CVS log for xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/compiler.h
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
218. Platforms-specific build/warning fixes (David Dawes).
216. Linux/alpha, Linux/amd64, Linux/ppc, Solaris/sparc build/warning fixes (David Dawes).
211. Some Linux/alpha and Linux/ppc build/warning fixes (David Dawes).
Remove most foreign cvs keywords.
85. Make the AMD64/x86_64 platform tests consistent throughout the source tree (David Dawes, Bugzilla #1599, reported by Dejan Lesjak).
77. Make I/O error handling more reliable on SPARC (Marc La France)
61. Updates for the SCO port: - Update the transport layer code to allow the LOCAL SCO connection type to be used for more than just X protocol connections. - Handle the XFree86 server's reassignment of stdin and stdout at startup more cleanly. - Cleanup the mix of SCO-related preprocessor symbols, unifying them to "__SCO__". (Bugzilla #1301, Kean Johnston).
802. Licence update. (except client-side libraries)
Build fixes for SunPro C.
Potential for "xf86ReadMmio32 not found" with DRI on Alpha.
IRIX build and warning fixes
475. APM driver: . improved clock parameter calculation. . Fixed order of initialization of cursor. . Fixed restauration of grapical text mode. . Added YUY2 video format. . Corrected accel framebuffer pitches and max screen height (BugzillaR #528, Egbert Eich). 474. Moved DisableMMIO() out of the unmap() function, added call to EnableMMIO() to EnterVT() to work around lockup problems when switching between two Xserver (BugzillaR #748, Egbert Eich). 473. Fixed problem with text widget in Xaw when widget has a different depth than the default visual (Bugzilla #745, Wolfram Gloger). 472. Fixed Sig11 when calling X -query with no ipv6 support in kernel (BugzillaR #737, Egbert Eich). 471. Added support for Sparc64 and AMD64 on FreeBSD. This patch also disables warnings from system headers, fixes some elf relocations also relevant for other platforms and disables translation of KEY_SysReqest and KEY_Break on sparc64. (Bugzilla #739, Eric Anholt). 470. Switched VIA video driver to fillkey helper function (Bugzilla #525, Alan Cox). 469. Fixed CRT modes > FP panel size for siliconmotion (Bugzilla #727, Hugues Fournier). 468. Fixed xedit coredumps: update counter of free objects when getting an object from the list (BugzillaR #722, Egbert Eich). 467. Fixed definititon of UseInstalledOnCrossCompile so that it never is undefined (Harlod L. Hunt II). 466. Add the 'b' flag to fopen() when opening binary xkm files. This is irrelevant for *nix OSes, but reqired for Cygwin. (Bugzilla #689, Harold L Hunt II). 465. Cygwin: * MultiWindow Mode: Automatically validate the size of windows that are being resized. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Safely shutdown the MultiWindow Mode and Clipboard Manager threads on server shutdown. (Earle F. Philhower III) * MultiWindow Mode - Fix a crash from a string copy bug. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Add lots of defaults for keyboardlayout. (Alexander Gottwald) * Add a system tha allows arbitrary commands to be added to the tray menu icon. (Earle F. Philhower III) * Print the name of the keyboardlayout to aid in adding more layouts. (Alexander Gottwald) * Stop printing the IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt() failure messages after 10 times. (Harold L Hunt II) * Disable check for pc105 keyboard and just assume that it is present. This check was causing problems with certain keyboard drivers that failed to report that a pc105 keyboard was present. (Alexander Gottwald) * MultiWindow Mode - Add handling for WM_CHANGE_STATE IconicState messages; minimize the associated Windows window when these messages are received. (Harold L Hunt II). Submitted: (Bugzilla #704, Harold L. Hunt). 464. cygwin.cf: * removed BuildDPS flag. * Changed Alloca flag as Cygwin 1.5.x supports alloca, now. * Use external expat package by default. * Changed XawI18nDefines to utilize improved wide char suoort in Cygwin 1.5.x. (Bugzilla #699, Harold L. Hunt II). 463. Fixed C&T panel register setting (Akira Taniguchi, Egbert Eich). 462. Fixing crash on ia64 because of wrong setjmp buffer alignment (Bugzilla #596, John Dennis). 461. Changing ImPS/2 mouse Z-axis range to -8 to 7 (Bugzilla #691, Matthew W. S. Bell, Egbert Eich). 460. Making sure the compiled xkb config file is found by Xnest if ProjectRoot is modified (Bugzilla #688, Frank Giessler). 459. Fixing build of machine code .S files on OS/2 (Bugzilla #689, Frank Giessler). - Changed wording of message which is printed by the bigfont extension when shm support doesn't exist (Bugzilla #698, Harold Hunt).
Add/update copyright and license notices.
254. Replaced inline asms with compier intrinsics for Intel compiler (Bugzilla #427, Slava Sysoltsev). 253. Partly fixed build problems caused by mkfontdir replacement (BugzillaR #425, Egbert Eich).
214. Changed any occurance of x86_64 to AMD64, the official name of the architecture (Egbert Eich). 213. Removed Copyright sign from man pages as this causes some formatters to choke (Egbert Eich).
797. Fix for memory fences on PowerPC (Marc La France).
Remove code dependence on !defined(__GNUC__) == 0, which gcc -Wundef understandably can't detect.
616. Fix some Linux/Alpha (with domain support) build and runtime problems (#5532, Jeff Wiedemeier).
536. Attempt to fix bitblt problems when doing offscreen pixmaps in i810 (Egbert Eich). 535. Change Build rule so that x86 assembler code for MESA can be completely disabled on i386 (Egbert Eich). 534. Added IEEE Optimization for x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 533. Initialized fullscreen in DRIscreenPrivate to a vaild value (Egbert Eich). 532. Fixed module loader to map memory in the low 32bit address space on x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 531. Shifted Keypad delete: added KP_Separator for de_DE and de_CH keyboard. 530. Added sanity checks to various scripts (Egbert Eich). 529. Fixed Trident RGB16 video playback mode (Alastair Robinsion). 528. i810 only set OVRACT register when TVout isn't enabled (Sebastien BASTARD, Matthew J. Sottek, Egbert Eich). 527. Record changes of BusMaster state so that pciDisable/Enable/Mem/Io don't override these (Egbert Eich). 526. Fixed RAC code: when no resources are shared chips may still need RAC for bus access if both require non overlapping parts of the VGA resources (Egbert Eich). 525. Fix for resource registration of C&T and Tdfx driver (Egbert Eich). 524. Prevent core dumps in Xutf8Reset/Lookup code of Xlib (Masaru Yokoi). 523. Added support for BE systems for C&T driver (Michael Stephen Hanni). 522. Added support for special keys found on many ACPI control, Easy Access Keyboards, Internet keyboards, laptops, notebooks and PDA (via xkb/symbols/inet). Added new key symbols for these keyboards (Stanislav Brabec). 521. Fixed some problems with ininite loops which where introduced with the host bridge specific code (Egbert Eich). 520. AXP domain support (Jeff Wiedemeier). 519. Added -m32 flag to c++ when build on ia32 (Egbert Eich). 518. Support for R_ALPHA_GPRELHIGH und R_ALPHA_GPRELL on Alpha used by gcc 3.2 (Stefan Reinauer). 517. Added rule to be able to use Numlock key on broken IBM keyboards (Stefan Dirsch). 516. Fixed Xlib build rules so it builds a truly static library again (Egbert Eich).
Server support for alpha architecture on OpenBSD >= 3.2
319. Moved LdPreLib define after the vendor/OS specific config files as it may depend on setting done there (Egbert Eich). 318. Several fixes for cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 317. Added code to allow for building of static only libraries with -fPIC for platforms which require it (Egbert Eich). 316. Added '-m32' to gcc flags as default for ia32 builds when gcc version is >= 3.1. This allows building a 32 bit Version of X on 64bit x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 315. Changed direct calls of ld to 'gcc -nostdlib' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 314. Changed calls to as to 'gcc -c -x assembler-with-cpp' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 313. Added '-fno-strict-aliasing' flag to gcc version >= 3.1 (Egbert Eich). Strict requires that one address must not contain pointers to different types - a feature heavily used by X (Egbert Eich). 312. Fixed a core dump problem in libXtt (?) (Egbert Eich). 311. Removed '#pragma pack' from structures that contain function pointers in x86emu. This causes problems on gcc 3.1 for ia64 (Egbert Eich). 310. Added defines for missing X types to saverproto.h (Egbert Eich). 309. Fixed compiler warings generated by gcc >= 3.1 in mesa drivers (Egbert Eich). 308. For platforms that allow both 32 and 64 bit libraries to be executed split Xlib i18n modules path into <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common and <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib64/common. 'lib64' has been defined to be the default path for 64bit shared libraries on these platforms (Egbert Eich). 307. Fixed obvious typo in OMlib (Egbert Eich). 306. Fixed code in cfb that didn't comply with C sequence rules. Modern C compilers tend to be more aggressive on code reordering (Egbert Eich). 305. Changed arguments of NoopDDA() from VarArgs to void. Handling of VarArgs by gcc isn't compatible with the way it was used on certain platforms (Egbert Eich). 304. Added support for 32bit pixmaps for 24bit overlay framebuffers in fb overlay code (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed kdrive to print a meaningful error message instead of just core dump when no matching graphics cards is found (Egbert Eich). 302. fixed portability bug in xwd (Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>) 301. fixed X Server crash, which happended each time a proportional iso10646 font was loaded with xtt backend (Yong Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>) 300. Added some ARM specific fixes to compiler.h (Uli Hecht). 299. Added a virtual 'dummy' driver (Egbert Eich). 298. Fixed core dump when certain access functions are not set in xf86Bus.c (Egbert Eich). 297. Fixed problem where SIGIO could be disabled after a server reset. 296. Added configurable list of devices the xf86Misc extension is allowed to change the mouse device to (Egbert Eich). 295. Changed default mouse type to 'auto' when generating config file with '-configure' (Egbert Eich). 294. Made sure keyboard modifier settings are consistent after exit from DGA when the xkb extension is used (Egbert Eich). 293. Disabled keyboard processing when Xserver is suspended by power management. This allows effective locking of laptops when stolen (Egbert Eich). 292. Added/improved options for lockfile syncing (Egbert Eich). 291. Added support for backup copy of Xserver logfile (Egbert Eich). 290. Fixed GetTimeInMillis() to use deltas instead of absolute time returend by gettimeofday(). This ensures time is monotonic in X (Egbert Eich). 289. Fixed xf86Misc extension to allow modification of Expps2 mice (Egbert Eich). 288. Made code in xf86MiscExt.c more readable (Egbert Eich). 287. Fixed PCI CardBus bridge handling (Egbert Eich). 286. Added code to reenable PCI bus mastering after coming back from a VT switch to radeon driver (Charl P. Botha <http://cpbotha.net/>) (Egbert Eich). 285. Dito for r128 driver (M. Harris). 284. Dito for glint and mga driver (Egbert Eich). 283. Fixed double scan issues for low res modes in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 282. Set rgbBits to 8 for all HiQV chips in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 281. Moved initialization of accel funtions past initialization of offscreen fb manager in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 280. Fixed initialization of video in chips driver (?). 279. Fixed HALlib problem restoring text mode on G550 (Egbert Eich). 278. Restructured and included Matrox's Merged Framebuffer changes to mga driver (Egbert Eich). 277. G450/550 clockchip programming fixes (Matrox). 276. Fixed HW Cursor for HALlib frame granularity (Egbert Eich). 275. Enabling 2D accel in 24-bit for neomagic 2360 and 2380 (Egbert Eich). 274. Added support for builtin 1024x480 mode of Sony subnotebooks for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 273. Fixed support for lowRes (320x240) modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 272. Fixed RAC function registration in S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 271. Added some voodoo to screen initialization of S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 270. Fixed vbe/int10 support in SMI driver. It used to core dump when BIOS was not usable (Egbert Eich). 269. Separated BRIGHTNESS and and CAPTURE_BRIGNTESS video attributes in smi driver: CAPTURE_BRIGHTNESS refers to the capture chip (ie. Philips SAA7110) while BRIGHTNESS controls the video overlay of the SMI chip itself (Egbert Eich). 268. Disable automatic loading of DRI when running SUN ffb as this is inconsistent with other drivers (Thorsten Kukuk). 267. Fixed Gamma/Brightness code in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 266. Added FpDelay debugging option (Egbert Eich). 260. Fixed video support for Trident 9397 (Egbert Eich). 265. Fixed Cursor/VT switch support for vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 264. Fixed Blit problems in vmware driver when running KDE (Egbert Eich). 263. Added RENDER support to vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 262. Added C&T 69030 to extrapci.ids (Egbert Eich). 261. Improved mouse autodetection code (Egbert Eich). 260. Restructured int10 code so that vm86 and x86emu support can be loaded as modules. Implemented heuristic to try vm86 first and fall back to x86emu. This allows 32 bit Xservers to run on x86_64 on 64-bit kernel without vm86 support (Egbert Eich). 259. Restructured elf loader: determine which section to load from elfheader flags (Egbert Eich). 258. Adding RENDER Support to RAC (Egbert Eich). 257. Using borderClip instead of borderSize region for redisplay function in miext/shadow code to avoid core dumps when vt switched away (Egbert Eich). 256. Replacing sprintf() by snprintf() in lbxproxy to eliminate possible buffer overrun exploits (Egbert Eich). 255. KP_Decimal fixes to Czech and Slovak keybards (Jan Holesovsky <email@example.com>) (Egbert Eich).
Merge NetBSD alpha and powerpc support (Simon Burge, Thomas Klausner, Charles Hannum).
IA-64/Linux build fix
Merge OpenBSD/sparc64 server support. For now only PCI cards are supported. The Sbus code is explicitly disabled on this platform. (Jason Wright, Matthieu Herrb).
99. Fixed i810 crash on vt switch due to call to Sync() while switched away (Andris Pavenis). 98. Fixed MGAG550 HW Cursor (Laure-Amelie Couturie). 97. Added Xv support to neomagic driver (Shigehiro Nomura). 96. Implemented cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 95. Added AMD x86-64 architecture support (Egbert Eich). 94. Fixed memory leaks in xkb code (Egbert Eich). 93. Fixed several memory leaks in the config file parser and initialization routines (Egbert Eich). 92. Added CardBus bridge support (Egbert Eich). 91. Fixed strdup() define in glx (Egbert Eich). 90. Extended xf86misc extension to support changing the mouse device (Egbert Eich). 89. Replaced strdup() in xf86Configure.c with xalloc()/strcpy() to avoid conflicts when using internal malloc (Egbert Eich). 88. Extended memory debugging: Added signal handler to trigger a memory debugger dump on SIGUSR2 when compiled with memleak support (Egbert Eich). 87. Set vtSema to FALSE when suspended by APM to catch calls to 2D accel functions (Egbert Eich). 86. Implemented mouse protocol detection by analyzing data stream (Egbert Eich). 85. Added PnP mouse detection for PS/2, ImPS/2 and older MS serial mice (Egbert Eich). 84. Fixed gamma correction code for Trident 9397 (Alan Hourihane). 83. Fixed C&T driver to avoid initialization of video in non-linear mode (Egbert Eich). 82. Changed C&T driver to allow video even if acceleration is disabled (Egbert Eich). 81. Attempt to implement a more consistent handling of HW cursor in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 80. Fixed MGA driver to make HALlib work with VESA framebuffer modes (Egbert Eich). 79. Reworked Rendition driver (Egbert Eich). 78. S3 Virge driver: added minimal gap between SyncStart and HDisplay to avoid video lockups (Egbert Eich). 77. Fixed memory leaks in S3 Savage driver (Egbert Eich). 76. Modified several drivers to do int10 initialization using the VBE functions instead of calling int10 directly (Egbert Eich). 75. Fixed video support and mode initialization in Silicon Motion driver, removed wait for v-retrace (Egbert Eich). 74. Misc fixes to SiS driver (Thomas Winischhofer). 73. Added support for 1400x1050 screen in Trident driver (Egbert Eich). 72. Fixed several video issues for Trident CyberBladeXP chips (Egbert Eich). 71. Added probe for Tseng ISA chips (Egbert Eich). 70. Added 'KGAUniversal' option to generic vga driver which changes handling left overscan to work also on chips with C&T core (ie all C&T and Intel graphics chips) (Egbert Eich). 69. Modified int10 code to map area between V_BIOS and SYS_BIOS instead of copying it. Copying causes problems if legacy devices map MMIO registers there (Egbert Eich). 68. Implemented an extended int10 init function to allow passing flags (Egbert Eich). 67. Implemented optional handling of BIOS video mode scratch area in int10 code (Egbert Eich). 66. Again modified MTRR range splitting (Egbert Eich). 65. Added funtions to VBE to save and restore a video mode (Egbert Eich). 64. Added missing commas to symbols/us_intl (Hans Lunsing). 63. Added Ungherese (qwerty) support (Koblinger Egmont). 62. Added Euro symbol for hungarian kbd layout (Koblinger Egmont).
15. Fix mouse Protocol "Auto" for SunOS (Marc La France). 14. Relocate all driver low memory accesses (atimisc module not yet done) (Marc La France). 13. Make driver I/O relocatable (atimisc, s3, sis and tseng not yet done) (Marc La France). 12. PCI domain changes for SunOS/SPARC64 (Marc La France). 11. PCI domain changes for Linux/SPARC64 (#4653, Divid S. Miller, Marc La France). This is a text-only merge from Domain-branch. Not compile tested yet.
Resync with 22.214.171.124
643. Some QNX4 fixes/updates (#5121, Frank Liu).
638. Handle __inline and __inline__ in compiler.h for non-GNU compilers, which makes it more likely that drivers will build with other compilers (David Dawes, based on #5121, Frank Liu).
Change notice to be posted later...
423. Linux/PA-RISC portability fixes (#4892, Grant Grundler, Bdale Garbee, and LaMont Jones). 422. Linux/mips portability patch (#4891, Guido Guenther). 421. Preliminary support for building on Linux/arm32 (#4890, Branden Robinson). 420. Make it possible to build the X server on Linux/m68k platforms (#4889, Christian T. Steigies). 419. Fixes for xman's manpath config handling (#4886, Branden Robinson and Colin Watson). 418. Fix some man page aliases (#4882, Branden Robinson). 417. Define __GLX_ALIGN64 for glx on Alpha (based on #4888, Branden Robinson). 416. Remove PEX5 from the lists of specs in doc/specs/Imakefile (#4881, Branden Robinson). 415. linux.cf updates (#4874, Branden Robinson). 414. Updates for zh locale files (#4879, Branden Robinson). 413. xf86config man page update (#4877, Branden Robinson).
178. Fix some more mi build warnings (David Dawes). 177. Fix some mi build warnings (#4716-4719,4721-4724, Adam Sulmicki). 176. Port for Linux/SuperH (Jornada680/690 and SEGA Dreamcast) (#4680, 4681, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi). 175. Support for mouse wheel emulation (#A.506, Henry T. So).
156. Remove most X_NOT_STDC_ENV code, and assume that __STDC__ is defined (David Dawes).
Remove (stale) support for Amoeba and Minix.
145. Fix typos in radeon and wacom drivers. 144. Don't disable the secondary CRTC on ATI Rage XL adapters (it doesn't exist) (Marc La France). 143. Speed up ix86 block moves in ATI driver (Marc La France). 142. Temporarily disable hardware cursor support for ATI GX & CX adapters (Marc La France). 141. Make composite sync the default in the ATI driver (David S. Miller). 140. Rework stretching of small DFP modes in ATI driver (Marc La France). 139. Add an interesting PCI ID (Marc La France). 138. Allow ChipValidMode() functions to pre-calculate a mode's horizontal sync and vertical refresh rates (Marc La France). 137. Another fix for mode switch and cursor interactions (Marc La France). 136. Temporary fix for endianness problems in ATI driver (Marc La France). 135. Add XGetIMValues() prototype to Xlib.h (Marc La France). 134. Use a more reasonable numbering for recent binutils versions on Linux (Marc La France). 133. Fix dependencies for building drivers in a static server (Marc La France). + build & warning fixes.
416. xf86config build fix for non-GNU make (Marc La France). 415. Build fix for Summa driver on SunOS/Sparc (Marc La France). 414. compiler.h cleanup (Marc La France). 413. More DependDefines, OS_DEFINES and EXT_DEFINES build fixes (Marc La France).
409. Some unobstrusive preparations for SunOS/Sparc (Marc La France).
317. glxinfo needs libGLU (Marc La France). 316. Rage128 fix to Cards database (Marc La France). 315. Minor fix to PCI resource overlap handling (Marc La France). 314. Loader code simplification and IA-64 cache flushes (Marc La France). 313. Workaround in the ATI driver for troublesome interaction between loader and compiler optimisation (Marc La France). 312. Warning fixes for `gcc -fno-builtin`, which appears to be the default on some systems (Marc La France). + more of #301, tags, warnings and build fixes.
fix some mis-placed write mem barriers for Alpha platforms (Jay Estabrook).
1250. Invert NO_COMPILER_H_EXTRAS to prevent unintentional references to inx()/ outx() on the likes of SunOS (Marc La France).
1129. Fix typo in int10 for IA-64's (Marc La France). 1128. Make PCI bridge information in the log more accurate (Marc La France). 1127. Update ATI docs (Marc La France). 1126. Another getValidBIOSBase() fix (Marc La France). 1125. If the loader server dies from a signal during initialisation, print a list of undefined symbols (Marc La France). 1124. Move Alpha MMIO definitions from xf86_OSproc.h to compiler.h (Marc La France). 1123. Change update.docs rule for shodow tree friendliness (Marc La France). + build and warning fixes.
2014. Changed name of server binary to call by xf86cfg back to "XFree86 (Egbert Eich). 2013. Modified handling of memory alloctaion in TDFX driver (Egbert Eich). 2012. Attempt to fix the 'UseModes' directive in the Monitor section (Egbert Eich). 2011. Added debugging output for BIOS base address search (Egbert Eich). 2010. Changed neomagic driver to treat disable stretching for each mode individually (Egbert Eich). 2009. Removed '-traditional' from cpp rule for makedpend. Required for new glibc header files (Ruediger Oertel). 2007. Fix to make SuperProbe build again on ia64 (Andreas Schwab). 2007. Attempt to fix int10 (Egbert Eich). 2006. Modified blitter busy test to use the MMIO mapped registers on chips > CT69000 (Egbert Eich). 2005. Attempt to improve dga support in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 2004. Moved ppc_flush_icache to compiler.h - hope this fixes build problems (Egert Eich). 2003. changed cirrus driver to us fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 2002. Modularized HALlib for mga driver (Egbert Eich). 2001. Added DGA support to tseng driver (Rainer Keller). 2000. Added "framebuffer" bus type allowing resource control to take place outside of the server (Egbert Eich). 1099. Added turkish keyboard layout (Togan Muftuoglu).
976. Make xf86SoundKbdBell() available to modules (for citron driver) (Marc La France). 975. Fix glide driver's check for glide library presence (Marc La France). 974. Add missing symbol references in r128 and s3virge drivers (Marc La France). 973. Fix int10 debugging and reading in all segments between 0x0C0000 and 0x0F0000 (Marc La France). 972. Fix typo in imake.c (Marc La France). + more warning fixes.
911. Fix the ksc5601.1987-0 encoding file (#4226, 4228, Pablo Saratxaga). 910. Update xdm/sessreg to write ":0" type entried in utmp on OpenBSD (#4225, Matthieu Herrb). 909. Fix for Xmu under NetBSD, which doesn't #define "unix" anymore (#4225, Matthieu Herrb). 908. Preliminary support for OpenBSD/powerpc (#4225, Tsubai Masanari, Matthieu Herrb). 907. Support for native WSCONS driver on NetBSD and OpenBSD (#4225, Tsubai Masanari). 906. Support for new OpenBSD 2.8 shared libs scheme (#4225, Matthieu Herrb). 905. Support for the OpenBSD ports tree (#4225, Marc Espie). 904. Update the list of layouts in the xfree86.lst file (#4224, Ivan Pascal). 903. Add an XKB map for Serbian (#4224, Milos Rancic). 903. New revision of the Bulgarian XKB map (#4224, Anton Zinoviev). 902. Change the Alt key definitions in the "group switcher" descriptions to not override the base Alt key mappings (#4223, Ivan Pascal). 901. Change XKB Mode_switch behavior description to not clear "locked group" (#4223, Ivan Pascal). 900. Create a root window property "XFree86_DDC_EDID2_RAWDATA" when suitable data is available (#4222, Andrew C. Aitchison). 899. Fix some typos/errors in the Latvian and Lithuanian entries in the locale.alias and locale.dir files (#4221, Nerijus Baliunas).
897. Added render extension support to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 896. Fixed clock code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 899. xf86Configure now uses the imake variable xf86ConfigFile (Egbert Eich). 898. xf86cfg has a new option for a server path (Egbert Eich). 897. xf86cfg can now handle more than one command line argument (Egbert Eich). 895. Added a delay to dac code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 894. Changed shadowfb to use delayed updates in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 893. Rewrote ddc code in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 892. Rewrote ddc code in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 891. Fixed problems with enter/leave/closeScreen in nv driver (Egbert Eich). 890. Fixed a bug in the fixed modelines in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 889. Added reinitialization of blitter on enterVT in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 888. Fixed a typo which caused wrong register to be set in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 887. Added loader symbol handling to tseng driver (Egbert Eich). 886. Changed tseng driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 885. Changed chips driver to use fb instead of cfb (Egbert Eich). 884. Added render extension support to chips driver (Egbert Eich). 883. Added render extension support to neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 882. Added render extension support to nv driver (Egbert Eich). 881. Modified helper_mem.c to map everything between video bios and system bios on PC-like platforms (Egbert Eich). 880. Modified Linux mapVidMem() to map memory on page boundaries (Egbert Eich). 879. Changed BIOS_SIZE (Sys BIOS) from 0x10000 to 0xffff to make int10 work un DGUX (Takis Psarogiannakopoulos). 878. Fixed a bug in the argument list of the call to xf86ReadPciBIOS() from int10/pci.c (Egbert Eich). 877. Added simple sanity check to catch situation where DDC reads all 0 and therefore trivially has the correct checksum (Egbert Eich). 876. Changed i2c code to allow for longer rise/fall times on longer cables (Egbert Eich). 875. Removed limit on default visual for 4bpp (Egbert Eich). 874. Added macros to build nv driver on AXP (Jay Estabrook). 873. Changed -configure to use primary card as first card (Egbert Eich). 872. Changed generic vga driver to not unmap memory when switched away. 871. Fixed problem that caused APM support to be disabled on server reset (Egbert Eich). 870. Added support for newer sparse AXP systems (Egbert Eich). 869. Added support for MGA G100 PCI (Egbert Eich).
773. Loader fixes for Alpha. (Jay Estabrook). 772. Accelerated TGA2 32bpp for tga driver (Jay Estabrook). 771. Allow use of Compaq's Math Library on Alpha (currently for Mesa) (Alan Hourihane).
767. On IA-64's, build DRI and drm's if they would be built on IA-32's (David Mosberger). 766. Fix xf8_32wid build on Sparc's (Marc La France). 765. Fix MMIO macros for Sparc's (David S. Miller, Jakub Jelinek, Marc La France). 764. Sparc warning fixes (Marc La France). 763. Fix for decoded I/O and memory ranges of certain Sun PCI-to-PCI bridges (David S. Miller, Jakub Jelinek). 762. Force ATIAvoidCPIO to YES on Sparc's (Marc La France). 761. Minor fix for the ATI driver's printing of MMIO registers (Marc La France). 760. Minor fix for sunffb DGA support (Marc La France). 759. Remove unnecessary pointer<->long casts in tseng driver (Marc La France). 758. Re-align Sparc PCI support with that of other architectures (Marc La France). 757. mmap() /dev/fb instead of /dev/mem on Linux/Sparc (Marc La France). 756. Fix OS-reported PCI ranges on Linux/Sparc (David S. Miller, Jakub Jelinek). 755. Remove a dependency on word size in the determination of PCI resource sizes on Linux (Marc La France).
typo in compiler.h for alpha support
721. PCI chip ID updates to ATI driver (Marc La France). 720. Fix i810 driver for -probe and -configure (Marc La France). 719. Change message when default modes are deleted (Marc La France). 718. Fix Xinerama byte swapping bug (Marc La France). 717. IA-64 and Alpha fixes for pswrap, Mesa, DRI, Xpm, libX11, Xt, Xaw, Xmu, dps, Type1 fonts, cfb24, most output drivers, ELF loader, ramdac module, xf4bpp and xf86cfg (Marc La France). 716. Improve IA-64 support by removing a plethora of 32-bit'isms (Marc La France). 715. Default HasLinuxDoc to NO (Marc La France). + ident lines and warning fixes.
572. Reinstate non-MMIO-only version of ATI driver for Alpha architecture (Marc La France).
566. Various DRI-related 64-bit/IA-64 fixes (#A.134, David Mosberger).
507. Remove obsolete PC98 code (#4081, Takaaki Nomura). 506. Fix PC98 keyboard problems (#4081, Osamu Tomita). 505. Imake support for building on Linux/arm32 (#4080, Andrew E. Mileski). 504. Fix a problem with restoring the PIXCONF register in the i810 driver (#4078, Jonathan Bian). 503. Fix a build problem with the sis dri driver Imakefile (#4076, Takaaki Nomura). 502. Add DPMS support to the fbdev driver (#4075, Ani Joshi). 501. Add DPMS support to the fbdevhw module (#4074, Ani Joshi).
452. A few corrections to PIO and MMIO definitions affecting mips, arm32, powerpc architectures and QNX4 (Marc La France).
451. Minor int10 and VBE fixups (Marc La France). 450. For frequency options, don't clobber the old value before verifying the new one is valid (Marc La France). 449. Ensure xf86_ansic.h is always #include'd before compiler.h in code that can be compiled as a module (even for the static server). Generate an error if not (Marc La France). `make Everything` required.
remove duplicates for axp (defined in xf86_OSproc.h
273. Fix comments for the address matching algorithm in XauGetAuthByAddr() and XauGetBestAuthByAddr() (Keith Packard, based on #3939, Peter Runestig). 272. Handle setting SharedLibXdmGreet in the OS imake config files rather than having a complicated expression in the xdm Imakefile (#3980, Matthieu Herrb). 271. xdm updates from the OpenBSD team, including: - support for Kerberos IV authentication [enabled only in OpenBSD.cf, but could be enabled for other systems by setting HasdKrbIV] - use the arc4random(4) random number generator on OpenBSD - add a new resource "allowRootLogin", which can be used to disable root logins through xdm - log failed logins to syslogd [OpenBSD only, but could be enabled on other systems] - verify that the shell is valid using /etc/shells [OpenBSD only] - verify that the account hasn't expired [OpenBSD only, but could be enabled on other system that use the same passwd aging structure] (#3948, 3980, OpenBSD team, Matthieu Herrb). 270. Big/little endian MMIO_XX macros for ppc, and also PIO macros check that IOBase is mmapped before doing any accesses (#3979, Kostas Gewrgiou). 269. Preliminary driver for Integrated Micro Solutions TwinTurbo128 (imstt) (#3978, Ani Joshi). 268. Fix broken czsk keymaps, and let the user directly select either Czech or Slovak keyboard in xf86config (#3975, Kamil Toman). 267. Implement DGA2 support with depth switching for ATI Rage 128 cards (#3974, Ove Kaaven).
#3936, 3940 212. Add support to the sunffb driver for multiple visuals on the same screen, overlays, double buffering and some other niceties (#3938, David S. Miller, Jakub Jelinek). 211. Make the modifier setting on Sun keyboards match what XFree86 expects (#3937, Jakub Jelinek). 210. Add unaccelerated support for the Sun CG6 (#3935, Jakub Jelinek). 209. Make the -configure option work with SBUS/UPA drivers, fix some bugs in the sbus layer, add support for ioctl based colormap setting, and fix leds on Sun keyboards (#3934, Jakub Jelinek). 208. Fix a parallel build problem in lib/dps (#3932, H. J. Lu). 207. Update the r128 driver to recosnise both variants of the Rage Mobility and the PCI variant of the Rage128 Pro (#3931, Michel Danzer). 206. Fix some build problems that show up with LynxOS x86 and PowerPC (#3929, Thomas Mueller). 205. Fix documentation files for the mutouch and elographics drivers, and build these drivers by default (#3935, Patrick Lecoanet). 204. Make the dga2 library use the device name provide by the driver rather than always using the default (3924, David S. Miller). 203. Fix a problem with the internal xalloc that shows up on Sparc (#3923, David S. Miller). 202. Fix a GLX visual problem that causes a crash at server shutdown (#3922, David S. Miller).
193. Accelerated driver for Sun Leo/ZX cards (#3899, Jakub Jelinek). 192. Fully accelerated driver for Sun FFB and AFB chips (#3898, Jakub Jelinek). 191. Generic SBUS and UPA support for XFree86 (#3897, Jakub Jelinek).
3795. Static library objects don't use THREADS_CFLAGS (#3790, Matthieu Herrb). 3934. Fix a fatal error related to shared memory pixmaps in Xinerama (#3788, Mark Vojkovich). 3933. Fix IA64 build fixes (#3787, Mark Vojkovich). 3932. Fill out the rendition man page (#3785, Dejan Ilic). 3931. Update the s3virge man page (#3784, Kevin Brosius). 3930. Fix the FreeBSD/alpha code to track changes made to the Linux memory mapping code (#3782, Doug Rabson). 3929. Update email addresses for C&T driver authors (#3781, Nozomi Ytow).
3831. Fix some build problems on Interactive Unix (#3739, Michael Rohleder). 3830. Disable NetBSD aperture driver support by default (#3736, Matthieu Herrb). 3829. Update OpenBSD and NetBSD docs (#3735, Matthieu Herrb). 3828. Update the VideoBoard98 file (#3734, Isao Ohishi). 3827. Fix 'X -scanpci' crash (David Dawes). 3826. Fix the "ev56" gcc option (#3730, Keith Packard). 3825. Fix some problems with the MMIO macro use of function pointers on Alpha (#3729, Keith Packard). 3824. Fix a Mesa bug involving paletted textures and software rendering (#3727, Brian Paul). 3823. Fix a glx bug involving glFlush() inside glXWaitGL() (#3727, Brian Paul).
fix build problems on UnixWare
see changelog (to be submitted later)
3749. Fix the mga driver to work with the MGA 2064W on Alpha architectures (#3679, Doug Rabson). 3748. Support for building XFree86 on FreeBSD/alpha (#3678, Doug Rabson). 3747. Restore viewport correctly on VT switch for the s3virge, and clean up the logging messages (#3676, Kevin Brosius). 3746. Don't try to program the keyboard repeat rate directly for Linux/98 (#3675, Takaaki Nomura). 3745. Update information about mouse support in 3.9.18 (#3673, 3674, Kazutaka Yokota). 3744. Remove the "Extended PS/2 mouse protocol" class from the supported interfaces in FreeBSD, since they are already handled at the device driver level (#3672, Kazutaka Yokota). 3743. Merge Kevin Hendricks fbdev/ppc patches in r128, fix wrong order in cursor init (#3671, Kostas Gewrgiou, Kevin Hendricks). 3742. Fix a problem building xedit/realpath.c that shows up on Linux (#3670, Andrew Aitcheson). 3741. Fix a build problem for lcUTF.c on Linux/libc5 (#3668, Andrew Aitcheson). 3740. Make sure the cursor is positioned correctly after mode changes (#3667, Harald Koenig). 3739. Add support for the SiS 630/540/300/530/620 to the SiS driver with hw acceleration. Support for the tvout function is included for the 630/540/300 (#3666, Can-Ru Yeou, SiS).
This should build OK on Linux, but there are some known problems on other OSs that I haven't fixed yet. PS, I'd strongly encourage people to do a static server build as well as a loader build before committing (#define DoLoadableServer NO). 3647. XFree86-Bigfont extension that provides efficient client access to the complete glyph metrics, using shared memory where possible/available or transmitting the data in a compressed format otherwise (#3626, Bruno Haible). 3646. Update locale support for Celtic languages (Welsh, Irish, Scots, Manx and Cornish), and include a compose file for ISO-8859-14 (#3612, Alastair McKinstry). 3644. The new extension init code didn't handle server resets (#3628, Ebgert Eich). 3643. xf86GetPciSizeFromOS() didn't close the file it opened (#3627, Loic Grenie). 3642. Export frexp() and ldexp() to modules (#3624, 3631, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3641. Fixes for CTEXT handling in Xlib: - rewrite CTEXT from/to converters for standard compliance - CTEXT parser now understands UTF-8 (and other DOC) sequences and performs only CTEXT sequence recognition - detailed charset information parsing moved to the procedure that adds 'charset object' - Some actions for preparing 'charset object' moved to lcCharSet.c (where it can be done easily) - XlcAddCT call added to XLC_LOCALE file parser to allow recognition of charsets that are described only in those files (ie, not in internal Xlib tables) (#3624, Ivan Pascal). 3640. Convert the nv driver to use MMIO to access the VGA registers instead of normal I/O ports. Also riva_hw is updated to the same version as is in 3.3.6 (#3620, Jarno Paananen). 3639. DRI and Mesa update (#3619, Brian Paul, Precision Insight). 3638. Fix a problem with the tdfx driver that can result in a lockup (#3618, Nicholas Brealey). 3627. Fix some PPC inline assembler in compiler.h (#3617, Kostas Gewrgiou). 3626. Add support for the S3 Trio3D/2x and Trio3D chips to the s3virge driver (#3616, 3623, Harald Koenig). 3625. Fix some build problems on Solaris 8 with gcc (#3615, Richard Coley). 3624. Fix an Xserver core dump that can happen when xdmcp-related command line options have missing arguments (#3614, Harald Koenig). 3623. Xterm patch #125 (#3611, Thomas Dickey). 3622. Add a Type1 version of the cursor font (#3610, Juliusz Chroboczek).
See detailed list in CHANGELOG to be submitted later
3565. Update linux.cf to use the kernel header files on Debian rather than those packaged with the libc headers (#3544, Simon Richter). 3564. Add an item to the default twm menu to open an xterm window (#3584, David Brownlee). 3563. Update Spanish locales in xc/nls (#3583, Fernando Herrera). 3562. Fix I2C/DDC for S3 ViRGE (#3582, Harald Koenig). 3561. Update the fbdevhw module for some new cards (#3579, Kostas Gewrgiou). 3560. Fix interpret_vdif.c for big endian machines (#3578, Kostas Gewrgiou). 3559. Minor fix to DDC to find monitor descriptions in EDID v1.1 (#3576, Egbert Eich). 3558. Allow silken mouse to work when building on Linux without DRI (#3574, Keith Packard). 3557. Only do the kbdrate I/O on architectures that support it (#3573, 3581, Kostas Gewrgiou, Branden Robinson). 3556. Fix XAA colour expansion for big-endian architectures (#3572, Kostas Gewrgiou). 3555. Update QNX support (#3570, Frank Guangxin Liu).
3395. Add QNX4, Neutrino support (#3489, Frank Guangxin Liu).
3336. Fx up new MMIO macros (#3337, Matt Grossman). 3335. Clean up compiler warnings in lib/font/bitmap (#3411, Matt Grossman). 3334. TGA fixes, add sync on green (#3410, Matt Grossman). 3333. Fix NULL pointer dereference in libXaw (#3406, Christopher Sekiya). 3332. Add Rage128 support (#3405, Rik Faith, funded by ATI). 3331. Add MTRR support for NetBSD and OpenBSD. Add new NetBSD aperture driver (#3404, Matthieu Herrb). 3330. Xterm patch #121 (#3402, Thomas Dickey). 3329. Rendition driver bugfixes and alpha related cleanups (#3400, Dejan Ilic, Marc Langenbach, Egbert Eich). 3328. Add void input device (#3392, Frederic Lepied). 3327. Changed the Xon serial option to be able to select xon/xoff for input, output or both. Add support for Graphire models. Change wacom init phase to use new Xoff option (#3391, Frederic Lepied). 3326. Change the SwapAxes option to SwapXY in elographics/microtouch driver to match an already existing option in the Dynapro driver. Add a Focus class capability to the elographics driver (#3395, Patrick Lecoanet). 3325. Update mouse rate handling (#3388, Harald Koenig). 3324. Fix NULL pointer dereference in misprite.c (#3380, Edward Wang). 3323. Add FBDev and ShadowFB support to glint driver. Add new option "NoWriteBitmap" (#3383, Michel Daenzer). 3322. Update SuperProbe to handle S3 Savage4, Savage200 and clean up Trio3D/Savage3D detection (#3382,3384 Harald Koenig). 3321. Add new framebuffer code and tiny X DDX architecture (#3379, Keith Packard). 3320. Add DGA2 documentation (#3378, Mark Vojkovich). 3319. Update XFree86 manpage wrt -bpp/-depth/-fbbpp (#3377, Andy Isaacson). 3318. Make SuperProbe check primary cards, only (#3374, Harald Koenig). 3317. Add SilkenMouse to *BSD (#3373, Matthieu Herrb). 3316. Allow SilkenMouse to work if not all drivers of an OS support SIGIO (#3372, Keith Packard). 3315. Fix a few problems in TGA driver and add support for backing store and SilkenMouse (#3371, Matt Grossman). 3314. Add smarter scheduler (#3370, Keith Packard). 3313. Xterm patch #120 (#3369, Thomas Dickey). 3312. Enable xf86SetKbdRate function on Solaris 8 (#3364, David Holland). 3311. Fix some bugs and add acceleration to Rendition server (#3360, Dejan Ilic). 3310. Make raw DDC information available as properties in the root window (#3357, Andrew Aitchison). 3309. Fix for xf86CreateRootWindow (#3355, Andrew Aitchison). 3308. Add manpage for the chips driver (#3353, David Bateman). 3307. Update contact info (#3352, Andrew van der Stock). 3306. Add kbd rate support for Linux (#3363, Harald Koenig). 3305. Update Portuguese XKB map (#3351, Joao Esteves, Francisco Colaco). 3304. Fix text clipping in 3dfx driver (#3349, Henrik Harmsen). 3303. Fix S3 ViRGE hw cursor (#3348, Harald Koenig). 3302. Fix clipping in 3dfx driver (#3342, Daryll Strauss). 3301. Enable SilkenMouse for 3dfx driver (#3341, Henrik Harmsen). 3300. Enable SIGIO support on LynxOS (#3339, Thomas Mueller). 3299. Get TRUE defined in sigio.c. Fix xterm compile problem on ISC (#3338, Michael Rohleder). 3298. Correct DPMS suspend/standby modes for 3dfx driver (#3336, Henrik Harmsen) 3297. Xterm patch #119 (#3335, Thomas Dickey).
3252. Fix problem with cleanup after XAA offscreen pixmap allocation fails (Mark Vojkovich). 3251. Fix missing USE_MMIO define in trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3250. Blade, image and trident updates for the trident driver (Alan Hourihane). 3249. A very preliminary "-probe" mode for the X server (David Dawes). 3248. Remove __alpha__ ifdefs from the mga driver by changing the way sparse MMIO access is handled (David Dawes). 3247. Fix a WarpPointer bug introduced when "xineramifying" some dix code (Mark Vojkovich). 3246. Move the BuildObjectFromLibrary rule into Imake.rules.
1445. Fix a SEGV in xsm (#3073, Matthias Scheler). 1444. Fix a SEGV in xinit on QNX amd the QNX NEED_UTSNAME bug (#3072, Frank Guangxin Liu). 1443. Add support for QNX/Neutrino (#3071, Sebastien Marineau).
1433. Add QNX support (and lots of Wacom compiler fixes) (#3054, Jean-Claude Michot). 1432. Fix SiS530/620 support (Can-Ru Yeou, SiS). 1431. Update xf86config to offer a more capable monitor choice.
fix some build problems
#2625-2632,2635-2641 shadowfb support for that vga driver at depths 1 and 4
fix a build problem on Linux
patches 2468-2471,2473-2476 plus mga and pci updates
#2269-2291, for 3.9Np
Initial batch of patches for 3.9No
The outstanding patches for 3.3.3 Note that some may be missing (as I cannot get to part of my mail again) and that there are a few that have not been applied since I need to look through them a little more carefully (esp. 2051 and 2082). This includes changes 2042,2046,2047,2049,2053,2054,2058,2059,2061,2062,2064,2065,2068-2081
patches 2017,2019,SiS,MGA,Cards, preparing for 3.3.2e
X11R6.4 public patch 3
X11R6.4 public patch 0
patches for 3.9Nc, except the FreeType changes
fix some build problems
Back out #1896, and fix a few other things
First pass merge of xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
#1712,1715,1716,1719,1721,1723,1724,1730,1742,1744,1746 Not even compile tested, yet
Some more resyncing with metro stuff already on the main branch
Clean out common_hw Update the PCI code, and put it in os-support/bus/. Continue the cleanup of headers and prototyping
fix compiler.h problem and build problem for s3pwlb (PC98)
#1436, and fix Xserver/Imakefile
Metro Link patches
patches #1041,1044-1047,1050-1058,1061-1065,1069,1072; I didn't include the contrib patches and the patches from Louis Kruger, as well as the TOG stuff; this is not build tested, yet
preparing for 3.9k,#773,775-781,783,790,796,797,799,802,805,806,808,810,817,818,825
X11R6 pre-R6.3 seq-4282
X11R6.1 beta (seq-4104)
X11R6.1 beta (seq-4010)
prelim fix-11 merge
X11R6 Public Patch 11 (prelim version)
Minix and 16-bit Mach32 support
X11R6 Public Patch 0