CVS log for xc/extras/X-TrueType/Attic/xttfuncs.c
Request diff between arbitrary revisions
93. Retire X-TT 1.x and FreeType 1.x (David Dawes).
More IRIX warnings
510. Update X-TrueType (X-TT) to version 1.4.2 (Chisato Yamauchi, After X-TT Project): - Fixed several bugs of make_up_italic_bitmap() function. - Changed the order of priority of mapIDRelations in JISX0208 and JISX0201 code converter. The windows ucs2 is given the highest priority for kochi-substitute Japanese fonts. - Fixed code relation in cc_jisx0208_to_std_ucs2() function (not 0x215d -> 0x00b1 but 0x215d -> 0x2212) - Added minor improvements.
443. Remove lots of redundant redeclarations (David Dawes).
328. Update X-TrueType (X-TT) to version 1.4.1 (Chisato Yamauchi, After X-TT Project): - Extension of code converter modules for ARABIC, ARMSCII8, BIG5HKSCS, GB18030, ISO8859.*, etc. (Pablo Saratxaga, James Su) - Try to use TT_Load_Glyph_Bitmap() in get_metrics() when `bs' option is not set. - Use Embedded Bitmap with the option `eb=y' when Auto Italic is set. - Enhancements for `ds', `eb' and `bw' options. - New options for TTCap, `fc' and `fm': they enable the *extremely* fast loading of big Japanese or unicode fonts with `-p-' in the XLFD. - Performance improvement of FreeTypeGetMetrics() function. - Improved performance based on the solution to the buffer overflow problem, caused by exceeding the range of maxbounds.ascent/maxbounds.descent. This problem occurred only when `-m-' spacing was used. - Improved fix to crashes caused when certain fonts (e.g. verdana.ttf) are used; solution based on investigating the true nature of the problem. - Added patch for mktcapdir-0.5.4 and some ttfconf files suitable for X-TT 1.4.0. - Preparation for extending the encoding field of XLFD. X-TT permits the following additional XLFD format: "-foo-foo-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-foo.2000-0.0" "-foo-foo-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-foo.2000-0.1" The last number can be used to indicate the plane number of a huge character set. - Support for reverse `fc' specification. `fc=0xaa00-0xa0ff' means specifying the ranges 0x0000-0xa0ff and 0xaa00-0xffff. This is useful for GB18030 proportional fonts. - Improved fix for server crash that appears on Linux/PPC. - Added ksc5601.*-3 and ksx1001.*-3 to KSCJOHAB/main.c (Jungshik Shin). - Added U+20AC and U+00AE characters to KSCJOHABtoUCS2.c and KSC5601toUCS2.c (Jungshik Shin). - Fixed an X server crash when using LucidaSansRegular.ttf (reported by Koike Kazuhiko). - Improved fix to prevent NULL dereference when the font cache becomes full; solution by allocation of a dummy area for bitmap. - Fixed an X server crash because of an inconsistency problem between XFree86 and X-TT (reported by Koike Kazuhiko). - Numerous minor improvements.
906. Fix a crash in the "xtt" font module caused by a NULL dereference when the font cache becomes full (#A.1611, Chisato Yamauchi and tokeijikakenoringo).
809. Improve the XTT code that prevents unexpected data to be passed to XAA (#5600, Chisato Yamauchi).
785. Fix an XTT problem where garbage is displayed when there are undefined glyphs for fixed width fonts, and fix some other potential problems (#A.1541, Hidetoshi Yamanouchi, Chisato Yamauchi).
704. Fix for two problems where the combination of xtt and XAA could result in a crash. The first problem was xtt returning a NULL pointer for the bitmap even though the height was non-zero. The second problem was glyph ascent/descent exceeding the range of maxbounds.ascent/ maxbounds.descent (A.1484, Chisato Yamauchi, Masanori Shimada).
588. Add a new interface for registration of core font renderers that allows priorities to be assigned. This allows multiple renderers for the same extension to be registered, with the one with the highest priority being the one that gets used (#5435, 5437, Juliusz Chroboczek).
319. Moved LdPreLib define after the vendor/OS specific config files as it may depend on setting done there (Egbert Eich). 318. Several fixes for cross compile environment (Egbert Eich). 317. Added code to allow for building of static only libraries with -fPIC for platforms which require it (Egbert Eich). 316. Added '-m32' to gcc flags as default for ia32 builds when gcc version is >= 3.1. This allows building a 32 bit Version of X on 64bit x86-64 (Egbert Eich). 315. Changed direct calls of ld to 'gcc -nostdlib' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 314. Changed calls to as to 'gcc -c -x assembler-with-cpp' for Linux (Egbert Eich). 313. Added '-fno-strict-aliasing' flag to gcc version >= 3.1 (Egbert Eich). Strict requires that one address must not contain pointers to different types - a feature heavily used by X (Egbert Eich). 312. Fixed a core dump problem in libXtt (?) (Egbert Eich). 311. Removed '#pragma pack' from structures that contain function pointers in x86emu. This causes problems on gcc 3.1 for ia64 (Egbert Eich). 310. Added defines for missing X types to saverproto.h (Egbert Eich). 309. Fixed compiler warings generated by gcc >= 3.1 in mesa drivers (Egbert Eich). 308. For platforms that allow both 32 and 64 bit libraries to be executed split Xlib i18n modules path into <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common and <libpath>/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib64/common. 'lib64' has been defined to be the default path for 64bit shared libraries on these platforms (Egbert Eich). 307. Fixed obvious typo in OMlib (Egbert Eich). 306. Fixed code in cfb that didn't comply with C sequence rules. Modern C compilers tend to be more aggressive on code reordering (Egbert Eich). 305. Changed arguments of NoopDDA() from VarArgs to void. Handling of VarArgs by gcc isn't compatible with the way it was used on certain platforms (Egbert Eich). 304. Added support for 32bit pixmaps for 24bit overlay framebuffers in fb overlay code (Egbert Eich). 303. Fixed kdrive to print a meaningful error message instead of just core dump when no matching graphics cards is found (Egbert Eich). 302. fixed portability bug in xwd (Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org>) 301. fixed X Server crash, which happended each time a proportional iso10646 font was loaded with xtt backend (Yong Li <email@example.com>) 300. Added some ARM specific fixes to compiler.h (Uli Hecht). 299. Added a virtual 'dummy' driver (Egbert Eich). 298. Fixed core dump when certain access functions are not set in xf86Bus.c (Egbert Eich). 297. Fixed problem where SIGIO could be disabled after a server reset. 296. Added configurable list of devices the xf86Misc extension is allowed to change the mouse device to (Egbert Eich). 295. Changed default mouse type to 'auto' when generating config file with '-configure' (Egbert Eich). 294. Made sure keyboard modifier settings are consistent after exit from DGA when the xkb extension is used (Egbert Eich). 293. Disabled keyboard processing when Xserver is suspended by power management. This allows effective locking of laptops when stolen (Egbert Eich). 292. Added/improved options for lockfile syncing (Egbert Eich). 291. Added support for backup copy of Xserver logfile (Egbert Eich). 290. Fixed GetTimeInMillis() to use deltas instead of absolute time returend by gettimeofday(). This ensures time is monotonic in X (Egbert Eich). 289. Fixed xf86Misc extension to allow modification of Expps2 mice (Egbert Eich). 288. Made code in xf86MiscExt.c more readable (Egbert Eich). 287. Fixed PCI CardBus bridge handling (Egbert Eich). 286. Added code to reenable PCI bus mastering after coming back from a VT switch to radeon driver (Charl P. Botha <http://cpbotha.net/>) (Egbert Eich). 285. Dito for r128 driver (M. Harris). 284. Dito for glint and mga driver (Egbert Eich). 283. Fixed double scan issues for low res modes in C&T driver (Egbert Eich). 282. Set rgbBits to 8 for all HiQV chips in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 281. Moved initialization of accel funtions past initialization of offscreen fb manager in chips driver (Egbert Eich). 280. Fixed initialization of video in chips driver (?). 279. Fixed HALlib problem restoring text mode on G550 (Egbert Eich). 278. Restructured and included Matrox's Merged Framebuffer changes to mga driver (Egbert Eich). 277. G450/550 clockchip programming fixes (Matrox). 276. Fixed HW Cursor for HALlib frame granularity (Egbert Eich). 275. Enabling 2D accel in 24-bit for neomagic 2360 and 2380 (Egbert Eich). 274. Added support for builtin 1024x480 mode of Sony subnotebooks for Neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 273. Fixed support for lowRes (320x240) modes in neomagic driver (Egbert Eich). 272. Fixed RAC function registration in S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 271. Added some voodoo to screen initialization of S3 driver (Egbert Eich). 270. Fixed vbe/int10 support in SMI driver. It used to core dump when BIOS was not usable (Egbert Eich). 269. Separated BRIGHTNESS and and CAPTURE_BRIGNTESS video attributes in smi driver: CAPTURE_BRIGHTNESS refers to the capture chip (ie. Philips SAA7110) while BRIGHTNESS controls the video overlay of the SMI chip itself (Egbert Eich). 268. Disable automatic loading of DRI when running SUN ffb as this is inconsistent with other drivers (Thorsten Kukuk). 267. Fixed Gamma/Brightness code in trident driver (Egbert Eich). 266. Added FpDelay debugging option (Egbert Eich). 260. Fixed video support for Trident 9397 (Egbert Eich). 265. Fixed Cursor/VT switch support for vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 264. Fixed Blit problems in vmware driver when running KDE (Egbert Eich). 263. Added RENDER support to vmware driver (Egbert Eich). 262. Added C&T 69030 to extrapci.ids (Egbert Eich). 261. Improved mouse autodetection code (Egbert Eich). 260. Restructured int10 code so that vm86 and x86emu support can be loaded as modules. Implemented heuristic to try vm86 first and fall back to x86emu. This allows 32 bit Xservers to run on x86_64 on 64-bit kernel without vm86 support (Egbert Eich). 259. Restructured elf loader: determine which section to load from elfheader flags (Egbert Eich). 258. Adding RENDER Support to RAC (Egbert Eich). 257. Using borderClip instead of borderSize region for redisplay function in miext/shadow code to avoid core dumps when vt switched away (Egbert Eich). 256. Replacing sprintf() by snprintf() in lbxproxy to eliminate possible buffer overrun exploits (Egbert Eich). 255. KP_Decimal fixes to Czech and Slovak keybards (Jan Holesovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>) (Egbert Eich).
Resync with 188.8.131.52. With any luck, this might even compile for a change...
582. Add proper reference counting to the XvMCContext so that destroying the context before destroying associated surfaces is handled correctly (#5083, Matthew J. Sottek). 581. Fix the xtt (X-TrueType) font module so that it will recognise fonts with upper-case suffixes (".TTF" and ".TTC") (#5082, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi). 580. Use uname instead of hostname in rstart and xon scripts for portability, plus some other rstart and xon fixes (#5081, Chris Bare, from X11R6.6).
526. Fix a possible SIGFPE in the X-TrueType fonts (#A.640, Nam SungHyun).
407. Fix for threaded libraries (Marc La France). 406. Finish removal of SuperProbe (Marc La France). 405. A rather large number of warning fixes throughout (Marc La France). 404. Fix bug in HTML install script (Marc La France). 403. Missing ident lines for some XFree86-modified files (Marc La France). 402. Add default half-width doublescanned modes (Marc La France). 401. Mark all driver-registered resources with ResBus (Maarc La France). 400. Fix DPMS-related build problem (Marc La France). 399. Log a message just before calling each ChipProbe() during '-probe' processing (Marc La France). 398. Temporarily disable ISA probing on SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 397. Add PCI IDs for Sun hardware (Marc La France). 396. Fix memory leak in resource relocation (Marc La France). 395. Do not relocate resources that only conflict with disabled non-video PCI devices or disabled PCI ROMs (Marc La France). 394. Re-organise SBUS code (Marc La France). 393. Add as-yet-unused definitions for PCI resource types other than I/O and memory (Marc La France). 392. Add doc for Solaris, but don't format it yet (Marc La France). 391. Normalise driver names (Marc La France). 390. For SPARCs, disable DGA support in ATI driver (Marc La France). 389. Clean up some debugging messages (Marc La France). 388. Fix newport driver for when a /proc fs isn't mounted (Marc La France). 387. Fix DAC handling bugs in s3 driver (Marc La France). 386. Fix resource registration bug for PCI Tseng's (Marc La France). 385. Add aperture driver for Solaris (not yet used) (Marc La France). 384. Rework scanpci to fix problems that prevented it from completely displaying non-PCI bridges and Simba bridges (Marc La France). 383. Fix build problems in some input drivers (Marc La France). 382. Fix int10 compile problem for SPARCs and PowerPCs (Marc La France). 381. Ensure master aborts on secondary buses complete normally during PCI scans (Marc La France). 380. Some memory mapping and Solaris cleanups (Marc La France).
721. PCI chip ID updates to ATI driver (Marc La France). 720. Fix i810 driver for -probe and -configure (Marc La France). 719. Change message when default modes are deleted (Marc La France). 718. Fix Xinerama byte swapping bug (Marc La France). 717. IA-64 and Alpha fixes for pswrap, Mesa, DRI, Xpm, libX11, Xt, Xaw, Xmu, dps, Type1 fonts, cfb24, most output drivers, ELF loader, ramdac module, xf4bpp and xf86cfg (Marc La France). 716. Improve IA-64 support by removing a plethora of 32-bit'isms (Marc La France). 715. Default HasLinuxDoc to NO (Marc La France). + ident lines and warning fixes.
200. Fix a memory allocation in lbxproxy that can cause it to crash at startup (#3921, Peter Runestig). 199. Fix a problem with imake's handling of DefaultGccIncludeDir (#3920, Peter Runestig). 198. lib/X11/imInt.c fix from the OpenMotif release notes (#3919). 197. Prototype and fix almost all compiler warnings fot he dps library and the related pswrap program (#3912, Thomas Dickey). 196. Fix for x-tt font cache corruption (#3911, H. J. Lu). 195. Ansi prototypes for the lbxusilt library and Xserver/lbx directory (#3908, Matthieu Herrb). 194. Fix some bugs in the cirrus lg driver (#3900, Itai Nahshon).
3779. Cleanups for the contrib programs recently moved into the main xc/ tree (#3701, Bruno Haible). 3778. Small lynx.cf fix (#3700, Thomas Mueller). 3777. Initialise MMIO32 for r128 when using fbdev (#3699, Kostas Gewrgiou). 3776. Avoid most lockups for Trio3D startup (s3virge driver) (#3698, Harald Koenig). 3775. Fix unresolved and conflicting symbols in X-TT, and fix the broken BIG5 converter (#3697, Takuya Shiozaki). 3774. Update README.fonts (#3696, Juliusz Chroboczek). 3773. Add dot, line, arc accelerations for 24bpp in fb, and cleanup most warnings (#3695, Keith Packard). 3772. Make it possible to build the r128 driver with support for fb (disabled by default) (#3693, Keith Packard). 3771. Fix a problem with lnx_ev56 (#3693, Keith Packard). 3770. Fix references to noPanoramiXExtension when Xinerama is not built (#3691, Christopher Sekiya). 3769. Fix possible races in xauth and libXau (#3690, 3694, Colin Phipps). 3768. Fix some Xv and PC-98 init bugs in the apm driver (#3689, Loic Grenie). 3767. Fix SVR4.0 build problem in the cyrix driver (David Dawes). 3766. Fix SVR4.0 build problems in the sis driver (#3687, Takaaki Nomura).
merge X-TrueType 1.3
X-TrueType version 1.3
missing ident lines
2748. Xterm patch #107 (#2879, Thomas Dickey). 2747. Cirrus driver updates, including support for generic (V4L) video adapters, fix depth 15 mode for the laguna chips and turn of the DAC when blanking the screen (#2878, Itai Nahshon). 2746. Fix problems with the build of the 6.1-compatible Xaw shared library, and some optimizations and bug fixes for the Xaw and xedit (#2877, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade). 2745. Add functions (CreateFontRec and DestroyFontRec) for allocating and freeing FontRecs rather than having the size encoded in all of the renderer modules. Also, change the font private index handling to make all indices show up in all FontRecs (#2873, Mark Vojkovich). 2744. Add ANSI prototypes for lib/XIE (#2870, Thomas Dickey). 2743. Some preliminary work on adding afb support to the fbdev driver (#2869, Sven Luther).
X-TrueType version 1.2pre-19990125