking for the X server's message and logging functions, and fix lots of associated warnings (David Dawes).
396. Add a facility for assigning version numbers to builtin XFree86 server interfaces and allowing modules to query them. Assign versions for the os-mouse and os-kbd interfaces (David Dawes).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
885. Added einitialization of screen layout after RandR size change on a multihead setup. This keeps cursor movement beween screens working (Egbert Eich).
862. Add a ServerFlags/ServerLayout option for disabling the RandR extension (David Dawes). + a function xf86DisableRandR() that drivers can call to do the same
621. Let kbd driver test if Xserver is in suspend before handling any input events (Egbert Eich). 620. Fixed agp version checking to accept minor versions >= the specified number (Leif Delgass).
492. Add support for using the XKEYBOARD extension's action handlers for the XFree86 X server hot keys. This provides control over the mapping of theese hot keys (#A.1334, 5454, Joe Moss).
381. Add a "kbd" driver module that can eventually replace the built-in "keyboard" driver (#5344, Ivan Pascal). 381. Add os-support level support for a loadable keyboard driver for BSD and Linux (#5344, Ivan Pascal). 380. Add some new common layer functions for supporting a loadable keyboard driver (#5344, Ivan Pascal). 379. Move the XkbDisable option to a global server flag rather than keyboard driver flag, since it really is a global setting (#5344, Ivan Pascal).
367. When enabling PCI adapters, also enable their bus mastering capability; Consequently, deprecate xf86EnablePciBusMaster() (Marc La France). + reduce compilation of unused code.
Add RandR support to XFree86 DDX
319. Moved LdPreLib define after the vendor/OS specific config files as it may depend on setting done there (Egbert Eich). 318. Several fixes for cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 317. Added code to allow for building of static only libraries with -fPIC for platforms which require it (Egbert Eich). 316. Added '-m32' to gcc flags as default for ia32 builds when gcc version is >= 3.1. This allows building a 32 bit Version of X on 64bit x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 315. Changed direct calls of ld to 'gcc -nostdlib' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 314. Changed calls to as to 'gcc -c -x assembler-with-cpp' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 313. Added '-fno-strict-aliasing' flag to gcc version >= 3.1 (Egbert Eich). Strict requires that one address must not contain pointers to different types - a feature heavily used by X (Egbert Eich). 312. Fixed a core dump problem in libXtt (?) (Egbert Eich). 311. Removed '#pragma pack' from structures that contain function pointers in x86emu. This causes problems on gcc 3.1 for ia64 (Egbert Eich). 310. Added defines for missing X types to saverproto.h (Egbert Eich). 309. Fixed compiler warings generated by gcc >= 3.1 in mesa drivers (Egbert Eich). 308. For platforms that allow both 32 and 64 bit libraries to be executed split Xlib i18n modules path into <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common and <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib64/common. 'lib64' has been defined to be the default path for 64bit shared libraries on these platforms (Egbert Eich). 307. Fixed obvious typo in OMlib (Egbert Eich). 306. Fixed code in cfb that didn't comply with C sequence rules. Modern C compilers tend to be more aggressive on code reordering (Egbert Eich). 305. Changed arguments of NoopDDA() from VarArgs to void. Handling of VarArgs by gcc isn't compatible with the way it was used on certain platforms (Egbert Eich). 304. Added support for 32bit pixmaps for 24bit overlay framebuffers in fb overlay code (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed kdrive to print a meaningful error message instead of just core dump when no matching graphics cards is found (Egbert Eich). 302. fixed portability bug in xwd (Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>) 301. fixed X Server crash, which happended each time a proportional iso10646 font was loaded with xtt backend (Yong Li <email@example.com>) 300. Added some ARM specific fixes to compiler.h (Uli Hecht). 299. Added a virtual 'dummy' driver (Egbert Eich). 298. Fixed core dump when certain access functions are not set in xf86Bus.c (Egbert Eich). 297. Fixed problem where SIGIO could be disabled after a server reset. 296. Added configurable list of devices the xf86Misc extension is allowed to change the mouse device to (Egbert Eich). 295. Changed default mouse type to 'auto' when generating config file with '-configure' (Egbert Eich). 294. Made sure keyboard modifier settings are consistent after exit from DGA when the xkb extension is used (Egbert Eich). 293. Disabled keyboard processing when Xserver is suspended by power management. This allows effective locking of laptops when stolen (Egbert Eich). 292. Added/improved options for lockfile syncing (Egbert Eich). 291. Added support for backup copy of Xserver logfile (Egbert Eich). 290. Fixed GetTimeInMillis() to use deltas instead of absolute time returend by gettimeofday(). This ensures time is monotonic in X (Egbert Eich). 289. Fixed xf86Misc extension to allow modification of Expps2 mice (Egbert Eich). 288. Made code in xf86MiscExt.c more readable (Egbert Eich). 287. Fixed PCI CardBus bridge handling (Egbert Eich). 286. Added code to reenable PCI bus mastering after coming back from a VT switch to radeon driver (Charl P. Botha <http://cpbotha.net/>) (Egbert Eich). 285. Dito for r128 driver (M. Harris). 284. Dito for glint and mga driver (Egbert Eich). 283. Fixed double scan issues for low res modes in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 282. Set rgbBits to 8 for all HiQV chips in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 281. Moved initialization of accel funtions past initialization of offscreen fb manager in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 280. Fixed initialization of video in chips driver (?). 279. Fixed HALlib problem restoring text mode on G550 (Egbert Eich). 278. Restructured and included Matrox's Merged Framebuffer changes to mga driver (Egbert Eich). 277. G450/550 clockchip programming fixes (Matrox). 276. Fixed HW Cursor for HALlib frame granularity (Egbert Eich). 275. Enabling 2D accel in 24-bit for neomagic 2360 and 2380 (Egbert Eich). 274. Added support for builtin 1024x480 mode of Sony subnotebooks for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 273. Fixed support for lowRes (320x240) modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 272. Fixed RAC function registration in S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 271. Added some voodoo to screen initialization of S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 270. Fixed vbe/int10 support in SMI driver. It used to core dump when BIOS was not usable (Egbert Eich). 269. Separated BRIGHTNESS and and CAPTURE_BRIGNTESS video attributes in smi driver: CAPTURE_BRIGHTNESS refers to the capture chip (ie. Philips SAA7110) while BRIGHTNESS controls the video overlay of the SMI chip itself (Egbert Eich). 268. Disable automatic loading of DRI when running SUN ffb as this is inconsistent with other drivers (Thorsten Kukuk). 267. Fixed Gamma/Brightness code in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 266. Added FpDelay debugging option (Egbert Eich). 260. Fixed video support for Trident 9397 (Egbert Eich). 265. Fixed Cursor/VT switch support for vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 264. Fixed Blit problems in vmware driver when running KDE (Egbert Eich). 263. Added RENDER support to vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 262. Added C&T 69030 to extrapci.ids (Egbert Eich). 261. Improved mouse autodetection code (Egbert Eich). 260. Restructured int10 code so that vm86 and x86emu support can be loaded as modules. Implemented heuristic to try vm86 first and fall back to x86emu. This allows 32 bit Xservers to run on x86_64 on 64-bit kernel without vm86 support (Egbert Eich). 259. Restructured elf loader: determine which section to load from elfheader flags (Egbert Eich). 258. Adding RENDER Support to RAC (Egbert Eich). 257. Using borderClip instead of borderSize region for redisplay function in miext/shadow code to avoid core dumps when vt switched away (Egbert Eich). 256. Replacing sprintf() by snprintf() in lbxproxy to eliminate possible buffer overrun exploits (Egbert Eich). 255. KP_Decimal fixes to Czech and Slovak keybards (Jan Holesovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>) (Egbert Eich).
214. Add functions to allow modules to query the core X server version and the version of its sub modules (David Dawes). (we probably should have added these a long time ago)
Fix for 64 bit archs: access parameter to xf86RegisterResources() is an unsigned long.
123. Symbol table cleanup, leaving xf86GetPointerScreenFuncs() as the only common/xf86Cursor.c entry available to modules (Marc La France). 122. Fix VidMode-generated mode switches by making them go through (almost) the same code path as keyboard-generated mode switches (Marc La France). 121. Allow AGP apertures to overlap with other BIOS-assigned PCI resources (Marc La France).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
Another resync with HEAD branch.
567. Added debugging helpers (Egbert Eich). 566. Added support for the Trident CyberBladeXPAi1 (Egbert Eich). 565. Fixed Mono8x8Fill problem in S3 Virge and Savage drivers (Egbert Eich).
Change notice to be posted later...
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
346. Changed itn10 module to stub on Sparc (Egbert Eich). 345. Added hyperpen driver (Roland Jansen et. al.). 344. Fixed alignments of x86emu-structures for AXP (Jay Estabrook). 343. Fixed XLoadQueryFont() and XLoadFont() to support locales (required for Euro support) (Markus Kuhn). 342. Modified XtCvtStringToFont() to match any ISO8859 instead of latin1 as fallback. Required for Euro Support (Markus Kuhn). 341. Added acute to compose key list for iso8859-15 (Markus Kuhn). 340. Modified XV Xinerama support to recognize adaptors if screen 0 has no adaptor (Egbert Eich). 339. Modified order of disable devices and LeaveVT() to be symetric to the enter case (Egbert Eich). 338. Modified GetTimeInMillis() to handle non monotonous system clocks (Egbert Eich). 337. Added comment about a Zeos Meridan 850c Notebook to C&T docs (Alan Cox). 336. Added call to vbeFree() to apm driver (Egbert Eich). 335. C&T driver: - fixed sig11 problem for non-69030 chipsets. - fixed DGA to announce acellerated functions only if accelleration is enabled. - added FP_mode flag to C&T driver which allows to override the detected state of the flat panel (Egbert Eich). - fixed driver to act appropriately if the BIOS switches to the external monitor it detects when doing DDC. - Set IOBase correctly for MMIO when detection 65545 PCI. - fixed text screen restauration on 69030 (Egbert Eich). - reinabled correct KGA handling of C&T chips: unblank before the end of scanline. - added support for composite sync. - when FP is active disallow display sizes greater than panel. - added double buffering to video support. - fixed register settings to prevent flickering during video playback. (Egbert Eich). 334. Fixed bug in C&T driver that caused interlaced mode not to work (Claus Hulstrøm). 333. Added full MMIO support for C&T 69030 chips (Gregg H. Burman). 332. Fixed MMIO accel code in Cirrus Alpine driver, got PIO accel code to work (Egbert Eich). 331. Fixed fbdev to obtain 24 bit framebuffer format from the kernel, added more failure messages to fbdev driver (Egbert Eich). 330. Added calls to vbeFree() to rendition, savage, silicon motion, i740 and i810 driver (Egbert Eich). 329. Modified MGA driver for new Sparse allocation sceme (Jay Estabrook). 328. Modified handling of sparse addresses on AXP: The code now no longer maps the entire sparse range. Now the required ranges are mapped relative to a fixed base address (Jay Estabrook). 327. Fixed HW cursor for MGA G100 (Egbert Eich). 326. Fixed MGA drivers to be able to use overlay modes when HAL lib is loaded (Egbert Eich). 325. Disabled accel functions that cause lockups on certain neomagic systems by default. They can be reenabled by setting the option "StrangeLockups" to "no" (Egbert Eich). 324. Did a further fix on ScreenToScreenCopy() for Neomagic 2200 (Egbert Eich). 323. Added experimental support for Toshiba Libretto. This can be enabled by the option "DisplayHeight480" (Egbert Eich). 322. Fixed clipping in Savage driver, update to version 22.214.171.124 (Tim Roberts). 321. fixed calls to BLTSync() on SiS driver (Egbert Eich). 320. Fixed Mono8x8PatternFill(): Moving SETROPFG behind SETROPBG did the trick (Egbert Eich). 319. Setting 24 bpp pximap flags correctly in SiS driver dependening on chipset (Egbert Eich). 318. Setting depth and bpp of framebuffer correctly for suncg14 and sunleo driver (Thorsten Kukuk). 317. Tseng driver not longer ignores results of TsengDoMemLimit() which tests for certain restrictions on the usable framebuffer size (Egbert Eich). 316. Vesa driver: adding calls to vbeFree() before exiting PreInit(). Reinit vbe in ScreenInit() (Egbert Eich). 315. Adding int10 initialization to generic vga driver (Egbert Eich). 314. Modified generic vga driver to use shadow fb for vga16 on AXP. This works around the problem that AXP can address memory only 32bit wide which doesn't work on a latched register planar fb (Egbert Eich). 313. Removing 3.3 code from wacom driver. Makes driver hard to read (Egbert Eich). 312. Removing message output from xf86WcmPlug() which causes -configure to core dump (Egbert Eich). 311. Modified int10 Pci code to be able to use new version of xf86ReadPciBIOS() (Egbert Eich). 310. Modified int10 int1A handler to return valid when an unimplemented int10 call is encountered. This allows fallback to system BIOS (Egbert Eich). 309. Modified xf86ReadPciBIOS() to check for valid i386 PC signature. Added functions xf86GetAvailablePciBIOSTypes() and xf86ReadPciBIOSByType() to obtain available PCI BIOS types and retrieve a certain BIOS by type (Egbert Eich). 308. Reversed bogus patch 1050 of version 4.0.2. The graphics engine will *never* be called after receiving an APM suspend and before receiving an APM resume. If the neomagic locks up on resume this has a different reason (Egbert Eich). 307. Change real/effective user ID to 0/0 before calling modprobe in xf86LoadKernelModule() on Linux so user can also load drm modules. Fixed PATH environment variable to /sbin (Stefan Dirsch, Egbert Eich). 306. Removed disable/enable interrupt code on ia64 as interrupts cannot be controled from user level (Egbert Eich). 305. Further attempt to fix split algorithm for MTRR regions (Egbert Eich). 304. Fixed problem in XAACopyPlaneNtoNColorExpand() that caused bogus memory accesses when src was not in fb memory (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed cfb8_32PaintWindow() to use correct cfb32FillBoxTileOdd function (Egbert Eich). 302. Fix to xdm PAM support (Werner Fink). 301. Fixed cz and cz_querty keyboard layouts, added support for Slovak keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). 300. Fixed core dump in twm if no locales are present (Egbert Eich). 299. Modified xterm app default to use LFD fontnames instead of old type (Michael Schroeder).
Add xf86LoaderRef* wrappers for LoaderRef*.
29. ATI DGA changes (Patrick Chase and Marc La France): - Add accelerated DGA primitives for Mach64 variants; - Add accelerated DGA transparent blits for Rage128 and Radeon; - Fix setting of DGA_CONCURRENT_ACCESS; - Take XaaNo* options into consideration. 28. Simplify DGAShutdown() (Marc La France). 27. Fix colourmap bug when switching out of a DGA mode (Marc La France). 26. Make it possible, but not required, for a driver to initialise DGA after XAA so that it may factor in any XaaNo* options in determining what DGA drawing primitives to support (Marc La France). 25. Prevent mode switches while DGA modes are set (Marc La France).
537. Adds #XFree86LOADER define to wrap ModuleInfo related functions (#4654, Harold Hunt). Added code to check limits of driverlist in xf86Config.c.
This is not a small commit, but besides that, should not cause any problems. It is basically a slightly modified version of the patch I posted a URL yesterday to the devel and config lists. The major changes that this patch adds are the availability of the use of the ModuleInfoRec, but not required, at least for now, so that input modules and "generic" modules have also a way to pass the list of available options to the code that loaded the driver, be it the xserver or xf86cfg; or of course, any other program that links with the correct libraries. The new Options file is expected to very easy to understand, and should be very easy to update. I am considering the possibility of using this file and xf86cfg to update man pages based on the contents of this file; this would assure that xf86cfg is properly running as it would be a "prereq" for the build system (xf86cfg seens to be broken in some compiles due to an uninitialized variable, or because of a problem in the glide driver, that is not in the main trunk, but gone in 4.0.2 and 4.0.3), thanks to Chris Morgan for tolding me about the problems. The only input driver updated to export an option list was the mouse driver. Changes to other input modules were just minor changes to allow xf86cfg loading them. The changes to xf86cfg are to add an interface to view option descriptions, and fixes to two problems pointed by Christopher Morgan (one patch from him). I believe this patch should not cause any problems, but if any side effects are noticed, it can be reverted very easiliy, as it is not intrusive in any other code. I also added a fix to a "boring" 0 character being printed to the log file. I think it was added in a patch I commited at least one month ago.
338. Updates to the "citron" input driver. It includes compatibility with the Winbond SIO chip (83977EF), and some new commands to communicate to the touch driver from an application program (via XChangeFeedbackControl) (#4526, Peter Kunzmann, Citron). 337. Updates to the "summa" input driver, including: - "Resolution" replaces "LPI" as option for setting resolution. - Fixed device reporting to give the actual tablet area size and resolution. - Tested and working with: SummaSketch3, Hitachi_1217D, a couple of others emulating the Summa protocol. - Reduce debug message verbosity. - Various cleanups. (#4525, Huver). 336. SunFFB driver bug fixes, including: - Be smarter about restoring Kernel framebuffer state. - Cure build errors when debug defines are enabled. - Do not enable DRI or DGA acceleration if NoAccel option is specified. (#4524, David S. Miller). 335. Mga G450 dual head support, (#4523, Luugi Marsan (Matrox) and David Woodhouse). 334. Fix missing xfree -> Xfree mapping in the Type1 font library code (#4521, Juliusz Chroboczek). 333. Make sure that an initialization assumption in parse_fontdata() in lib/X11/omGeneric.c is met (#4520, Jonathan Kamens). 332. Add checksum verification to detect monitors that give incorrect EDID data (#4517, Andrew C Aitchison). - various build warning fixes
Update the xf86EnablePciBusMaster interface to fit in better as a common layer bus interface.
add xf86EnablePciBusMaster() (from DRI CVS trunk)
Bug fixes and improvements for mouse 3 button emulation state machine from Andrew Pimlott. Unlikely the 4.0 version where the mouse code is in a module, in the 3.3.6 one I kept the patch unchanged.
1140. Resync with DRI CVS trunk, including: - SSE support updates - DRI-specific full screen mode - Reduce the minimum space required for 3D on the Rage 128 (VA Linux). 1139. Fix a memory leak in the UTF-8 <--> CompoundText converter (#4354, Bruno Haible). 1138. Add support for the selection target UTF8_STRING to libXaw (#4353, Bruno Haible). 1137. Make Xlib's CompoundText converter ISO-2022 compliant (#4352, Bruno Haible). 1136. Fix 2 wacom driver bugs (core dump on VT switching, and USB support) (#4350, Frederic Lepied). 1134. Update the savage driver to all I/O via MMIO, and add DPMS support (4347, Ani Joshi). 1133. Change xfs to drop privs after daemonising so that the pid file can be written (#4346, Frederic Lepied).
- fixing typo
2014. Changed name of server binary to call by xf86cfg back to "XFree86 (Egbert Eich). 2013. Modified handling of memory alloctaion in TDFX driver (Egbert Eich). 2012. Attempt to fix the 'UseModes' directive in the Monitor section (Egbert Eich). 2011. Added debugging output for BIOS base address search (Egbert Eich). 2010. Changed neomagic driver to treat disable stretching for each mode individually (Egbert Eich). 2009. Removed '-traditional' from cpp rule for makedpend. Required for new glibc header files (Ruediger Oertel). 2007. Fix to make SuperProbe build again on ia64 (Andreas Schwab). 2007. Attempt to fix int10 (Egbert Eich). 2006. Modified blitter busy test to use the MMIO mapped registers on chips > CT69000 (Egbert Eich). 2005. Attempt to improve dga support in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 2004. Moved ppc_flush_icache to compiler.h - hope this fixes build problems (Egert Eich). 2003. changed cirrus driver to us fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 2002. Modularized HALlib for mga driver (Egbert Eich). 2001. Added DGA support to tseng driver (Rainer Keller). 2000. Added "framebuffer" bus type allowing resource control to take place outside of the server (Egbert Eich). 1099. Added turkish keyboard layout (Togan Muftuoglu).
967. Change linux/int10 to intercept signals generated by the vm86() syscall rather than killing the server (Marc La France). 966. Reinstate DG/UX mmap() bug work-around in int10 (Marc La France). 965. Rage128 and Radeon fix for -configure (Marc La France). 964. Fix int10 woes with retrieving PCI BIOSes (Marc La France). 963. Allow modules to intercept signals that would otherwise kill the server (Marc La France). 962. Fix static Xvfb server build (Marc La France). 961. Some warning fixes (Marc La France). 960. Rage128 and Radeon #include changes to reduce recompilations (Marc La France).
832. Split ATI driver into two modules in preparation for merging in the r128 and radeon drivers (Marc La France).
701. Fix to xterm InsertChar() to handle cases where cur_col + n ends up past the end of the line (Andreas Schwab). 700. Added keyboard layouts for PowerMac (Olaf Hering). 609. Fixed Macintosh keyboard layouts (Olaf Hering). 608. Fixed build when BuildServer defined NO (Egbert Eich). 607. Fixes for C&T 69030 (David Bateman). 606. Fix for locale setting in Xlib and Xt using getlocale() from glibc5 (Egbert Eich). 605. Added handling of i5/686 and k6 compiler defines to Imake.cf (Philipp Thomas). 604. Added support for non-English locales in xload (Egbert Eich). 603. Fixed memory initialization in Xlib (Vladimir Nadvornik). 602. Fixed memory initialization in xdm (Egbert Eich). 601. Rudimentary S390 support (Ruediger Oertel, Bernhard Kaindl). 600. Enabled support for compressed xpm-files (Stefan Dirsch). 599. Added support for Czech querty keyboard (Jan Holesovsky). Some fixes for ia64 (). 598. Added CPU to Screen Color expansion to Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 597. Added support for hotkey display output switch for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich).
492. ATI driver changes (Marc La France): - Fix resource relocation bug. - An attempt at fixing problems reported with Chrontel 8398's. - Workaround for Mobility BIOS bug that affected the driver's ability to restore the mode on server entry. - Fix SEGV that occurs with ATI adapter BIOS'es that do not support some flavour of VBE. - Allow the driver to tolerate the absence of an initialised adapter BIOS image and introduce XF86Config options for the information the driver would otherwise require from it. - Recognise more cases where a DFP panel might be in use. - Fix minor bug that occurred on xf86SetDepthBpp() failures. - Implement a compilation option that produces an MMIO-only version of the driver. Intended for non-Intel architectures. See the driver's Imakefile for details. + post-Egbert fixes to trident driver.
343. Xf86cfg updates (#4010, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 342. Fix threads support in OpenBSD 2.7 and above (#4006, 4009, Carlos A M dos Santos). 341. UCS misc BDF fonts updates, including new oblique/italic versions (6x13O, 8x13O), Korean font covering all Hangul symbols (18x18ko) and many additional autogenerated ISO 8859 fonts to cover with 6x13 and 8x13 all the locale encodings suggested by the Li18nux specification (#4007, Markus Kuhn). 340. Add Linux/Sparc support for the DRI, and a DRI driver for Sun Creator3D hardware (#4004). 339. Fix DRI BusIDString length usage (#4003, David S. Miller). 338. Xterm patch #139 (#4002, Thomas Dickey). 337. Make the use of GlxDefines for libGL independent of BuildXF86DRI (#4001, David S. Miller). 336. Fix i810 build warnings (#4000, Jarno Paananen). 335. Fix an i810 build problem (Keith Whitwell, #4000, Jarno Paananen). 334. Fix a multihead problem with the mga driver (Mark Vojkovich). 333. Add support to the i810 driver for the i815 (Keith Whitwell). 332. Add infrastructure support for cards with multiple CRTCs (screens) per accelerator (PCI entity) (Jeff Hartmann and David Dawes). 331. Fix some Mesa problems (Brian Paul).
#3936, 3940 212. Add support to the sunffb driver for multiple visuals on the same screen, overlays, double buffering and some other niceties (#3938, David S. Miller, Jakub Jelinek). 211. Make the modifier setting on Sun keyboards match what XFree86 expects (#3937, Jakub Jelinek). 210. Add unaccelerated support for the Sun CG6 (#3935, Jakub Jelinek). 209. Make the -configure option work with SBUS/UPA drivers, fix some bugs in the sbus layer, add support for ioctl based colormap setting, and fix leds on Sun keyboards (#3934, Jakub Jelinek). 208. Fix a parallel build problem in lib/dps (#3932, H. J. Lu). 207. Update the r128 driver to recosnise both variants of the Rage Mobility and the PCI variant of the Rage128 Pro (#3931, Michel Danzer). 206. Fix some build problems that show up with LynxOS x86 and PowerPC (#3929, Thomas Mueller). 205. Fix documentation files for the mutouch and elographics drivers, and build these drivers by default (#3935, Patrick Lecoanet). 204. Make the dga2 library use the device name provide by the driver rather than always using the default (3924, David S. Miller). 203. Fix a problem with the internal xalloc that shows up on Sparc (#3923, David S. Miller). 202. Fix a GLX visual problem that causes a crash at server shutdown (#3922, David S. Miller).
162. Fix possible SEGV in generic int10 module (Marc La France). 161. Fix *BSD aperture driver to allow for int10 (Bernd Ernesti, Marc La France). 160. Fix vesafb restore problem in ATI driver (Marc La France). 159. Fix a few more compilation glitches (Marc La France).
131. Remove Intel 440BX-specific resources from os-support layer (Marc La France). 130. Change ATI driver to mark VGA resources as unused in operating state when appropriate (Marc La France). 129. Fix bug in the generation of default screen layout (Marc La France). 128. Include all resource attributes when printing them (Marc La France). 127. Fix compiled-in input driver list (Marc La France). 126. Allow driver access to resource manipulation functions (Marc La France). Note: `make Everything` is insufficient to properly compile some of these changes.
Compile fixits Fix, -configure, yet again, for multiscreen with identical adapters. EDID formatting changes. 123. Fix mode setting bug in ATI driver (Marc La France). 122. Add int10, DDC & VBE support to ATI driver (Marc La France). 121. Allow driver to supply DDC module to VBE (Marc La France).
misc changes; check CHANGELOG entires 105-120
104. Add an XF86UnloadSubModule() entry (Marc La France).
94. Major OS/2 resync (#3859, Holger Veit).
73. Change xf86LoadModules() so that it doesn't quit at the first module that fails to load (David Dawes). 72. SIGIO doesn't work on Linux pipes, so diasble it for input devices which are pipes (#3835, Keith Packard). 71. Bring the SDK support up to date (#3834, David Bateman). 70. Fix an Xlib problem that causes an application crash when inputting cyrillic symbols with the koi8-r locale (and other locales with long esc-sequences) (#3833, Ivan Pascal, #A.15, Serguei Poliakov). 69. Fixes for S3 Trio3D/2X: - flickering for some cards (bad FIFO setting from bios). - workaround for 8MB ram (ramdac can access only 4MB). - adjust clock limits which have been too low. (#3832, Harald Koenig). 68. Fix v4l problem with a function being called after the module is unloaded (#3831, email@example.com). 67. Fixes for the PPC icache flushing code (#3830, Kostas Gewrgiou). 66. Fix for /tmp race installing man pages on OpenBSD (#3829, Matthieu Herrb). 65. Fix problems building the Xsun and XsunMono servers on NetBSD-current/sparc (#3828, Matthieu Herrb). 64. Add a comment to site.def about how to move the /etc/X11 contents to a directory under ProjectRoot (#3827, R Horn). 63. Fix an Xaw bug that shows up when usingn c-mode with xedit on Linux (#3824, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 62. Enable devfs support for the v4l driver (based on #3823, Christopher Sekiya). 61. Update for README.FreeBSD (#3822, Kazutaka Yokota). 60. Bump the video driver ABI major version because of interface changes (now 1.0). 59. Disable SilkenMouse when IO/MEM resource sharing means that it cannot be reliably used (#382o, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 58. Fix DGA 1.0 compatibility for mouse events and SetViewport behaviour (#3820, Keith Packard). 57. Fix the Linux APM code so that the X server doesn't hang the machine on suspend (#3820, Keith Packard and Egbert Eich). 56. Fix problems that break Overlay support in the glint driver (#3818, Michel Dänzer). 55. Possible fix for AvailableOptions function and submodule loading for the cirrus driver (David Dawes).
3903. Remove unnecessary VGA CRTC unlock/relock in cyrix driver (Marc La France). 3902. Fix ATI driver's 8514/A probe delay when one isn't present (Marc La France). 3901. Changes to -configure: ATI driver interface; Move default monitor tolerances to xf86ValidateModes(); Let drivers decide on default depth and mode; Don't "special-case" VGA driver. (Marc La France)
Add DDC probing support code to the common layer. Drivers will be updated shortly.
update formatted docs 3832. Add a "xf86LoaderCheckSymbol" function and use this in drivers to check if the vgahw module is loaded before calling vgaHWFreeHWRec() (David Dawes).
3799. Fix all other SaveScreen() functions, and add a helper xf86IsUnblank() that drivers can use to interpret the SaveScreen mode values (David Dawes). 3798. Fix GLINTSaveScreen's use of the second argument (#3706, Michel Danzer).
adding notification callbacks for server state change fixing a VT switch bug adding code to handle RAC and asynchronous events
fix unresolved symbols in linux/int10 and GLcore Update the find/search key definitions
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
Lots of updates to the -configure option. Make it multihead aware too. But doesn't write multihead config files yet.
Changes to DriverRec structure to allow passing of Driver options to the -configure option.
3554. Fix "controlization" in XLookupString for chars > 127 (#3569, Ivan Pascal). 3553. Take advantage of FB speedups in Tiny-X (#3568, Keith Packard). 3552. Speed up FB and do 32bit accesses instead of 64bit accesses (#3567, Keith Packard). 3551. Eliminate saving the contents of the screen durint VT switching (#3562, Keith Packard). 3550. Make using fb easier for driver writers (#3561, Keith Packard). 3549. Fix TCP font server connections (#3560, Keith Packard). 3548. Implement the "OverclockMem" option for the Millennium and Millennium II (#3558, Andrew Aitchison). 3547. Speed up some FB performance problems (#3557, 3559, 3560, Keith Packard). 3546. Work around a bad code generation bug in gcc 126.96.36.199 that shows up in XAA (#3550, Rik Faith). 3545. Add a -brief option to xclock to show only hours and minutes when in digital mode (#3549, Keith Packard). 3544. Fix some dead key problems with xkb symbols for Swiss French and Swiss German keyboards (#3546, Charles Lopes).
1534. Update s3_savage driver to support Savage3D, Savage4, and Savage2000 (#3444, Tim Roberts). 1533. Fix Linux keyboard rate setting code and remove floating point calculations (3440, Derek Fawcus).
3257. Out of memory fixes for the mi region code (#3323, 3324, Keith Packard). 3256. "Silken Mouse" support (#3323, Keith Packard).
3245. Fix text mode restoration when large modes are used in the ATI driver (#3318, Marc La France). 3244. Rendition driver update, including skeleton HW cursor and accelerated support (#3317, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach). 3243. Change mode validation to allow drivers to modify a mode before it is checked against the monitor's constraints (#3316, Marc La France). 3242. C&T driver fix (#3314, David Bateman). 3241. Change the ati mode validation strategy for programmable clocks to best refresh (#3313, Marc La France). 3240. Fix ATI Rage XL/XC & Mobility support so that it actually works this time (#3313, Marc La France). 3239. Update the xfsft code to version 1.1.7 (#3310, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3238. Remaining keyboard support for Solaris 8/x86, including keyboard beep, auto-repeat, keyboard LEDs, modifier keys (#3294, 3309, David Holland). 3237. Add xf86RegisterRootWindowProperty() - a mechanism for drivers etc to add properties to the root window before the screen is created (#3307, Andrew Aitchison). 3236. Fix two problems that may occur when some extension allocates a "font private index" while a font is already open (#3305, Bruno Haible). 3235. Xterm patch #118 (#3303, Thomas Dickey). 3234. Fix a typo in a dga header file (#3302, Mark Vojkovich). 3233. Update rendition name info in scanpci (#3301, Dejan Ilic). 3232. Getuid fix for scanpci (#3300, Marc La France). 3231. This patch will avoid compilation warnings when GCC 3.0 comes out (#3299, Bruno Haible). 3230. Fix some build warnings (#3298, Bruno Haible). 3229. Fix for the DebuggableLibraries support (#3297, Bruno Haible). 3228. Revert to always using bison instead of yacc on Linux (#3296, Bruno Haible). 3227. Fix XAA flags checking for the ScanlineImageWrite function (#3293, Alan Hourihane). 3226. Fix some problems wth the SiS 2x5 chipsets, and disable advertising support for the 201 and 202 chipsets (#3292, Juanjo Santamarta). 3225. Call SoftReset for MGA cards on PC-98 machines (#3291, Isao Ohishi). 3224. Use the int10 soft booter to get a non-primary voodoo3 card to work with the tdfx driver (#3290, Henrik Harmsen). 3223. Fixes for the i740 and neomagic drivers (#3289, Jeff Hartmann). 3222. Enable compiling ico on systems with pre-standard pthread API (e.g., LynxOS), and fix a problem where a condition variable is used without holding the corresponding mutex (#3288, Thomas Mueller). 3221. Add soft-booting capability to the glint and nv drivers (#3287, Jarno Paananen). 3220. Xterm patch #117 (#3285, Thomas Dickey). 3219. Fix xf8_32bpp's VT switching by restoring the previous xf86SaveRestoreImage() into it (#3284, Marc La France). 3218. Remove duplicate symbol in misym.c (#3283, Alan Hourihane).
3188. Turn MGA soft reset stuff back on but modified so that it doesn't poll for fifos in case the PLLs aren't powered up (#3254, Mark Vojkovich). 3187. Xterm patch #115 (#3253, Thomas Dickey). 3186. Comment out some of the CacheBlit tiling code since the logic is not quite correct and it can get stuck in an endless loop in some cases (#3250, Mark Vojkovich). 3185. Fix tseng 24 bpp mode (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3184. Fix et4000W32p font corruption with ColorExpandScanline in modes > 8bpp (#3249, Egbert Eich). 3183. Add Solaris 8 support (#3241, 3247, David Holland). 3182. Fix some build problems in the Type1 code that show up on Solaris 8 (#3241, David Holland). 3181. Add an ISO8859-1 version of the "micro" font (#3246, Mark Montague). 3180. Minor DDC code improvement: xf86PrintEDID() now returns pointer to monitor structure (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3179. Problem with RAC wrapper (hopefully) fixed (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3178. Neomagic ScreenToScreenCopy bug fix (#3245, Egbert Eich). 3177. Initial INT10 module (Linux-only so far) (#3245, 3248, 3251, Egbert Eich). 3176. Update the DRM Linux kernel module to match that in the Linux 2.3.18 tree, and update libdrm and the DRI routines that use libdrm to reflect changes in the Linux kernel (#3244, Rik Faith). 3175. Fix a WarpPointer bug in Xinerama (#3243, 3252, Mark Vojkovich). 3174. Fix a seg fault when changing DGA mode (#3242, Loic Grenie). 3173. Xterm patch #114 (#3240, Thomas Dickey). 3172. Fix an XAA GC validation problem with Polygons for some fillStyles in some situations (#3239, Mark Vojkovich). 3171. Fix an incorrect method for preallocating a color on the default map (#3237, Mark Vojkovich). 3170. Fix a bad assumption in the XAA NonTE text rendering code (#3236, Mark Vojkovich). 3169. An attempt to autodetect the G400 Max and set the max pixel clock appropriately (#3235, Mark Vojkovich). 3168. Fix shadowfb problems when drawing is done while switched out (#3234, Marc La France). 3167. Attempt to autodetect SDRAM in the MGA driver for the primary head (#3233, Mark Vojkovich). 3166. Make Window->Pixmap copies in Xinerama less broken (#3232, Mark Vojkovich). 3165. Fix a bug in the Xinerama ShmGetImage support added in the last alpha (#3230, Mark Vojkovich). 3164. New cursor warping code. This implements the new way of specifying screen positions in the ServerLayout config file section (#3229, Mark Vojkovich). 3163. Add a xf86CheckMTRR function which returns TRUE when changing the MTRR setting is supported and enabled (#3227, Alan Hourihane). 3162. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with the 3.3.x version (#3226, Marc La France). 3161. Make 8+24 work on Matrox 2064w (Millennium I) with >4MB (#3224, Mark Montague). 3160. Make xdpyinfo -ext XFree86-VidModeExtension print the current mode line (#3223, Andrew Aitchison). 3159. Minor fix to Xnest Imakefile (#3222, Marc La France). 3158. Make the wrapping or replacement of ScreenRec region code function pointers reliable when NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS is #define'd (#3221, Marc La France). 3157. Remove ScreenRec region code function pointers (except BitmapToRegion) when the server is compiled with NEED_SCREEN_REGIONS #undef'ined (#3221, Marc La France). 3156. Fix memory leak during resource broker initialisation (#3220, Marc La France). 3155. During broker initialisation, use both system and non-system PCI resources to "trim" OS resources. Among other things, this allows the maximum memory limit to be bumped back up to 2G (#3220, Marc La France). 3154. Temporarily allow a driver to register resources that only conflict with resources whose size the common layer has only estimated (#3220, Marc La France). 3153. ATI driver updates, including: - Add option to display on the CRT interface whether or not a digital flat panel is detected. - Add support for ShadowFB (adapted from Henrik Harmsen). - Always read BIOS from legacy location for adapters found enabled on server entry. - Ensure the primary CRTC is always used for the CRT interface. - Fix determination of panel dimensions with older BIOS's. - Stop driver when panel dimensions cannot be determined. (#3219, Marc La France). 3152. Thread-related updates to 'ico' (#3217, Carlos A M dos Santos). 3151. Fix a build problem on 64-bit platforms introduced in 3.9.16a (#3216, Matt Grossman).
2970. Modify DDC for neomagic (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2969. Add DDC support for the S3 ViRGE (DDC2 untested) (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2968. Fix DDC2 support for MGA and C&T drivers (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2967. Add a call to xf86SetPciVideo(NULL,NONE) after each probe (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2966. Modified registration of the OS access windows (#3139, Egbert Eich). 2965. Some Xaw and xedit fixes (#3138, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2964. Next round of the font ansification and warning removal (#3135, Matthieu Herrb). 2963. Fix ATI 18800-x detection problem (#3133, Marc La France). 2962. Check for limitations on vertical blending in panel support for the ATI driver (#3133, Marc La France). 2961. Update ATI driver to complain about bad BIOS data (#3133, Marc La France). 2960. Man page corrections for the MGA driver (#3132, Mark Vojkovich). 2959. Limit PCI BIOS apertures to 16MB as per the PCI 2.1 spec (#3131, Marc La France). 2958. Assume a system has up to 1G of physical memory installed, rather than 2G (#3130, Marc La France). 2957. Fix a bug in the handling for buggy VGA CRTCs (#3129, Marc La France). 2956. Fix to build the mga driver with the driver SDK (#3128, David Bateman). 2955. Xterm patch #113 (#3125, Thomas Dickey). 2954. Port the XAA cfb copyplane functions, adding them to the cfb code (#3124, 3126, 3127, David Bateman).
XFree86 3.9.15a (1 August 1999) 2934. Reduce memory consumption of the bitmap font backends when using sparse fonts, which is important when using Unicode-encoded fonts (#3092, Juliusz Chroboczek). 2933. Fix Option register initialisation in multi-head for MGA 2064/2164 (#3089, Andrew Aitchison). 2931. Add SuperProbe for NetBSD 1.4 wscons (#3083, Matthias Drochner). 2930. Fix button and modifier key state problems in DGA (#3082, Mark Vojkovich). 2929. Avoid a possible segsegmentation fault in "xsm" which, for example, occurs local hostname can't be resolved (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 2928. ATI driver updates, including: - Add preliminary panel support. - Rework RAC interface. - PCI VGA's not on primary bus are now detected. - Fix bug when an adapter's VGA has been disabled. - Fix gamma support. (#3069, Marc La France) 2927. Fix 8514/A pre-defined resource and pre-define VGA sparse I/O resources (#3069, 3081, Marc La France). 2926. Fix a bug in the registration of background device BIOS'es (#3069, Marc La France). 2925. Invert the meaning of ResMinimised bit into ResEstimated (#3069, Marc La France). 2924. Allow drivers to print resource lists, and allow them to enable/disable adapters before creating bus slots for them (#3069, Marc La France). 2923. Resync SuperProbe and scanpci with 3.3.x (#3069, Marc La France). 2922. Add some missing man pages for the DGA and VidMode extensions (#3064, Joe Moss). 2921. Some changes to the DGA and colormap layers to allow gamma changes during DGA mode (#3060, Mark Vojkovich). 2920. Fix XIM segv error (#3033, 3051, Manabe Takashi). 2919. Add a client state callback to the DGA extension so that the server side can be cleaned up when a DGA client exits (#3048, 3049, Mark Vojkovich). 2918. Update the FreeBSD/mouse documentation (#3047, Kazutaka Yokota). 2917. Fix an undocumented blitter constraint on the G200 (#3046, Mark Vojkovich). 2916. Fix the MGA driver sot hat it can support changing depth on the fly in DGA mode. All depths are now offered to DGA clients regardless of what the screen's main depth is (#3045, Mark Vojkovich).
2877. Add code to the mga driver to handle PC98 architecture machines (Takaaki Nomura). 2876. Add a global (ServerFlags) "PC98" Option for the Japanese PC98 architecture, and add a function xf86IsPc98() that drivers can call to check for this.
2860. Remove the s3virge fifo_ changes introduced in 3.9Pu, update the DGA2 support and docs (#2994, Kevin Brosius). 2859. Initial attempt to get the XFree86-Misc again (#2993, Joe Moss). 2858. Remove XAASync() (#2992, Rik Faith). 2857. Cleanup the TGA driver's hw cursor code, remove global variables in in the "accel" files, and fix up the RAC support (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2856. Add partial support for color expands to the 8-bit TGA driver (#2991, Matt Grossman). 2855. Re-enable DDC2 support in the MGA driver (#2989, Andrew Aitchison). 2854. Add missing TIOC defines for Interactive Unix to xf86_OSlib.h (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2853. Don't register the Xqueue mouse handler for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2852. Don't include sys/mman.h in cidchar.c when USE_MMAP isn't defined (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Disable BuildXF86DRI and BuildXF86DRIDriverSupport for Interactive Unix (#2990, Michael Rohleder). 2851. Update the apm (Alliance ProMotion) driver (#2987, 2988, Loic Grenie). 2850. Fix a problem with the xf86config screen configuration that was introduced with the removal of "32bpp" (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2849. Add a DefaultDepth configuration page to xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2848. Add the inputDevice examples from XF86Config.eg to config files generated by xf86config (#2986, Matthieu Herrb). 2847. Modify the vgahw module to allow it to save/restore more than the standard number VGA CRTC, Sequencer, Graphics and Attribute registers (2985, Jeff Garzik). 2846. Add DDC information to the release notes (#2984, Andrew Aitchison). 2845. Change XDGAChangePixmapMode to return the X-Y position of the pixmap in case the server is not able to place it exactly where requested (#2983, Mark Vojkovich). 2844. Fix some problems with unfavorable alignment of XAA offscreen pixmap (#2982, Mark Vojkovich). 2843. Some XAA speedups for NonTE text in certain cases (#2981, Mark Vojkovich).
2835. Fix for GetBlock() (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2834. Remove the test for SHAREDIOCLASS when creating a pciAccessInfoRec for a device (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2833. Modified BIOS ROM handling, doing validation only on demand (#2974, Egbert Eich). 2832. Add a ChangeGamma function to the ScrnInfoRec, which allows drivers to optionally provide a function to do this instead of the default one provided by the colormap layer (#2972, Mark Vojkovich). 2831. Sis driver memclock fixes (#2971, Bart Oldeman, Juanjo Santamarta). 2830. Add snprintf() and vsnprintf() to libc emulation (#2970, Marc La France). 2829. Increase array size in PciInfo data (#2970, Marc La France). 2828. Add a LoaderRefSymbols() function (#2970, Marc La France). 2827. When matching fixed clocks, prefer non-CLKDIV2 modes over CLKDIV2 modes (#2970, Marc La France). 2826. Reinstate xf86GetPciConfigInfo() and some warning fixes (#2970, Marc La France). 2825. Build libXext and libX11 client-side libraries when also building GLX, despite BuildServersOnly (#2970, Marc La France). 2824. Update ATI doc (#2970, Marc La France). 2823. ATI driver from 188.8.131.52 (rac interface is preliminary, no LCD panel or Rage 128 support yet) (#2970, Marc La France). 2822. Fix Ukrainian_GHE_with_upturn double definition error (#2969, Peter Novodvorsky).
2816. Add some imake rules to allow easy compilation of .c files to assembler. 2815. Use SpecialCObjectRule() in favour of SpecialObjectRule(). 2814. Fix lots of 64-bit problems in XAA (#2967, Mark Vojkovich). 2813. Add a new DGA request to allow switching the DGA pixmap from one the size of the framebuffer to one the size of the viewport that you can move around (#2966, Mark Vojkovich). 2812. Make sure that all Xinerama heads have the same root window depth, and don't advertise backing store or save unders as being available unless it's available on all heads (#2965, Mark Vojkovich). 2811. Some Xaw and xedit updates (#2964, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2810. Some DRI updates (#2962, Rik Faith). 2809. Fix a double-free problem in the mouse driver (#2959, Egbert Eich). 2808. Add some debugging code to xalloc.c to detect and allow trapping of double xfree() calls (#2954, Egbert Eich). 2807. Add Single GLINT MX support for Direct Rendering, which now allows ELSA Gloria XXL to take part in this (#2592, 2955, 2957, 2958, Alan Hourihane and #2960, Rik Faith). 2806. Add ScanlineCPU function to the glint driver for PM2 when pci retries aren't used (#2952, Alan Hourihane). 2805. Use mediumraw keyboard mode for LinuxPPC (#2946, Gerd Knorr). 2806. Xterm patch #110 (#2943, Thomas Dickey). 2803. Add CyberBlade/i7 (Socket 7), CyberBlade/i7 DSTN (Laptop Socket 7) and CyberBlade/i1 (Slot 1) support to the trident driver (#2940, Alan Hourihane). 2802. Some new PCI ids for Cyberblades and Via MVP4 (#2939, Alan Hourihane). 2801. Replace `__volatile__' in xf86drm.h with `volatile' (#2938, Takaaki Nomura). 2800. Fix a problem with the umask not being reset in some cases in the xtrans code (#2936, Bill Nottingham). 2799. Improve the latency associated with writing to the PCI config space, which is important for RAC to work efficiently (Egbert Eich).
2797. Xaw and xedit updates (#2932, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2796. Make the "fifo_conservative" memory settings default for the s3virge accelerator (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2795. Preliminary DGA2 code for the s3virge driver (#2931, Kevin Brosius). 2794. Updates to PI's DRI sample implementation, including: - Dynamic loading of the OpenGL client driver is implemented - 3D client death while holding the drawable lock does not cause deadlock - The kernel module works with Linux 2.2.x [x <= 10] and 2.3.y [y <= 8] - A better authentication mechanism has been implemented - XF86Config options for the DRI are supported (#2929, Precision Insight). 2793. Add functions to the FBManager to query the largest size available and to purge all areas that aren't nailed down (#2928, Mark Vojkovich). 2792. Fix some serious performance problems with Xinerama when the number of resource IDs becomes large (#2927, Carsten Haitzler). 2791. Remove the significant RGB bits check from Xinerama visual eliminations (#2926, Mark Vojkovich). 2790. Fix a typo in xmodmap and xstdcmap (#2924, Matthieu Herrb). 2789. Fix the type of the OverclockMem Option in the MGA driver (#2922, Andrew Aitchison). 2788. Fix PCI resource handling problems that were showing up with the glint driver (#2918, Egbert Eich). 2787. Fix a problem building some Makefiles when JoystickSupport is enabled (#2917, Todd Fries). 2786. Fix a typo in the RAC support for the glint driver (#2915, Jens Owen). 2785. Fix a RAC-related build problem on 64-bit machines (#2913, Matt Grossman). 2784. Some afb-related updates (#2911, Sven Luther). 2783. Fix race condition in xinit (Nate Eldredge, Mark Montague).
2756. Fix for DPMS with the new RAC (Itai Nahshon). 2755. RAC updates, including changing the way PCI resource validation works (Egbert Eich). 2754. Update the TGA driver for the new RAC (#2886, Matt Grossman). 2753. Fix a fatal event problem with DGA 2.0 (#2884, Mark Vojkovich). 2752. Fix some macros in xf86str.h that conflict with system headers on some platforms (#2883, 2888, Matt Grossman).
2741. Add some functions to the common layer to allow drivers to register input handling functions, and modify the pm2_video code to make use of this instead of the XInput code (David Dawes). some Xinput updates
2727. Increase the MAXSCREENS value from 4 to 16 (Egbert Eich). 2726. Add support for printing out PCI-PCI bridge header information correctly (Egbert Eich). 2725. New RAC (Resource Access Control) code (Egbert Eich). 2723. An attempt at allowing the server to correct the /tmp/.X11-unix directory when it is possible to do so safely (David Dawes).
fix some problems
RAC patch 25
RAC patches 23 and 24
RAC patch 17 from Egbert
RAC patch 16 from Egbert
2647. CID updates (third submission) (#2769, Ivan Bach, SGI). 2646. Kludge to allow a server with the glint driver to link without XInput (#2788, Marc La France). 2645. Remove unused dacSpeeds field from the ScrnInfoRec (#2788, Marc La France). 2644. Add an option to the colourmap code to allow a driver's LoadPalette() to be called even when switched out (#2788, Marc La France). 2643. Add more reasons for rejecting a mode (#2788, Marc La France). 2642. Factor in the log verbosity when reporting the verbosity to a driver (#2788, Marc La France). 2641. Allow xf86GetClocks() to be called with NULL ProtectRegs() and BlankScreen() functions (#2788, Marc La France). 2640. When deleting a screen, also free its mode lists and options (#2788, Marc La France). 2639. Allow a driver to determine if -probeonly was specified (#2788, Marc La France). 2638. Fix a large jump in changelog numbering that happened a little while ago (#2788, Marc La France). 2637. Various warning and include fixes (#2788, Marc La France). 2636. Xterm patch #103 (#2786, Thomas Dickey). 2635. SiS driver updates, including fixing the SetMClk option, change solid lines from bresenham to two-point, correct a clippling bug, and change the verbose level of some messages (#2784, 2785, Juanjo Santamarta). 2634. Fix a server loop that can happen when VT switching while a grab is in progress (#2782, Edward Wang).
RAC patches 11 and 12 from Egbert
First stage of converting the mouse driver
RAC patch #10 from Egbert
A little more on the input device changes. Update some obsolete email addresses
fix and XKB and encodings.dir bug some preliminary input device unification changes
RAC patches 8 and 9 from Egbert
RAC patches 6 and 7 from Egbert.
Fifth RAC patch from Egbert
Some more of the new RAC code from Egbert.
1325. Add SiS530/620 support (Xavier Ducoin, Dirk Hohndel). 1324. Fix a problem in X11.rules and fix an uninitialized structure in XF86_Mouse.c (#2698, Matthieu Herrb). 1323. Add wsmouse protocol support for NetBSD 1.4 and update host.def in etc/bindist/NetBSD-x86 to use the Tcl/Tk package from /usr/pkg (#2698, Matthieu Herrb). 1322. Add TNT2 support and add more acceleration for NVIDIA chipsets (#2697, David Schmenk, NVIDIA). 1321. Change xterm to use the tty default value for the backspace key (#2692, Tom Dickey). 1320. Fix typo in XF86Conf manpage (#2691, Itai Noahshon).
first patch for new RAC code from Egbert.
Finish off the 3.9Nv branch
rework MapVidMem functions
Mesa build cleanups. Some code that the new RAC will make use of.
fix a build problem
Fix signedness problems in the libc wrapper Add xf86GetPciConfigInfo() for Marc
2412. Add VESA default modes, small perl hack to create an initialized data structure from them, and the code to use those modes as default if no other modes with the same name are defined (Dirk Hohndel).
remove unused prototype
patches #2468 and scanpci changes
patches #2456-2465 and scanpci changes
2408-2413, update depth 24 handling, and enable 24/32bpp for other drivers
fix depth 1&4 crash
some PCI-related RAC updates
some experimental RAC/PCI stuff
Remove the KEEP_BPP ifdefs
rework the depth/bpp/pixmap format handling
Main branch patches from 2338-2358, except X-TT. Some loader updates
patches for 3.9Nn
The outstanding patches for 3.3.3 Note that some may be missing (as I cannot get to part of my mail again) and that there are a few that have not been applied since I need to look through them a little more carefully (esp. 2051 and 2082). This includes changes 2042,2046,2047,2049,2053,2054,2058,2059,2061,2062,2064,2065,2068-2081
patches for 3.9Ni
X11R6.4 public patch 3
X11R6.4 public patch 0
patches for 3.9Ng
updates for 3.9Nf
fix build problems
main branch patches from #1957-1971
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
patches 1789 - 1820
Replace SaveScreen with BlankScreen in xf86GetClocks Fix some DPMS stuff
Some tweaking of the modified module handling to make it cleaner Update DESIGN for the recent changes
Make the ScrnInfoRec.privates field persistent
loader updates and rework of how drivers load modules
#1753,1754,1757,1759-1761,1767-1771 + Tseng updates and fix for CRTC blanking.
back out #1721, 1723
#1712,1715,1716,1719,1721,1723,1724,1730,1742,1744,1746 Not even compile tested, yet
Use SetupProc instead of the module MAGIC stuff
Updates for different pixmap/fb bpp
Update the DPMS and DGA support in the common layer
Marc's recent patches, and a few other minor things.
add functions for accessing most globals more general cleanups
Clean out common_hw Update the PCI code, and put it in os-support/bus/. Continue the cleanup of headers and prototyping
Lots of build cleanups and updates Static server support More loader updates
Add a helper to simply ChipProbe() for PCI drivers
Updates to the option handling
Some (experimental) option handling code
more symbol-related fixes
Most recent set of changes from Marc, including the mibank code.
#1605-1616builds static servers okVGA16 and SVGA run fineSVGA dies with an undefined CloseSreen member of pScreen when exitingthe last client
build fixes for Linux
prepare for 3.3.1f
patches #1419-1427,1432-1435,1438-1441 (not compile tested, yet)
add mouse patch #1380 and fix nv driver
mouse patch #1380
resync parser with Metro's recent patches and add some missing processing of the parser output
working unaccel mga driver
Progress continues ...
Metro Link patches
a little more ...
A little more work on modifying the mga driver -- still lots to go.
Some more work on vgahw and the generic vga driver.
patches 1070,1081,1083-1099,1108 plus glint changes
patches #1041,1044-1047,1050-1058,1061-1065,1069,1072; I didn't include the contrib patches and the patches from Louis Kruger, as well as the TOG stuff; this is not build tested, yet
preparing for 3.9k,#773,775-781,783,790,796,797,799,802,805,806,808,810,817,818,825
Fix loader problem with directories containing '.', plus a few other minor things.
Add some things to the parser, and fix a SEGV
updates, including IO stuff for Linux and BSD
getting XF86_LOADER to build
mode-related changes and merge
new parser and first attempts to use it
Some more compile fixes + fix/add some helper functions
common now compiles
This fixes a lot of the include/build problems.
Fix some build problems
Cleanup a few things, add in some of the Metro Link multi-screen changes, remove the XF86_*.c files (left in XF86_LOADER.c for now so we can still look at it).
xf86Cursor.c and DGA changes
Mostly changes for a more portable (but untested so far) method of saving the framebuffer contents at VT switch.
the state of things so far
Changes so far
updates for 3.3b
make xqueue synchronous
Fix some build problems
#684-686,692-694,701,702,704,711-712 -- 703 didn't apply cleanly to 3.9 so I only applied it to 3.3
all the 3.3 stuff for 3.9 (I won't list all the patch numbers...)
resync with 3.3 branch
patches #397,402,404,406,407,409 for 3.9c
patches 396-410 for 3.2Xe
Harald's #395 patch, and some xf86site.def updates
Most changes up to 3.2Ac (ie, pre-loader) Patches submitted for the 3.3 branch up to #358 (can't find Harm's cirrus patch though) TOG fix-trackers up to #358
Those of #310-358 appropriate for the main branch
#258 and some new files
patches 221-257 without the GLX changes
get all the changes for the unified drivers plus some work for GLINT checked in; I expect that this will not compile on most platforms at this point
patches 88-99 plus changes to get VGA16 working (but it doesn't, yet); this is checked in so I can test it on the interlabs machines
Add patches 73-82 and 83-87 Change loader to treat ModuleInit as special function Change all modules to use ModuleInit/ServerInit Add support for multi element ModulePath Add heuristic to find the module based on partial names
#54, 56, 57, 59-72 (for 3.2Ah)
First stab at getting PEX to be loadable as new style module. Fixes to the Imakefile configuration for new style / old style extensions. Some additional functions in libc_wrapper.
preparation for XFree86-3.2Ad, includes first cut of the Metro Link loader code
disabling non-SVGA et4k driver, adding flags patches for ValidMode, Geert's patches
X11R6 pre-R6.3 seq-4282
X11R6.1 beta (seq-4104)
X11R6.1 beta (seq-4010)
prelim fix-11 merge
X11R6 Public Patch 11 (prelim version)
"ramdac" Xconfig keyword
Update ScrnInfoRec initialisation, and prelim ELSA Winner 1000Pro support
X11R6 Public Patch 0